How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2012
V.I.P.

Haven't seen her much this year, but here's one:

vogue.com

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

grazia.it

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
02-03-2012
V.I.P.

the satorialist

02-03-2012
V.I.P.

nymag.com

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

the sartorialist

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

harpers bazaar

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

vogue.com

09-04-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Gorgeous ceremony, and even more gorgeous bride, congrats to her!

Quote:
Real weddings: Yasmin Sewell

When you live on the other side of the world and are juggling your first pregnancy with a new home while running your own business, it does not leave long to plan a wedding. Thankfully, fashion consultant Yasmin Sewell, 36, and husband Kyle Robinson, who owns a wholesale design showroom in London, had always wanted an informal affair.“We wanted it to feel more like a party than a formal wedding — to have a ‘Hot Night in Cuba’ vibe,” says Sydney-born Sewell. In a marquee in the beautiful garden, 140 guests celebrated with the scent of delphinium, hydrangeas, tuberoses and gardenias, all arranged in an assortment of jars and buckets, infusing the night air.

Fashion consultant Yasmin Sewell with husband Kyle Robinson and son Knox Rocket.

Sewell's grey silk, tulle and lace dress was a bespoke design by Michael Herz at Bally

“The DJ picked the track for our first dance and we asked everyone to get up,” Sewell explains. “He chose New Order’s Bizzare Love Triangle. It’s one of my best memories of the night.”

Everything, from the feather-light paisley-printed tulle adorning the bodice to the sage-crocodile-skin-and-neutral-leather shoes, was handmade especially for the day.

The couple, who live in London, met three years ago at a party Sewell threw for Acne while she was creative director of department store Liberty of London

harpersbazaar.au

Last edited by Meg; 11-04-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: first image broken
09-04-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
cont.

The couple with baby Knox Rocket and the bride’s cousins, from left, Ben and Vanessa Saad.

Bally bow ties for the boys

Catering: “Damm Fine Food created the menu. Every canapé felt so personal, detailed and made with so much love. The wine was also local, from the Portsea Estate vineyard, " says Sewell.

Outside view of the venue: The Sisters Kitchen Garden Cafe, Sorrento, Victoria

The bride and groom

Flowers by Flowers Vasette
harpersbazaar.com.au

09-04-2012
V.I.P.

Wow she looked just gorgeous and sultry in that gown - and yes, it looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for posting HeatherAnne!

[p.s. Katie Shillingford also wore a dove grey wedding dress; is this a new bridal trend? I like!!]

28-04-2012
windowshopping

"Don't think style. Just feel it"
Check out Yasmin's latest project with mega depatment store chain Westfield in Australia! Glad to hear she's doing more work in Oz

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fash...426-1xnlw.html

There's a cool video interview posted in the link as well. She talks about her favorite style icons like Lauren Hutton and Katharine Hepburn as well as her exciting collaboration with Westfield. She's designed a bag which comes free with purchase, printed with her personal style motto: "Don't think style. Just feel it".

(photo credit: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fash...426-1xnlw.html)

28-04-2012
windowshopping

The making of the dress...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Gorgeous ceremony, and even more gorgeous bride, congrats to her!
Thanks for posting the wedding photos from Harpers Bazaar. What a beautiful ceremony! Doesn't Yasmin look positively radiant?

There's also a great post on her blog on vogue.uk about the making of the dress. It was designed by Michael Herz, creative director of Bally. Such an amazing process

The inspiration...

Paper mockup...

First fitting...

Final touches...

Voila!

The full post can be found at: http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/yasmin-sewell/2012/02/14/the-making-of"]Check it out: http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/yasmin-.../the-making-of[/URL]

(Images from: http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/yasmin-.../the-making-of)

30-04-2012
front row

Her wedding dress is spectacular! I LOVE the colour and the cut. Make a nice change from the ubiquitous strapless dresses!

04-05-2012
fashion elite

cocovonwu.tumblr.com

harpersbazaar.com

itwillbeallwhite.tumblr.com

jakandjil.com

grazia.it

harpersbazaar.com

Last edited by godsavethhequeen; 04-05-2012 at 03:46 AM.
04-05-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
"International Fashion Forecaster Yasmin Sewell collaborates with Westfield for Sydney Fashion Week. Each day of fashion week, Yasmin will provide a wrap of the key runway shows and commentary around the trends as seen at MBFWA 2012."

youtube.com/westfieldfashion

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sewell, yasmin