Victoria Beckham (November 2003 - January 2009) - Page 959 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PursePrincess View Post
Yup.....there's a huuuuuuge difference beetween a client and a muse....you can choose your muse but can't choose clients.....so....he doesnt like VB's style.....but if she comes to his boutique spending $$$$$$$$$,could he say "no,you cant buy my clothes"?????Ridiculous
I Dont like this Christopher Kane already......

I agree, so what if Victoria wore his design. He has issues.

01-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuritinha View Post
Yes, she wears nices clothes and nice accessories! but No, she's not a fashion icon cause to look like one it has to come to us has a natural thing and victoria is FARRRRRRRRRRRRR from looking natural as an "whole"! she tries WAYYY too hard!!!
Agree.

01-07-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglinggg View Post
I agree, so what if Victoria wore his design. He has issues.
he has Carine Roitfeld as a fan. He got quite an advantage.
If you, as designer, had to choose between roitfeld and beckham...

01-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yes, she wears nices clothes and nice accessories! but No, she's not a fashion icon cause to look like one it has to come to us has a natural thing and victoria is FARRRRRRRRRRRRR from looking natural as an "whole"! she tries WAYYY too hard!!!
Well thats your opinion,me and millions of other women think she is a STYLE ICON!!!

And the thing about Tom Ford is a LIE!!Victoria and David are his friends.And recently she said in Glamour interview,that she was tallking to Tom and he told her not to change her style once she moves to LA.

I know you and Lacroix dont like her,but there is plenty of us who think she is a fashion icon,and you may think she is trying to hard.To me its who she is and why i love her!

As about her untarual look,thats her prerogative isnt it,i dont see nothing wrong with it.

But like i said and Lacroix mentioned this;CK has the right to say no,and she has the right to go out and buy,its no big deal really.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 01-07-2007 at 04:34 PM.

01-07-2007
V.I.P.

Victoria is at Dianas concert,David said she is backstage so no picutres as of yet.But there are some of David and the boys at getty.

01-07-2007
backstage pass

Emil I really like you but the fact that you take other peoples opinions, personal, it's kinda spooky!!

for me a style icon is someone like carine roitfeld and I'm SURE that she hasn't millions of followers but that doesn't mean you are or not a fashion icon as well as having tons of followers doesn't mean you are one either!

btw: i like victoria but i just don't think she's a fashion icon and never did not even when i was a big fan!!

01-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Emil I really like you but the fact that you take other peoples opinions, personal, it's kinda spooky!!

for me a style icon is someone like carine roitfeld and I'm SURE that she hasn't millions of followers but that doesn't mean you are or not a fashion icon as well as having tons of followers doesn't mean you are one either!

btw: i like victoria but i just don't think she's a fashion icon and never did not even when i was a big fan!!
I dont take it personaly,at all!

I was just saying,there are women out there like me who LOVE her style and consider her a style icon.I ADORE everything about her style,everything!I would wear 90% of her clothes,like i said i was never a SG fan,but i became interested in her style and i think she is just on the level of her own.

Of course that dosent make her one,i agree.Its a matter of perosnal opnion really,you dont think she is one,i do.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 01-07-2007 at 05:25 PM.

01-07-2007
backstage pass

^^Thank you!

01-07-2007
V.I.P.

^^LOL,of course hahah,i am sure there is more of you who dont find her to be one,but some of us do.

01-07-2007
V.I.P.

I think sometimes she gets it right, but I don't feel she owns the looks and personal style, or develops her own style the way other people like selma blair, kate moss etc do.
I think she just has a lot of money and can buy really good quality things, but it takes personal style to really carry the look and make it look hot and expensive. Sometimes, to me, it looks like she lets the clothes wear her and I could not tell if it came from the cheap clothing stores or versace.
I do think she is very pretty and probably nicer than what people say.
I guess her look doesn't appeal to the bohemian touches I like.

02-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
he has Carine Roitfeld as a fan. He got quite an advantage.
If you, as designer, had to choose between roitfeld and beckham...
Oh my god. so just cause Carine Roitfeld is fan it means that somebody can choose who could wear his designs?

Well if that was the case then he shouldn't have had sold his clothes in stores or somewhere. He should have just catered to people like Carine Roitfeld.

And if I was a designer, I would be honored to see either of them wear my designs. Why would I openly sell something if it was created for one kind of person? And if Victoria Beckham was not his target market, and she liked his dress, then that would be his fault as a designer.

02-07-2007
trendsetter

Wow. I've never been all that impressed with Christopher Kane's designs, and I'm even less impressed now. It sounds like he just needs a stiff one.

I mean, he designs clothing for crying out loud ... it's not like he's part of an effort to achieve world peace or anything. Get over yourself, dude, you make dresses. You're not that big of a deal; in fact, you should be happy people spend tons on your pieces of fabric in the first place!

02-07-2007
backstage pass

Hi guys here are a few pics I found:
(source http://victoriadavidbeckham.blogspot.com/)

1 - the CK dress in discussion
2 - pic of Victoria at the Diana concert
3 - Victoria wearing 'flats' boarding her private plane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Posh+C+Kane.jpg (32.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg beckham4BIG0206_468x416.jpg (48.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Bali+Jet.jpg (37.5 KB, 16 views)

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Thank you prissy for those pics

I think she look nice at Diana's concert and her wearing flats is cute.. ..

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

are there any better pics of her at the concert? thanks

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, beckham, january, november, victoria