How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2006
windowshopping

Censorship
I am apalled. Shocked. Utterly dissappointed.
I have been censored.
My post has been deleted.
What is the purpose of this forum? Is it not to exchange views and opinions? This is a catastrophe of the highest order.
And I thought we were living in a democratic world.
Now I know...freedom of speech is an illusion.

19-09-2006
trendsetter

I have been censored here many times. The last time was in Anna Kurnikova's forum. Everyone was calling her ugly because she lost weight, i defended her, as the result my post was editer, theirs wasn't

19-09-2006
trendsetter

This is not the correct place for this. If you have a problem with something like that it should be pm'd to a MOD.

19-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stracka
I am apalled. Shocked. Utterly dissappointed.
I have been censored.
My post has been deleted.
What is the purpose of this forum? Is it not to exchange views and opinions? This is a catastrophe of the highest order.
And I thought we were living in a democratic world.
Now I know...freedom of speech is an illusion.
What did you say, to be censored? A name of a thread was changed one time, but I was lucky that it stayed.But indeed, this is not exactly the place for this....

19-09-2006
scenester

i definatly think this whole censorship thing going on at TFS is lame..
and i kind of don't care if this is the wrong place to say that.

19-09-2006
V.I.P.

I think to a degree the cencorship is definitely an appealing side to this forum. It keeps things sophisticated and on subject. The odd time it doesn't make too much sense.

Meg
inspired contemplation

IF you have any problems, you are more than free to PM a mod. I'm sure lots of people know that I am very open to receiving PM's from people who do not understand why their post was deleted or are unhappy. However, being a member of a forum that has over 50,000 members means that we cannot let members run rampant. The post that was deleted of yours stracka was one where you criticized Rachel Bilson but then went on to say that anyone who found her attractive was brainwashed and stupid. Why is this against tfs guidelines? Because inciting hateful remarks against our members is not allowed. It offends members and takes the conversation away from Rachel's style. This does not make it censoreship. You are entitled to free speech in the Constitution but there are parameters on that. The comments following yours were also deleted. It is NOT easy to run a forum of this size and it takes a lot of time. Sure, we make mistakes sometimes as mods but overall, I don't see anywhere else on the net of this size and calibre being run better. So in the future, if you have a problem, please PM a mod.

Last edited by Meg; 20-09-2006 at 02:28 AM.
20-09-2006
windowshopping

I would appreciate if you do not paraphrase me, but quote me, if you must. You got the point of my infamous (and censored!) post completely wrong. I never said that people who find Rachel Bilson attractive are stupid. My point was that calling someone beautiful (when they clearly are not) just because this someone is famous, has a role in a B-league teenage soap opera for example, or is featured on the cover of TeenVogue, is ridiculous, to say the least.
There is a clear distinction between being attractive and being beautiful. Attractiveness is a subjective notion, whereas beauty is most certainly not, or shouldn't be. Beauty has to meet certain aesthetic standards, which are not dictated by the media or whoever.
Here's a question (I hope this won't get me banned): When you pick up a copy of a beauty magazine (or any magazine, for that matter), are you capable of seeing that not every model or celebrity is in fact beautiful? Are you listening to your inner aestetic voice, or are you just parroting what the culture wants you to think?

Last edited by stracka; 20-09-2006 at 03:26 AM.
20-09-2006
V.I.P.

Sorry stracka but give it up these are the rules.

This is a FASHION forum and this thread is about celeb style. Of course fans are going to say so and so is beautiful as they do think that. Deal with it or don't visit that thread and upset other members. Easy.

Remember - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to rag on celebs then this site isn't the place to do it. You could go to other blogs like Perezhilton or Gofugyourself who's purpose is to degrade celebs if that is more interesting to you than discussing some celebs style and looks.

Last edited by Label Basher; 20-09-2006 at 03:57 AM.
20-09-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher
Sorry stracka but give it up these are the rules.

This is a FASHION forum and this thread is about celeb style. Of course fans are going to say so and so is beautiful as they do think that. Deal with it or don't visit that thread and upset other members. Easy.

Remember - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to rag on celebs then this site isn't the place to do it. You could go to other blogs like Perezhilton or Gofugyourself who's purpose is to degrade celebs if that is more interesting to you than discussing some celebs style and looks.

1. There is a difference between bashing and constructive criticism.
2. There is the beauty that is in the eye of the beholder and there is...beauty.

20-09-2006
Nyx
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by stracka
1. There is a difference between bashing and constructive criticism.
2. There is the beauty that is in the eye of the beholder and there is...beauty.
3. And then, there are board rules. Let it go already.

20-09-2006
clever ain't wise

stracka, I think you may find this thread, "What is Beauty?", interesting:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ghlight=beauty

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-09-2006 at 05:37 AM.
20-09-2006
still here

I try really hard not to get involved in arguements, but this one merits a comment.

Sure, the internet is a public place, but these forums are privately owned by someone who has the right to set rules and decide how to run their forum. Said person is inviting you to participate, this is not some right you are granted for living in this world. Therefore, you have to abide by the rules, and if you don't want to, simply don't participate here, it's not a requirement.

One of the reasons I do like TFS is exactly for its organization and control. Most internet forums are chaotic and full of people just trying to get into petty fights.

20-09-2006
V.I.P.

Well said Mundo

What makes you think you have a better idea of who is beautiful then others? Everyone has different views on what makes someone beautiful. It would be pretty boring if everyone had the same views

20-09-2006
backstage pass

I thought this thread was about Celebs with Bad Name wearing t-shirts. With that being said, shouldn't this thread either be closed or deleted completely?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
censorship