How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-07-2007
tfs star

she has a beautiful smile - when she actually shares it with the world!

02-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
Carine is a style icon, thats factual. .
Maybe in your opinion that is so, but it is not a fact in my opinion. But hey thats just me with my opinion in my little world!

Last edited by kimair; 06-07-2007 at 04:03 PM.

02-07-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
^ Well you're being a hypocrite, sayings things look odd on Carine and yet you are sick of people challening VB's style icon status. Universally, Carine is a style icon, thats factual. Carine makes the clothes, its never the other way around.
I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you, I just wanted to point something out. You keep saying this is factual, when somebody being a style icon is more of an opinion. There's no way to gauge somebody's universal style iconic measurement.

02-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop7th View Post
I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you, I just wanted to point something out. You keep saying this is factual, when somebody being a style icon is more of an opinion. There's no way to gauge somebody's universal style iconic measurement.
Well put! Thankyou!

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Her tan is so... orange.

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

^^Really? You think that is orange?Wow,i think her tan there is beautiful and not to much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litchickuk View Post
Maybe in your opinion that is so, but it is not a fact in my opinion. But hey thats just me with my opinion in my little world!
Yes!I dont know why people get so rattled up when we(the fans) say she is a style icon?Does it really matter?I dont think so,specially not in todays celebrity culture where every celeb gets called that.I think its personal really.Victoria is my personal style icon,i love her style,but many others dont.However she does have a bigger fan baze than people realize.At her book signing almost 5000 people turned up,mostly women from 20 to 45.I loved the clip from the signing i saw,where this girl said;"I am not here because of Posh Spice or Footballers wife,i am here because of Victoria Beckham my style icon"-that was so nice.

And Victoria never claimed to be one,when she was in NY at Saks,Extras journalist said to her;"You are a Style Icon and she cut him straight out and said;No,i dont think i am!I would not call myself one".And at the Met someone said the same thing and she replied;I am not a style icon,Kate Moss is a style icon because she always looks good,i just wear what suits me.

So i think Shop7th said it very well;its more of an opinon.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 02-07-2007 at 04:29 PM.

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Ok, I agree that it is an opinion so for that I apologize, however whether or not I like Kate Moss (I don't at all) I recognise that shes a style icon, same with people like Audrey Hepburn thats the point I was trying to make with Carine in comparison to Victoria.

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

I would just like to make is clear that I fully understand that people who are fans of her think of her a style icon to them, sometimes I think Victoria wears these amazing pieces that I fall in love, thats why I come on this thread. Equally, just as people were defending her in the past posts I was trying to defend Christopher Kane, so its a two way street.

02-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
At her book signing almost 5000 people turned up,mostly women from 20 to 45.
yeah I know I was there and it was pure mania! But great fun and worth all the waiting and crushing!

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
I would just like to make is clear that I fully understand that people who are fans of her think of her a style icon to them, sometimes I think Victoria wears these amazing pieces that I fall in love, thats why I come on this thread. Equally, just as people were defending her in the past posts I was trying to defend Christopher Kane, so its a two way street.
Lacroix now i know what you meant.Ok i am a HUGE fan of her style,but i can certainly agree with that.People like Carine,Kate,Sienna.etc are considered(pardon my expression) "mainstream" style icons,they are recognized by the industry,while not everyone likes Vbs style,thats what you meant right?
That is true,i definitely can aknowledge that.

You know and this might sound weird,but i like it that way.The thing is;Victoria is not all over the fashion magazines shoved in our faces,and i love that.Because if you look at the things she wears,no matter how much one dislikes her style,she always has at least great pieces and wears good labels,Lanvin,Hermes,Givenchy,Paul Smith,Burberry.etc!Every socialite on earth would get coverage for those outfits.And that makes her even better in my books.She said herslef that she wears her clothes because of who she is,not to get on best dressed lists.She just truly,geniuenly loves fashion,because if all of this was just for the show and getting on Vogues lists.etc she would have given up,years ago.Its who she is,rather than who she wants to be,like so many people who dont know anything about her,think.I wish more poeple read her interviews with an open mind,she has a wicked sense of humor and dosent take herself too seriously.

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

^ Yes exactly, people like Kate & Sienna are so loved by the fashion industry theyre the epitome of mainstream style icons, people just accept it because theyre always on Vogue etc. Actually, I've always wondered, has Victoria ever been on the cover of Vogue/Harpers/W? I knew she was with the Spice Girls (few years ago) and shes had a few editorials with Harpers.

02-07-2007
tfs star

She's never done a Vogue cover as far as i'm aware

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

nicole-style.com

02-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshigirl View Post
Isnt she cute in these pics??!!

Credit: polfoto

SHE IS!! beautiful!!

and i'm so excited about the Spice Girls reunion!!!! i was such a huge fan of them!!! i still keep this big scrapbook with cut-outs from magazines, newspapers, internet.... i knew the lyrics of every single song. me and my cousin used to give our parents and relatives small concerts. and as we were only 2, we had to cast the parts - i had always Mel C's, Geri's and Vic's parts

aaahhh, well, yeah, i'm kind of excited! not that i will go and scream and jump but i just want to see, how will they look, so together, now, after so many years

02-07-2007
tfs star

oops my bad! - is that Us vogue? i remember the photos now that i've seen it!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, beckham, january, november, victoria