How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2009
windowshopping

picture!
from thesartorialist.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamin.jpg (82.8 KB, 252 views)

02-03-2009
front row

^That's a great pic of yasmin, thanks!
Shouldn't this thread be in "Behind the scenes" as she's a stylist/buyer/previous shop owner/current fashion director of Liberty?

12-03-2009
windowshopping

i quite agree. but how does one go about moving it??

12-03-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

Sorry, I was going to move it when I saw the earlier messages and then forgot. Not sure what her title should be. Didn't realize she had moved from freelance into a permanent position at Liberty. Is she the creative director there?

18-03-2009
windowshopping

Yeah. Vogue UK calls her 'cheif creative consultant' of Liberty, but style.com calls her a 'buyer'..

Last edited by alyseinnit; 18-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.
18-03-2009
Midnight blooms.........

I thought she worked for Saba now?

Meg
inspired contemplation

okay well I moved it and changed the title but let me know if it should be something else....

18-03-2009
Stitch:the Hand

oh i enjoy yasmin quite a lot! she used to have her own,very interesting space,in london called yasmin cho till 2003. she has a great eye for small talent. in fact at yasmin cho,she was one of the first shops other than colette,to carry jurgi persoons,susan cianciolo and carol christian poell.

18-03-2009
backstage pass

love her style, she always looks so cool and effortless. I'm really digging the boots in the sartorialist picture! And garance looks great too, i love her gloves.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasscam View Post
I thought she worked for Saba now?
That was before Liberty of London, I think.

15-07-2009
windowshopping

http://vanessajackman.blogspot.com/

Last edited by alej andra; 15-07-2009 at 05:52 AM.
15-07-2009
fashion insider

Oh, I love that! everything is great, hat, glasses, jacket, skirt, the whole lot!

24-07-2009
In other words

Quote:
February 11, 2009
Fashion Q&A: Yasmin Sewell

The creative consultant for Liberty of London's relaunch on why comfort and confidence are key to her personal style

Carolyn Asome

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?
My grey Christopher Kane cashmere biker cardigan. It always feels right - for work, out for dinner, or for travel.

What is your fallback outfit?
Slouchy jeans, a vibrant-coloured printed T-shirt and a double-breasted blazer.

What is your one piece of fashion or beauty advice?
Invest in a great haircut that reflects your personal style.

What has been your biggest fashion faux pas?
My cappuccino-coloured paisley printed tracksuit with matching hoody that I wear around the home. It looks like an old velour couch.

What aspect of fashion do you dislike?
Unethical, mass-produced stuff.

If you could steal anyone's wardrobe - past or present, fictional or real - whose would it be and why?
It would have to be Katharine Hepburn's wardrobe. I'd wear every single piece, none of it would go to waste.

Which part of your body would you like to change?
Longer legs and great posture would be very welcome

What makes your style idiosyncratic?
I suppose I'm really comfortable in what I wear, which translates as confidence. Others react more positively to me when I'm wearing clothes that I feel comfortable in rather than the killer, “just seen in Vogue” dress.

What are your five desert island staples?
An Eres bikini, Bio Oil, an Isabel Marant cover-up, tea tree toothpicks and a snorkel.

What is a day in the fashion life of Yasmin Sewell?
I wear clothes from Braus, a Brazilian label, to pilates. Then it's high-waisted trousers or jeans by Acne, T-shirts by Balenciaga or Josh Goot, blazers from APC, and ankle boots. I love to be boyish in the day and then wear a dress in the evening to switch my mood.
Source: timesonline.co.uk

24-07-2009
In other words

Quote:
July 22, 2009
Inside the fashion insiders' wardrobes
Carolyn Asome

Yasmin Sewell, creative consultant, yasminsewell.com

“I can’t think of anything more confusing or overwhelming than having a big walk-in wardrobe” says Sewell. A surprising sentiment from the woman who introduced some of the hippest labels into the department store Liberty, and who regularly tops the best-dressed lists. But, she says: “It would exhaust me having to sift through that many clothes. If you know what works for your body, you can actually turn 15 or 20 great items into a hundred outfits. If you have too many options, I find that you actually end up losing your direction and the sense of who you are”.

Instead, Sewell finds that a regular clear-out (giving away or selling clothes) is a cathartic process. “To make the most of my body type, I wear one of two looks: either a man-style blazer, T-shirt and jeans or else a really simple, clean-line, beautiful dress. Those are the outfits that make me look long and lean.” It is these items that hang together on the long clothes rail in her bedroom.

As well as identifying core looks to suit your shape, Sewell advises that it is equally important to wear what you feel most comfortable in. “I receive the most compliments when whatever I’ve put on looks as if I’ve just thrown it on, that I can move around easily in it and it doesn’t look forced,” she says.

She’s also very careful to consider the versatility of anything she buys. “While I can appreciate beautiful, avant-garde design from afar, I don’t feel the need to own it all. I think the secret to a wardrobe that works is buying clothes that you can wear in more than one environment. I will always spend money on something beautiful, but it has to really work for day, night and weekends.”

What do you never chuck out?
Beautiful blazers, four black, timeless Azzedine Alaïa dresses and some black patent Balenciaga pumps.

Which items do you buy every season?
Man-style, baggy jeans, blazers in different cuts and colours or which have a different shoulder, and wedges.

Who do you dress for?
Myself. I don’t dress for men. There are times when I think I should perhaps dress more “fashion”, like when I go to the shows, but I never get around to doing this.
Source: timesonline.co.uk

08-08-2009
I am half-sick of shadows

I saw these pictures on Liberty's site and thought of this thread...

Images liberty.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sewell, yasmin