How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2007
Distract Me...

About Providing Credits /Source for Images, Photos and Articles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -lucyinthesky- View Post
I love Françoise! She was very pretty and a wonderful actress, and I love her sister Catherine too! They're so gorgeous!

More pics of Françoise:

This picture of Catherine and Francoise by an Air France plane was scanned by me from a magazine! And I posted it in this thread earlier on! This was definitely my scan as I ripped it out of my scrapbook and you can see the sellotape mark to the right of Catherine's head! What is the source of these pictures posted?! Doesn't anyone put the source anymore?!

22-10-2007
backstage pass

So sorry, 1karina1! I collected the photos from a lot of different places, so I recognise I was a bit lazy to put all the sources and now I can't remember them. Moreover, I didn't know that you have the copyright of that picture! Anyway, this will never happen again, I promise!

Last edited by -lucyinthesky-; 22-10-2007 at 08:11 PM.
23-10-2007
Distract Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lucyinthesky- View Post
So sorry, 1karina1! I collected the photos from a lot of different places, so I recognise I was a bit lazy to put all the sources and now I can't remember them. Moreover, I didn't know that you have the copyright of that picture! Anyway, this will never happen again, I promise!
I've just been surprised lately that the MODS don't seem to be keeping on top of threads - I've seen pages upon pages of pictures posted in so many threads with no source credits! I didn't mean to take it out on you, its just that many images/editorials that I've scanned up onto this site end up being re-posted months later without acknowledging that the image originally came from fashionspot! It's just all bizarre and very de-ja vu!

V.I.P.

Lucy and Karina ...I'll post once here so you and anyone else interested may see what our position is about this matter of providing credits:

Here are some very important things you need to know.
  • We ask that members provide a source showing where they got the image from. If you don't remember, you should not post the picture.
  • If you got it from somewhere else at tFS, you need to copy the source that the original poster had and, as a courtesy, also credit the origninal poster, since they did the work of scanning, etc.
  • tFS does not own any images posted here ... nor do we have any usage rights or copyrights on them. Therefore we cannot make any claims about what is taken to another site. Only the copyright holder may do that and that is almost always the photographer or the magazine.
  • If you see a post with un-credited images, you may use the "Report Post" funtion and a mod can step in and ask for credits and/or delete the image. The mods cannot be everywhere, all the time and have to deal with the more serious issues first ... so we ask our members to help us out by being our eyes.
See our Community Rules (at the bottom of every page) and this link ... about how to properly credit, per the rules here. If you follow these guidlines, you won't be bothered by any mods.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-06-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
articles, credits, images, or source, photos, providing