How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-10-2011
front row

another pic of TTH in her amazing thakoon skirt!!!

shopbop.com

08-10-2011
windowshopping

Love her style!

08-10-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

That Thakoon skirt is simply brilliant. I Also love the color combination of the Christopher Kane sweater and olive pants. Her outfits may not have been es excentric and faboulous than during the previous season, but she still is the best when it comes to accessorising an outfit in my opinion.

08-10-2011
front row

The necklace with the Kane sweater is stunning. And I kinda love the eccentricity of the inside out pants!

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

Doubles your wardrobe if you can wear it inside out too, heee heee. Yeah, I like that she'd take a risk like that. I suppose they could be made to be worn that way, by some avant garde designer? But if she just thought, "now, I'll just turn these around", how cool and fun. It's a little like wearing the shirt under her skirt in NYC. She really plays with her clothes, a great quality for an editor.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 08-10-2011 at 12:43 PM.

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

Cairo / Paris

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

And the squares of the pockets somehow echo the squares on the sweater... Like It more each time I see it, which is the way with a bunch of her looks.

Marie Claire

08-10-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Doubles your wardrobe if you can wear it inside out too, heee heee. Yeah, I like that she'd take a risk like that. I suppose they could be made to be worn that way, by some avant garde designer? But if she just thought, "now, I'll just turn these around", how cool and fun. It's a little like wearing the shirt under her skirt in NYC. She really plays with her clothes, a great quality for an editor.
I don't remember that look. Could you link the post # or upload a pic of it?

I too love how she plays with clothes. Having read that interview about her non-fashion background, I'm also starting to pay attention to how that sort of degree informs how she wears clothing.

08-10-2011
V.I.P.

Oh sure. It's this one wild roses. Taylor hiked up her Proenza skirt (which she rewore in Paris with a Balenciaga top) and you can see her shirt - tied - poking out below. Creative, yes?

Marie Claire

08-10-2011
trendsetter

Thanks for finding that pic! I don't remember that look (but I've only been following her for a few months). That is very creative and very risk-taking! Extremely fun too!

I think the reason she can get away with her quirky, offbeat outfits is because she has a good eye for balance and colour combinations. Like with the example above. It's deceptively "normal." If I hadn't been told that was a shirt bottom sticking out, I would have presumed it was a part of the skirt itself. The white knit top, green bag, and green shoes balances the skirt/shirt combo out.

08-10-2011
front row

she's too cool for make up! she doesn't pile it on. LOVE it Taylor!!!

10-10-2011
stl
trendsetter

credit: WhoWhatWear blog

10-10-2011
stl
trendsetter

credit: style and the city

10-10-2011
trendsetter

Something tells me we'll be seeing her in these MJ sweaters:

style.com

10-10-2011
V.I.P.

^^ Her hair is like fire. Love that outfit.

^ I could definitely see her in the first MJ but it would be cool if she wore the second one.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, december, february, hill, taylor, tomasi