Community Guidelines & Posting Rules.. Updated 2007, See Last Post
The Fashion Spot FORUMS POSTING RULES AND GUIDELINES have been ammended ... See next post.
Last edited by BetteT; 01-05-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: To remove old rules and guidlines.
Ammended Community Rules, April 2008:
The Fashion Spot FORUMS POSTING RULES AND GUIDELINES
Registering and participating at the Fashion Spot constitutes agreement to abide by the Fashion Spot Terms and Conditions.
All information submitted to The Fashion Spot Forums (stories, articles, etc...) must be linked back to a credible source (newspaper, online magazine, fashion magazine, books, photo agency, model agencies, etc...). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are provided for our member to discuss credible information. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information which they may contribute to the discussions.
The Fashion Spot Forums cannot and will not be held responsible for the content in these forums. The Fashion Spot Forums cannot and will not be held responsible for any slanderous remarks made by any member. The staff (admin, mod team leaders and moderators) cannot and will not be held responsible for any posts, the content in the posts and any unreliable information submitted to these forums by members of The Fashion Spot Forums.
We assume no responsibility to monitor the Websites but may do so at our discretion. Member posted content may be removed from the Websites at any time without prior notice.
The Fashion Spot Forums also reserves the right to amend any rules at any time and with regard to any subject.
The Responsibilities of a Fashion Spot Forums (tFS) Member:
1. Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and maturely, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling or harassment of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension.
2. If you have a problem with a post or a member here, please do not deal with it on the board. Please send them an e-mail or a Private Message (PM) to discuss the matter. Or, if you do not feel comfortable with this, contact an Administrator or Moderator to help resolve or mediate the matter.
3. Please remember to provide the source for an image or news story you share with us here. Journalists and photographers deserve credit for their work, just as those who take the time to scan. We want to continue to enjoy news stories and images and do not want people/company/websites upset with us and therefore prohibiting us from doing so. For further information regarding how to properly credit images and news stories, please see here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f43...ory-92242.html
4. Reference to other boards is required when crediting the members of another board for a news story, an image or an announcement, etc. However, discussions about and links to other boards are not permitted and will be automatically removed without discussion by Administrators or Moderators.
5. This is a Fashion discussion forum; please remember to stay on topic in the threads dedicated to fashion and style.
The following are not permitted in any shape or form at tFS, and are grounds for a formal warning, suspension or a permanent ban:
1. Profanity and/or coarse language and offensive images are prohibited. If you see a comment made by a member in another language that includes swearing, or swearing is part of their signature or member name, please report it to an Administrator or Moderator.
2. The main language here is English, whole posts or conversations in languages besides the main language (standard English), that isn't teamed with a translation hinder moderation and, as such, is prohibited.
3. Absolutely no discussions about politics are allowed. As we all come from different parts of the world with varying liberal and conservative views, an attack or offensive comment against another nation, a head of state or international and national policies of other nations only leads to disputes -- all of which have nothing to do with fashion.
4. Absolutely no advertisements, chain letters, spam or related materials.
5. No selling of personal items, even fashion-related items. This is a discussion forum. Please note: The trial eBay suggestions thread will be exempted from this rule. For specific rules for this thread, see the first post. http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/2699145-post1.html.
6. Pornography is not permitted.
7. Weight talk is not permitted. Please note: The Model & Celeb Weight Thread and the trial thread 'The Rise and Fall of the Size Zero' will be exempted from this rule. Specific rules for the threads are in the first post of each thread.
8. Drug talk is not permitted.
9. Continual negative comments about models or celebrities will be regarded as trying to start a flame war and as such is grounds for a warning.
10. Multiple accounts are not allowed. If you have forgotten your password or login information, please contact a Mod Team Leader or Moderator to have it e-mailed to you. Do not create a new account.
The process we follow if members fail to follow the Community Rules:
Members should note that tFS runs on an automated reminder and warning system. Each member has the opportunity of having 3 formal warnings, before being permanently banned. See note below. *
A “Reminder” has no points and is given to allow you to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules, without penalizing you.
However, continued violation of the rules or serious violations will be addressed by a “Formal Warning”. For each formal warning issued, 1 point is assigned automatically by the system. When members’ points reach 3, their membership privileges can be suspended for a period of up to 3 months (a temporary ban). Upon their return to tFS, any further violations, at any time in the future, may result in a permanent ban.
Members’ first 2 Formal Warnings are active for 6 months. So with good behavior, they will start to fall off.
However, if a banned/suspended member chooses to come back after their first ban/suspension, their next violation (any type; indefinitely) may result in a ban that is permanent.
formal warnings, suspension and banning will take place if members fail to follow tFS Community Rules. The FASHION SPOT Forums reserves the right to suspend/ban any member for breaking any of the community policies and in some extreme instances, without warnings.
Before posting, please consider the following:
1. Before starting a new thread, take a look ensure that there is not already a pre-existing thread discussing the same matter. Mod Team Leaders and Moderators of tFS have the right to delete or merge duplicate threads. If starting a new thread, please post a title that accurately reflects the contents and information within the thread so that members are not misled.
2. Do not post in caps. In message board language it is considered yelling, and as such, rude and offensive. If a thread title or post is typed in caps, it may be edited or deleted at a moderator's discretion.
3. Please think about how you use font sizes and colors. It can easily be overdone, distracting and hard to read. Posts made in this manner may be edited or deleted at a moderator's/Mod Team Leaders discretion.
4. Please do not post the same picture repeatedly in a thread. While we appreciate the sharing of images, it is not necessary to see the same image 6 times. Do not post pictures that mess up the page format. Pictures wider that 800 pixels should be attached rather than posted in full size - Moderators have the right to delete pictures wider than 800 pixels.
5. If you are quoting another member's post and the post has a picture in it, please edit out the image before submitting your reply. Re-quoting an image takes up space on our server and also draining the bandwidth of a photo agency or web site from which the image has been taken.
About threads at tFS:
• News Threads - Find the latest news about particular fashion and related discussions
• Picture Threads - Post a favorite, old or new picture
• News and Picture Threads - A combined thread of news and pictures of particular models, actors/actresses, fashion shows or personal photo's.
• Specific events will often get their own separate threads, such as fashion shows, or occasions, such as new style gossip, new threads, daily events, discuss on movies, new store opening, etc.
• Polls - After a moderator-determined length of time polls will be closed. But while voting may cease, discussions may continue within these threads.
If you need help:
Please do not start a thread asking how to post a picture or change your avatar, etc. We have a Forum Support and Feedback section found at the bottom of the Index page where members can go for help and support. But before posting your question, please check the
Frequently Asked Questions
: found here: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/faq.php?
Or see Support Forum to see if your question has been asked and addressed before: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f44/
Signatures are limited to a maximum of 2 lines of standard font text. Large font text should not be used in signatures. There is to be no swearing or graphic language used in a signature. Advertising links are not allowed. Please do not use smiles in your signature. They are distracting and inappropriate.
Avatars should not be an offensive or graphic image of a sexual or crass nature -- which is up to the discretion of Administrators and Moderators here. Such images as avatars can result in the member being placed on probation or suspended.
We can easily delete accounts that have no posts (and sometime just a few posts). If the account has many posts completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we can disable your account. When we disable your account we do the following:
• Change the user name.
• Remove signature content
• Remove any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info
• Remove all subscriptions
• Remove avatar
• Remove e-mail address or alter as well as personal web site info
• Change account options to refuse PM's and E-mails from users and admins
• Change date of birth
• After doing all this - ban this user
Where you make use of the communication features to share information with other individuals, however, (e.g., sending a personal message to another tFS user) you generally cannot remove such communications. Also, if someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown having been quoted (which we cannot purge out).
If you would like to disable your account, please use the contact us at the bottom of the page and we would be happy to take care of this for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
** It's All in the Details! **
Last edited by tangerine; 12-03-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: updated link
|2007, community, guidelines, post, posting, rules, updated|