How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-01-2006
dream a little dream...

Avatar Library #1 .... Topics & Themes for Members' Use
Hey guys!
After several suggestions on the Avatar thread, I've decided to start this thread for both the avatar makers as well as the fashionspot members who don't know exactly what they want for their avatar.
This will (hopefully) slowly become an avatar library where members can search for topics or themes that they'd be interested in seeing or using for themselves.
-I feel like sometimes the Avatar requests thread can get swamped with people's beautiful creations, and this is the place to show them off.

The way this thread will work;
- Requests for specific avatars where a member posts the picture they want to have made for them do not belong here. These are the ones that should go to the initial Avatars thread.
-Avatar creators can come here to compete in little mini challenges or themes that are presented by the last winner of the last challenge.

For the mini competitions
-Starting today, there will be a theme or model or idea presented.
-For one week, avatar creators can make as many avatars for this theme as they like...just not excessively
-Each Monday the person that presented the last theme will choose the winner.
-The winner will pick the next theme...and although the winner cannot be a winner twice in a row, they can certainly compete and make avatars as part of the fun.

Hopefully this can be a fun place for everyone to show their style and avatars, as well as contribute to the tFS community by building a library together for newbies as well as long time members looking for a change.

The first theme is Black and White
You all have one week

Last edited by yogini108; 23-01-2006 at 04:01 PM.

23-01-2006
Ítre ton cygne noir

Thanks so much yogini! Black and white is one of my favourite themes of all, hehe I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

As far as choosing the winner goes, perhaps we can all be allowed making one big post (perhaps a max of ten avatars?) per theme, so it's easy to choose. Otherwise, if let's say one member makes like twenty avatars in two posts and another makes only five in one post, it's more difficult...

23-01-2006
V.I.P.

^ Yep, we're still defining the rules in order to make it as much fun as we can...:p
(Talking about "rules", i.e. I posted a few ideas ---> here )
Btw, I also agree with Cosette that there should be a limit in the number of avys each one of us can post, but 10 seem really a bit too few to me...

23-01-2006
front row

^ Let's say 15 in that case... I'll submit mine very soon!

23-01-2006
Ítre ton cygne noir

Well how about we can each only make one post per theme? And perhaps the maximum is twenty?

I'm not entirely sure about voting - it makes things quite complicated I think. For example with the black and white theme, yogini will pick the winner next Monday and then that winner will choose the next theme... I think it would run more smoothly that way... Then again, you really do have a point, because how can someone judge a post of, say, 20 avatars? I guess they'll be judged just as a whole - as in, who has the most favoured ones, perhaps. And should they be equal 80x80 and 160x80?

23-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosette
Well how about we can each only make one post per theme? And perhaps the maximum is twenty?
If we can make only one post, then the max. number could be 15 as iBella suggested (after all, that's the max. number of images one can include in one post, so it sorta makes sense that number imho )

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure about voting - it makes things quite complicated I think. For example with the black and white theme, yogini will pick the winner next Monday and then that winner will choose the next theme... I think it would run more smoothly that way... Then again, you really do have a point, because how can someone judge a post of, say, 20 avatars? I guess they'll be judged just as a whole - as in, who has the most favoured ones, perhaps. And should they be equal 80x80 and 160x80?
Well, I was thinking something like this:

- there could be a determined period when to vote, i.e. 24 hours;
- the vote could go by single avys, rather than by tSFer;
- each could vote 3 avys: his/her 1st choice would get 3 points, the 2nd 2, and the 3rd 1;
- in the end, the tSFer who posted the avy that collected more points, wins.

...but I admit it could be a bit complicated to count the votes... :p

What do you all think?

23-01-2006
front row

hmmm.... I would stick to the one person choosing the winners...

23-01-2006
dream a little dream...

I agree on picking a certain number of avys that one can post, I'll make 15 the official number, as that is the amount one can post in one submission.

About the voting, I think having points could be fun, but a bit confusing. I'm thinking maybe keeping it to the previous winner choosing their favorite could keep things running nicely.

Also,Cosette- Thank you for bringing up the size issue...I think that if a photo looks better in 80x80, then make it 80x80...if it looks better in 160x80, then keep it like that.
Just as long as there are 15, the size doesn't matter.

Its funny, Im kind of torn...I think it would definitely be fun to have the points and vote for the avatars...but i feel like it would become less of a library and more of a game..

Last edited by yogini108; 23-01-2006 at 05:39 PM.

23-01-2006
V.I.P.

^ Yep, I think you're right after all...

23-01-2006
V.I.P.

p.s.
Oooops...I forgot to ask: can we post also avys we posted before on the avys' thread?

23-01-2006
Ítre ton cygne noir

Whoops, for some reason I thought the max per post was twenty - my mistake. Fifteen it is.

I also think with voting it turns into too much of a game, and could be too confusing.

And Pashen'ka, I think it's totally fine to post avatars you've posted in the other thread.

Whew, okay, I think we've got this all sorted out? I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with!

23-01-2006
dream a little dream...

Yep, finally everything seems to be sorted out!
Very excited as well..and I'm going to post some of mine soon, too!

23-01-2006
dream a little dream...

Just to get the ball rolling, here my black and white batch of 15

23-01-2006
Ítre ton cygne noir

Lovely, yogini! That one of Daria is my favourite.

contest #1 theme: black & white

Mine...

Last edited by Cosette; 24-01-2006 at 05:54 PM.

23-01-2006
V.I.P.

^ WOOOOOW and again WOOOOOW!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, avatar, library, members, themes, topics