How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2013
Some Like It Hot

*Stylebistro.com

16-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

windowshopping

OMG. Those eyes, that voice......

Some Like It Hot

Some Like It Hot

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Guests arrive for the Vanity Fair lunch at Restaurant 34 in London (May 14, 2013 - Source: Gf/Bauer Griffin) via zimbio.com

Quote:
Model Joan Smalls (L) and designer Tom Ford attend the Costume Institute Gala for the 'PUNK: Chaos to Couture' exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 6, 2013 in New York City. (May 5, 2013 - Source: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America)

_____

Tom's playlist courtesy of CR Fashion Book
1. Paloma Faith - Stone Cold Sober
2. Laura Nyro & LaBelle Ė The Bells
3. Kate Alexa Ė Teardrops (Meldrum Radio Edit)
4. Paloma Faith - Smoke and Mirrors
Not a new photo but I'll include it anyway since it's part of the feature and it's sexy so...

crfashionbook

19-06-2013
Some Like It Hot

Dailymail.co.uk

_____

Men's Grooming Launch Party at Mark's Club, London

tatler + wwd

21-06-2013
Some Like It Hot

^HQ's

*Vogue.co.uk

Some Like It Hot

Could someone tell me where this picture is from?

*Vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

^Yves Saint Laurent menswear show from S/S 04.

01-08-2013
Some Like It Hot

^Thank you.

Tom was interviewed by Sarah Harris for the September 2013 issue of UK Vogue, Photographed by SÝlve Sundsbo.

*Vogue.co.uk

fashion elite

Dog Days Are Over

Quote:
Tom Brady, football's quintessential quarterback, dons bespoke tuxedos and talks love, life, and the future with fashion's one-man show, mr. Tom Ford.

Tom Ford where are you, Tom?

Tom brady iím in l.a. Youíre in london?

Tf iím in london. I was in l.a. Two days ago, i was just there for two days. I was redoing something on my house there, so i came out to meet the architects. Before that i was in santa fe for a dayói have a house there as well and i was redoing something. Before that i was at the met ball, where i saw you.

Tb whereís your place in l.a.?

Tf in bel air. And where is your place?

Tb weíve been in brentwood for about six monthsówe actually moved out here four years ago and started construction on a house. We just moved in this past february.

Tf who was the architect?

Tb richard landry.

Tf and do you love it?

Tb yeah, oh man.

Tf are you interested in architecture, did you work on it a lot with him?

Tb my wife and i both. I think the last three places iíve been in, and the last two places sheís been in, weíve kind of done ourselves, starting from scratch. So iíve gotten better at it than i would have thought, just through the habit of moving and acquiring a little bit of taste. You figure out what you like and what you donít.

Tf did you grow up liking architecture or with a strong visual sense? Because you definitely have a visual sense now, in the way you dress and the way you project yourself to the worldómore so than most football players and most men in sports, and most men in general.

Tb my dadís a little bit of a snappy dresser, but iíd say itís been acquired over time. I wouldnít consider myself a very artistic person, but at the same time i do like to express myself in certain ways, whether itís through my homeó which people will seeóor how i dress and speak. Those things are all important, i try to pay attention to those things.

Tf i was looking at some photos of you from vman by inez and vinoodh [fall/winter 2007], and one of the things that fascinates me most about you is that in america you are one of the most macho things that a man can be: Youíre a football star. And yet when i look at those pictures, youíre also not afraid to look senstive or vulnerable, and to let that side be exposedóiím impressed by that. You must be incredibly comfortable with yourself.

Tb i think to a degree i am. I donít really have anything to hide. I grew up with three older sisters and i have a very sensitive mom and a very sensitive dad, it was an environment where people werenít afraid to express how they really felt or to express their emotions. Iím very blessed to be able to do that because with my two boysói kiss them a thousand times a day. My wife and i are very affectionate, itís just part of our nature. Iím not really concerned with portraying this tough warriorói mean, thatís part of my job and i take that very seriously. But i donít have anything to hide and iím not concerned with what people thinkóin the end itís a matter of how comfortable we are with ourselves, how we feel about ourselves when we wake up in the morning. Everyone can portray what they want to portray, but the authentic self and who you are as a person, a human being, that, to me, is what is most important. Those are the things that last.

Tf itís amazing youíve come to that so early in your life. I think a lot of times it takes people years to understand that and to be comfortable with themselves. I wasnít nearly as comfortable with myself at your age as i am now. Itís taken me a long, long time to get to that point.

Tb maybe iíve had a lot of experiences which forced me to grow up really quickly.

Tf well, competition and pressure on you profession- ally forces you to grow up. Getting to the top is one thing. Staying on topóthat is so hard, as you know. And youíve managed to do it. Your comfort with your image and with your masculinity, which allows you to show a sensitive side, i havenít seen really since joe namath. I know that joe montana was an early influence on you, and i think that youíve been interested in football since you were four years old, correct?

Tb yeah. When i was growing up, i was never really interested in school. Homework was just how fast can i do it so i can get out to the yard and play. I didnít read a lot of books, i didnít study very hard. I got by and i did fine in school. Thank god [football] worked out or else iíd have been screwed.

Tf you know, weíve talked about this once before because i asked you to be in my film [a single man]. So, where are you going to be in five years? Are you going to be an actor, are you going to be a television personality? What are you going to be doing?

Tb hopefully iím still in my sport at that time.

Tf how long can you play, realistically? Until what age?

Tb well, everyone thinks that when you get into your mid or late 30s your career is pretty much over. I donít think that.

Tf how old are you, 35?

Tb iím 34. Iíll be 35 this year.

Tf and youíre a leo, born august 3, 1977.

Tb yeah, and you, what are you?

Tf iím a virgo, august 27, 1961. Iíll be 51 this year. Are you an introvert or are you an extrovert, do you like being around people or are you more comfortable alone?

Tb i prefer to be alone. Or with people that i can be myself around.

Tf so, for example, the met ballóand we wonít say anything about the met ballóbut that kind of big event, do you like those things?

Tb with all due respect to the people in the room, no [laughs].

Tf i know, i donít either. Those things are like the oscarsóany of them, it has nothing to do with the met ball, itís any big event like that. Oh my god, thereís nothing i would rather do less. Just the stress of that. And of course i know the stress of being with a woman like gisele who has to get up the red carpet and be beautiful and photographed and has to wear something that nobody rips apart in the press. It is so stressful, especially for women, so iím sure you must feel her stress. Or maybe she doesnít get stressed at those things, but i would think she would.

Tb it would be impossible not to.

Tf and i notice you and gisele always get up and dance at those events, which i appreciate. But it was pretty funny listening to bruno mars singing ďyouíre amazing just the way you areĒ [at the met ball] when it was in front of a thousand people who are rich, beautiful, wear- ing a million dollars worth of jewelry, and dressed in $30,000 dresses that are only good this season because next season itís all going to look out-of-date. That was quite funny because itís this industry, of course, that makes people feel like they have to change. I have such a split personality about it. On the one hand i want to go off and live in the desert with my dog and sculpt things out of adobe, but then on the other iím part of this industry that creates insecurity and focuses on materialism and things that arenít actually, for me, the most important things in life. So itís strange.

Tb thatís probably a nice balance for you too, though, because you can see both of those things.

Tf i finally came to terms with it, because whether we like it or not, we do live in a material world.

Tb by the way, how many times?

Tf say that again?

Tb how many times have you worked with her?

Tf oh god! I thought you meant how many times did i sleep with her? I was about to say ďnever.Ē you sounded so tough [laughs]. There are so many beautiful pictures of your wife, i donít think iíve ever seen a bad one.

Tb iím telling you, she makes it look easy. Because itís not easy, oh my god itís not easy.

Tf no, itís a horrible job. I feel really sorry for models. Iím serious. Itís a horrible job. They get rejected and treated like theyíre not even people. And this sounds negative, but when youíre considered one of the most beautiful women in the world, itís very, very hard when that starts to slip away. Itís hard to feel good about yourself when people react to you differently. And, gisele, i hope youíre not reading this, because it is going to sound negative, but i know through some of my best friends who are really famous actressesó iím not going to mention their namesówho were at one point considered to be among the most beautiful women in the world at different periods of time, and how hard it is for them emotionally. So i hope gisele is prepared for that, because itís so difficult. Itíll be the same for you when you quit playing football, itíll be a real change. Could you see yourself just retiring and not doing anything but playing golf and tennis and taking care of your kids?

Tb no, i have to do something. Hopefully youíll put me in one of your movies some day [laughs]. I donít know. Itís hard to think about where my interests will take me. But [an actor] is not something that iíve ever aspired to be. The only thing i ever wanted to be was a professional football player.

Tf but i donít see you as a coach.

Tb i know, and thatís the thing, because whatever i do choose to do i really want to be very good at it. Itís hard because i want to have four kids and i want to be a really good dad, too.

Tf i think that youíll be an actor and a movie star. Maybe you donít care about it, maybe you wouldnít enjoy it, but you have everything it takes to do it: You have intelligence, sensitivity, youíre handsome, the camera likes you, youíre secure. So you could be a really good actor.

Tb i appreciate that. Iím very flattered that you would think that, thank you very much. But i love playing football and i love the game. I love the competitiveness, i love the intensity, and also that itís a very strategic game. Even people who think they know itópeople who cover it every day, people who watch itóthey donít. Itís so stimulating, because there are so many different elements to it. Thatís why iíve always loved it, because it challenges me in so many ways, not just physically, but emotionally, spiritu- ally, and psychologically. The best players who can stick around the longest really develop ways to master all of those elements. Hopefully i can play a lot longer than what people may think.

Tf so youíre going to play into your 40s?

Tb i would love to.

Tf so 10 years from now youíre going to be playing football, happily married with four kids.

Tb that would be perfect. I would love that. But who knows.
vman.com

04-09-2013
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Tom Ford attends the GQ Men of the Year awards at The Royal Opera House on September 3, 2013 in London, England.
(September 2, 2013 - Source: Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images Europe)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ford, tom