How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2008
the snail scanner

"Better" or "Higher" Scan Quality ... HQ Scans and Policy?
My question concerns posting of scans in higher quality than already posted.

I'm aware that this is fashion board and not a scanners' board. I guess people here are generally more interested how certain eds look like than having a complete set of HQ scans. On the other hand some people seem to collect eds and are interested in the best quality they can obtain. As we all know, not all postings offer high quality, some pictures were even shot with cell phones.

So is there a guideline on this? I didn't/don't post scans when pictures were already posted. But sometimes the quality of the first post is so bad that it hurts. And from time to time I also see requests for "better" or "HQ" scans of a certain picture or ed. I'm fully aware that a new posting with a header like "Better version than already posted..." would be a breach of netiquette but on the other hand if I have better versions it would be unfair not to share them.

Any suggestions? Is there already a posting on this?

25-04-2008
V.I.P.

I'm obviously not a mod but I've noticed the trend seems to be low quality 'sneak preview' kind of scans, typically followed by HQs. But it does get irritating when the same ed is scanned 3 times with varying quality.

25-04-2008
V.I.P.

As an idea, you can post hqs as links, so that those, who don't want to see them have an option not to.

25-04-2008

Thanks for your question achAT - the issue has come up before, and though we have not set guidelines on this matter (It is in progress), I did respond to another member on this page regarding the current situation (Starting from post #302):

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...-64912-16.html

If photographs or cellphone images are the only ones available, then scans are definitely okay to post. But otherwise, for now unsolicited rescans will be considered as reposts

If you see requests for a better quality scan, then it should be ok to rescan -- we understand the needs of collectors as well. But (For requesters) please at least take into consideration the tone of your requests I know some members choose to request privately, since they are still considerate of the original scanner's work.

Last edited by Faith Akiyama; 25-04-2008 at 05:44 PM.
28-04-2008
the snail scanner

Thanks for your answers!

Faith, this sounds reasonable to me. I think what was posted on the other thread and here says it all. Nonetheless guidelines on this matter, including reposts in general (what is considered as repost, what not), would be appreciated!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
higher, hq, policy, quality, scan, scans