How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2005
fashion icon

Can I Delete My User Account?
how do i delete my tfs account?

i seem to have created a second one by mistake :S

Mod note:

If your account has more than a couple posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we will opt to disable your account. Deleting or disabling your account will not delete your posts, they will remain under an anonymous name.

When we disable your account we do the following:

• Change the user name.
• Remove signature content
• Remove any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info
• Remove all subscriptions
• Remove avatar
• Remove e-mail address or alter as well as personal web site info
• Change account options to refuse PM's and E-mails from users and administrators
• Change date of birth
• After doing all this, we will ban this user

Any personal communications (private messages and profile comments) that you have left for other members cannot be removed and will remain with your original user name on it. Also, if someone quoted your post, your original user name will be shown in the quote (which we cannot purge out).

Be aware that if we delete or disable your membership account, you may not rejoin under another name. This will completely sever your ties with the Fashion Spot.

Last edited by tangerine; 12-12-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated details of deleting/disabling account

14-10-2005
princely

you cant.

15-10-2005
V.I.P.

really ? can't ?

15-10-2005
dream a little dream...

there must be some way..

princely

jut dont use it

16-10-2005
front row

only admins can delete existing accounts.

18-04-2007
fashion elite

Delete User Account?
I have a friend on TFS who forgot her password, and the tfs system seems to not want to send her the forgotten password, so she wants to completely delete her account of here. If I PM a mod the username, can they delete the account for her?

21-04-2007
V.I.P.

I asked once if I could get my account deleted and I was told they do not allow it here.

However, if it is ever allowed to delete accounts here, I hope we are going to be informed.

I would like to hear more from the mods about this subject. I think user deletation would be a good thing - it would also help with getting the level of members down. There are a lot of members who have become members in 2005 or early 2006, and have left one or two or no posts - some don't even seem to visit this place at all, after they once registered. I know many other boards delete members who are not posting - and that makes the job a lot more easier. I am sure there are a lot of people with memberships who don't use them at all - some people have forgotten they ever registered. Why keep their memberships?

fashion elite

i totally agree with you whitelinen ^

if you go through the member list there are hundreds and hundreds of users that have virtually never posted, so it would def. help clean things up

any input from the mods?

21-04-2007
flaunt the imperfection

the goal is NOT to get the number of users down...but up...
and it's true- we don't delete accounts....

if you like you may pm the owner of the site if you have some issue with this...i can't imagine why it would be an issue for anyone really...

if it's a technical issue...
please report it as such...

thx

21-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
the goal is NOT to get the number of users down...but up...
But what do you do with user accounts that are never used? Don't they cause problems, such as making the sites slower because there is more information (sorry, I'm not good at technical terms)? And then those usernames would be free for new users to take. I guess many wanted names are already taken, and it would help future users. I think deleting the accounts that are never used could help this whole community aswell as the future members. This community does not get members from people who register and then forget the whole thing. Wasn't the reason why this community was made invitation only to get only contributing members?

Softgrey, who is the owner of this site? I would be glad to ask her/him about this, but I do not know who the person in question is.

V.I.P.

^that would be (name removed, no longer the owner ... use the Contact us link, now), visit the Announcements section and click on his profile to PM him..

Last edited by BetteT; 07-11-2010 at 09:54 AM.
22-04-2007
V.I.P.

Ok, thank you

V.I.P.

My opinion has pretty much already been said, so just echoing the others here - I think it'd be a good idea to get rid of the accounts that have been here for years and still have 0 posts. What seriously would be the reason to keep them around? They aren't adding anything to the community, they only take up possible usernames for future members. If the goal is to get more members, then why the invite system? Obviously the invite system was created to make sure that only members who are valuable to the community joined; I don't see how dormant users are of any value. and perhaps if accounts were purged once a year (or every 2 years or whatever) it would give new members incentitive to actually post with their account, instead of just lurk.

Last edited by *Bianca*; 29-04-2007 at 06:54 AM.
29-04-2007
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca*
If the goal is to get more members, then why the invite system? Obviously the invite system was created to make sure that only members who are valuable to the community joined; I don't see how dormant users are of any value.

As I recall, the Invite System was implemented to slow the runaway growth rate of the member base when it was causing problems with the server load a year or so ago.

But I have to wonder if the reluctance to delete dormant members has anything to do with advertising sales rates based on member numbers. The more members on the roster, the higher the ad rate can be. Could be? Maybe?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
account, delete, user