How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Naomi View Post
If a thread says 'you do not have permission to access this page." does this mean the thread's closed, or hidden, or something? I have karma for a post in a thread, and when I click on the link to it it tells me i don't have permission to access it.
this may be because the thread that you posted in was spammed/deleted.

19-04-2011
Soviet Camaro

agee, I have looked at the VS thread in question and the moderator's note says the thread is temporarily closed, so I don't know why you are concerned about it being permanently closed. I have not been closely involved with the cleanup of the thread so I don't know how many members were involved, but I can tell you that if it is only one member derailing a thread, they would get warned about it well before we felt it was necessary to close the thread for any duration. Also, I can't think of any reason we would close the thread rather than suspend the member if that same member continued to singlehandedly derail the thread. What usually happens is that other people join in the off-topic or prohibited discussion and that is when we may consider closing the thread, but only if individual reminders have not put an end to the unwanted discussion.

This leads to Echoes point about leaving the edited posts in place. There are a couple of reasons why we don't. First, many of the posts only contain weight talk (or other prohibited discussion), so there would be nothing left but a moderator's note. Second, our agenda here is to have discussion among the members. Having mod notes scattered through the thread interrupts the flow of conversation and gives the thread a cluttered look and feel. If a moderator's note is left in a thread, that means that a number of reminders have already been issued and we feel that the thread is getting out of control. Persisting in off-topic or prohibited discussion after a moderator's note has been left is essentially asking for the thread to be closed.

V.I.P.

^ Thanks, yeah I lost sight of that notation. When I posted my original question here that was my thinking and I was caught off guard because it seemed like the thread is seen as a problem thread, I apologize for reading too much into BetteT's response. The reason why I made the one person comment is that a weight related comment was made not long after being strongly warned by the mods and quite frankly I don't blame the mod(s) who shut down the thread as opposed to or in addition to dealing with that one member, my only concern, which only materialized yesterday and has turned out to be unfounded, is that the thread is not in jeopardy of being permanently closed.

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

My appolgies if I misled you regarding this thread ... I was a bit harsh about it, which was uncalled for.

But one thing you did get from my comment which is true ... that it is actually considered one of several "problem threads".

The SC mods are discussing it once again with ideas about what to do about it. This always takes a fair amount of time .... not all the mods are on line everyday, so discussions about any issue on tFs takes a few days minimum and often a couple of weeks or more. If they can't agree on a course of action, they will ask for more opinions, debate the various suggestions then try to find a solution that most mods can agree upon. So, what I can tell you is that they are working on it right now and have been since it was closed. And we ask for your patience while they go through their paces.

10-08-2011
V.I.P.

Hi! Please open Grace Kelly's new thread, # 3 seems to be closed for a very long time now,

thanks!!!

10-08-2011
Soviet Camaro

We will not be re-opening Grace Kelly's thread because it always goes off topic and becomes filled with fan material not related to style. You may want to try The Royal Forums.

V.I.P.

Hello.

I'd like to know if the "Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart dating?" thread in Rumor has it is closed permanently or only till it cleans up cus I can't see any notice from the mods about its future?

Thank you.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
Hello.

I'd like to know if the "Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart dating?" thread in Rumor has it is closed permanently or only till it cleans up cus I can't see any notice from the mods about its future?

Thank you.
I'm interested as well!!!!!

22-11-2011
Soviet Camaro

The thread and its future are being discussed by the mod team.

V.I.P.

oh! okay, thanks for the info!

V.I.P.

i'm sorry for re-asking, but has a consensus on the RHI thread been reached? thank you in advance.

V.I.P.

It takes days for all the mods to check in so we are not done yet. But, I would say that it looks like it probably won't be back. Not one mod so far has said they want to deal with it any more ... because of all the intense moderating that it requires. We are waiting a bit longer in case any mod want's to bring it back so that they may state thier case for it.

So you know what the goal is here:

The Fashion Spot is not a fan site ... it's a fashion site. The Rumor Has It forum was created to allow some talk about celebrities in the news ... for our members who are mainly interested in fashion but still like to see what celebrities are up to. RHI has never been intended to be a forum for serious celebrity fans to gush over their favorite stars, talk about their romantic feelings or their negative feelings towards any celebrity.

The Community Rules state that any "news" posted be from reliable media sources.
Quote:
All information submitted to The Fashion Spot Forums (stories, articles, etc.) must be from a credible source (newspaper, online magazine, fashion magazine, books, photo agency, model agencies, etc.). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are provided for our member to discuss credible information. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information that they contribute to the discussions.
This applies in RHI as much as it does anywhere else, therefore, we do not encourage speculation or random fan talk about the celebrites in RHI. So, when some threads get too loaded with this sort of content which is not about actual breaking news and after we've made many requests to stop it, we will close the thread. We ask the fans to move on to another site where they are welcome to have these discussions.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
It takes days for all the mods to check in so we are not done yet. But, I would say that it looks like it probably won't be back. Not one mod so far has said they want to deal with it any more ... because of all the intense moderating that it requires. We are waiting a bit longer in case any mod want's to bring it back so that they may state thier case for it.

So you know what the goal is here:

The Fashion Spot is not a fan site ... it's a fashion site. The Rumor Has It forum was created to allow some talk about celebrities in the news ... for our members who are mainly interested in fashion but still like to see what celebrities are up to. RHI has never been intended to be a forum for serious celebrity fans to gush over their favorite stars, talk about their romantic feelings or their negative feelings towards any celebrity.

The Community Rules state that any "news" posted be from reliable media sources. This applies in RHI as much as it does anywhere else, therefore, we do not encourage speculation or random fan talk about the celebrites in RHI. So, when some threads get too loaded with this sort of content which is not about actual breaking news and after we've made many requests to stop it, we will close the thread. We ask the fans to move on to another site where they are welcome to have these discussions.
thank you for the feedback.

V.I.P.

^^is the thread that much different from e.g Lindsay Lohan´s? or Taylor Momsen´s? or Megan Fox´s? I´m specifically naming those because the hate/love comments are abundant and yet they´re still open.

could a solution be to rename the thread into something like Pattinson & Stewart Relationship News...? sorta like Scarlett Johansson Relationship Thread...

or to allow the creation of specific threads about Pattinson and/or Stewart to talk about everything that´s not related to fashion (like gossip and career news) in the same fashion of threads like:
-Keeping Up With Lindsay #4
-Kim Kardashian (please put all Kim news here)
-Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (Please put any and all MK&A related gossip in here) #2
-Cheryl Cole - X Factor Drama!
-Reese Witherspoon (Please put all Reese news here)
-The Victoria and David Beckham Thread
-She's just being Miley (please put Miley Cyrus' news here)

If I remember correctly the thread was closed when we were discussing the Ellen Show interview that happened a few days before, isn´t that a reliable source?
If the RHI forum was created to allow some talk about celebs, how is it possible that some threads are open even if they have multiple ones, like Lohan´s (#4) or the Olsen twins (#2)?

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
......Not one mod so far has said they want to deal with it any more ... because of all the intense moderating that it requires......

The Fashion Spot is not a fan site ... it's a fashion site. The Rumor Has It forum was created to allow some talk about celebrities in the news ... for our members who are mainly interested in fashion but still like to see what celebrities are up to.
What about HeatherAnne or saann? They post in both Kristen and Rob's threads and not just to tell us off but to actually comment. If they are fans it seems like a simple solution to me. I really didn't realise that their RHI thread needed intense moderating.

I fully agree with you that this is not a fan site but I fashion site. Koko has some good points so please take that into account. Half of those threads above are never on the front pages anymore so why keep them open (seriously why does Reese have a gossip thread. She never does anything naughty).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads