How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-12-2003
V.I.P.

Another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VictoriaBeckham7.jpg (68.5 KB, 1083 views)

07-12-2003
V.I.P.

Her back then trademark pics (which means, little black dress, straight shoulder lenght hair, no smile, dark lipstick ) !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VictoriaBeckham96.jpg (27.5 KB, 634 views)

07-12-2003
backstage pass

I think she is one of the most fashionable women in the world. About your comment about her fame: I kind of agree with you, because the Spice Girls are Dead (lol), but over in the UK, she is huge- even without David Beckham. Most of the "Spice Girls" are still big over there.

07-12-2003
V.I.P.

i really dont like her. i agree that she dresses ok a few times but the "most fashionable woman"??? uhm, i dont htink so

when you got that amount of money and have a shopping disease (i believe she has) or have designers throwing clothes at you , then its not very hard to dress "OKAY".

just my opinion

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

07-12-2003
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Dec 7th, 2003 - 7:00 pm
i really dont like her. i agree that she dresses ok a few times but the "most fashionable woman"??? uhm, i dont htink so

when you got that amount of money and have a shopping disease (i believe she has) or have designers throwing clothes at you , then its not very hard to dress "OKAY".

just my opinion
I agree 100% with you, Leyla.

07-12-2003
front row

in her spice girls days she didn't wear everything gucci at all!!! she just said she wouldn't have a baby until gucci made childrenswear...

and to be honest, i don't consider somebody who's only achivement in fashion is knowing how to mix different shades of black stylish.

07-12-2003
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by ebowleg@Dec 7th, 2003 - 11:07 am
I think she is one of the most fashionable women in the world. About your comment about her fame: I kind of agree with you, because the Spice Girls are Dead (lol), but over in the UK, she is huge- even without David Beckham. Most of the "Spice Girls" are still big over there.
i agree with you, people tend to forget it's her that made him an icon! before their engagement, he was just another football player with a goofy face

07-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Purr+Dec 7th, 2003 - 6:39 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purr @ Dec 7th, 2003 - 6:39 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ebowleg@Dec 7th, 2003 - 11:07 am
i agree with you, people tend to forget it's her that made him an icon! before their engagement, he was just another football player with a goofy face [/b][/quote]
i'd say they helped eachother to walk to fame!!

both are quite bland to be honest.

its just, at the time there was no hype in the UK and to see POSH and BECKS getting married, the media just couldnt get enought to write about their private lives.
i think the media made them get out of norm. but, hey as long they are happy

07-12-2003
trendsetter

Victoria has become an Icon here in the UK and so has David. I totally agree without Victoria David would not have been made and vice versa, they now compliment each other and are the equivalent of Jennifer and Brad Pitt.

You must remember, people sometimes need someone to look up to, shallow as it is perhaps, and these celebrities fortunately or unfortunately are automatically given that role mainly by the media. The media do the ground work and the people that buy into these stories fuel it even more.

Thats my opinion.

07-12-2003
backstage pass

No matter how shallow she might be (it's not like anyone here knows her) or what color she wears, or what designer gives her clothes: BOTTOM LINE- she has style

07-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

No, I can't agree with that. Have you seen those Jackie-O shades?

David, on the other hand, is a class act.

07-12-2003
yes

she's gotten a little better recently.......but to be honest she doesnt have much style.......she basically goes to dolce&gabbana and picks up a whole rack of clothes for the week

her rediculous media pout and vile spray on tan completely ruin any chance of her ever being a fashion 'icon'

07-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

She always picks the worst of D&G though...and she can't shake that bimbo-ish look (maybe it's the fake tan or maybe it's the liberal use of make-up and a hair-stylist who's ON DRUGS)...

07-12-2003
no tom ford, no thanks.

i think victoria beckham represents a certain segment of society that believe that if you bathe yourself in labels, you will come out a glamorous beauty. she looks "cute" but i really don't see her as a style icon like kate moss who can transform a pair of ratty boots into a must-have item overnight or a gwyneth or carine roitfeld or even a halle ...who all have the polished elegant look and can turn anything they touch into an immediate trend. it seems vic. is more of a follower of trend than trendsetter.

07-12-2003
V.I.P.

thats exactly what i think: a FOLLOWER... and not a very good one (shoot me, im outta here)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, beckham, january, november, victoria