How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2014
backstage pass

Paris Fashion Week A/W 2014.15

Nymag.com

05-03-2014
backstage pass

Vanessa Traina: Cool and Connected
An old-fashioned girl with a very modern sensibility.
March 5, 2014 8:00 AM | by Sandra Ballentine

Couture Clan
You could say that Vanessa Traina Snow was destined for a life in fashion. “My parents were of another time, in a way—quite traditional and very European,” the stylist says. “My sisters and I always wore matching dresses. This was quite formative, as we had to find our own little ways to be individuals.” Matching outfits aside, her family (including eight siblings) was indeed a close-knit one. Her mother, the novelist Danielle Steel, worked from home; and her father, the vintner John Traina (who died in 2011), retired when Traina Snow was a child—so they were “very present,” says the 29-year-old San Francisco native. An avid couture client, Steel would take her daughters to the Paris shows and to her fittings. “We were always playing dress-up. Not in princess clothes, but in our mother’s ’80s Versace and Chanel,” Traina Snow says. But when she married the artist Max Snow, in 2012, she did in fact dress like a princess—in a lace gown by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy Haute Couture.

Friends in Haute Places
Traina Snow is the ultimate fashion insider, consulting for fab friends like Balenciaga’s Alexander Wang (they went to the same high school) and Joseph Altuzarra, whom she met while interning at French Vogue. Her modern aesthetic also keeps her in demand as a stylist and recently catapulted her into a whole new arena: retail. She is the cofounder and creative director of the Line, a lifestyle e-commerce site with a curated selection of clothing, 
furniture, and beauty essentials. A SoHo loft called the Apartment serves as a showroom and a testing ground, and many pieces are direct descendants of things she has in her home, including an antique rosewood and Calacatta gold marble table designed by Max.

Designed for Living
A relic from the New York shop De Vera and a lapis lazuli box from the Line are the latest additions to the eclectic mix in the Snows’ TriBeCa apartment. “We’re slightly obsessed with 1stdibs.com,” Traina Snow admits. Some of their favorite finds: a Hans Wegner Flagline chair, an 18th-century safe, and a set of Cantu chairs by the midcentury Brazilian designer Sergio Rodrigues. Nestled between stacks of art books are treasures passed down from her father, including a tiny ruby-eyed pig and several antique cigarette cases. Like her home, her wardrobe is a mix of sleek designer pieces (Balenciaga, Céline, Protagonist), vintage classics (old Levi’s, hand-me-down Hermès bags), and killer accessories. “The main marker of my personal style is comfort,” she says. She isn’t much of a jewelry hound, but the pieces she does wear have special significance—like the engagement ring Max designed with their friend the jeweler James de Givenchy, or the signet ring her father gave her for her sweet 16. “I am drawn to things that have stories behind them, which is probably why I’m so attracted to antiques and odd, vintage trinkets.”

Quote:
Traina Snow, at the Apartment in SoHo, wears a Céline top and skirt and Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra mules.
Photography by Jeff Henrikson

Quote:
At Max Snow’s studio in Jersey City; Traina Snow wears a Proenza Schouler dress and Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra mules.

Quote:
This couch at the Apartment was inspired by her own Las Venus sofa.
Wmagazine.com

Last edited by Fotoholic24; 05-03-2014 at 05:13 PM.
05-03-2014
V.I.P.

Nice photos, very "storied" life, too. I love the top outfit.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
12-03-2014
fashion insider

Thanks for the article! She looks so chic in these photos.

12-03-2014
backstage pass

does anyone have a picture of Vanessa's engagement ring?

16-03-2014
V.I.P.

Art Production Fund Spring Gala

harpersbazaar.com

16-03-2014
V.I.P.

Love that and her shoes.

24-03-2014
V.I.P.

London Fashion Week FW 2014

styledumonde.com

11-04-2014
V.I.P.

2014 Tiffany & Co. Blue Book Celebration on Thursday evening (April 10) at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City.

zimbio.com

11-04-2014
Ère de ℳodernité

Goddamn, that's the best she's looked in ages. Such an interesting outfit. Gotta add that while I'm getting sick of Céline bags being everywhere, I'll never get tired of the Box bag. Flawless!

V.I.P.

Beautiful. Love the subtle shoe choice too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
13-04-2014
front row

Extremely beautiful, she fits Philo's aesthetic like no one else.

When in doubt, wear red.

This collection isn't easy to wear but she looks amazing ! the shoes are so great.

V.I.P.

The Line and Artsy Collaboration Launch

harpersbazaar.com

23-04-2014
V.I.P.

Samantha Traina, Max Snow and Vanessa Traina attend the Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artist Dinner during the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival at Balthazar on April 22, 2014 in New York City.

zimbio.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
traina, vanessa