How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

^
yeah im sure that was the main reason.
because really there more Unnecessary threads than that one.

01-12-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^sure, there are plenty of threads that aren't strictly necessary

but a thread about anyone exclusively in swimsuits (whether it be celebs or models) is more problematic because it has proven impossible for people not to talk about weight in that type of thread, which is against tfs community rules for all of the aforementioned reasons in this thread.

we had a celeb swimsuit thread a while back and it was FULL of weight talk. the decisions to not allow these things aren't arbitrary.

08-12-2011
tfs star

Hi, I realized a while ago that the "Celebs who call the paps?" thread had been closed, but I don't think I ever got a message about it and was just wondering why it got closed down.

09-12-2011
fashion icon

Can any mods tell me their view on the Models.com Top Rankings thread? It seems like about 25% of the community loves it (myself included ), while about 75% can't stand it. I know it is a ridiculous thread, but I just wanted to know if anyone has ever thought of closing it down? I really hope not That thread is pure gold

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

Threads are almost always closed or removed for one or a combination of these reasons:

1. It's run it course ... no new information is forthcoming ... everything being posted is just a repeat of what has been said before in the thread.

2. It's become problematic. Too many members are taking it off topic or disucssing things that are not allowed per our rules and guidelines. Things such as weight talk, politics, hate posts, rudness, arguing. And in Star Style and Supporting Cast ... talking about personal lives rather than their work and style which is officailly "off topic". In most cases that moderators have had to clean the thread several times and have posted announcements or Moderator's Notes in the thread to get back on topic. Yet, many members persist in ignoring the announcements.

3. It's redundant. The same information can be found in one or more other threads in the same forum.

4. It's likely to become problematic ... based on our experience with previous threads about the same or very similar topics ... which we have already closed.

5. It's a duplicate thread ... we already have one on that topic. Members should always do an advanced search, before starting a new thread.

Last edited by BetteT; 09-12-2011 at 12:50 PM.

21-01-2012
fashion icon

OMG is the MDC top rankings thread closed for good? Please tell this is just a nightmare that I will wake up from.

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

Yes! I want the model ranking thread back! every day a lot of members post in there and i'll go there everyday. Especially now it's almost two years that lara has the top spot.. come on why?!

21-01-2012
fashion elite

OMG no, please don't close the thread!! It's my favourite thread
Why? Reading that maybe who did some mistakes (maybe me , i don't know if i had) next time won't happen)

21-01-2012
windowshopping

Oh my goodness! I didn't even know that the models.com rankings thread was closed until valliaddict messaged me. I check it everyday!

Please, please, please bring it back!

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

can we jsut have it re-open like a sub-category. just for members guilty pleasure?

tfs star

Why did the close it? everyone was discussing in a very polite way.

21-01-2012
fashion elite

why did they close the thread? at least they could provide us with a reason. there are a million threads in the forum. why they closed down a thread in the ETC sub forum.

if threads like "leonardo decarprio's dating..." or "lindsey lohan....blah blah" that have nothing to do with fashion get to stay in the forum, closing down the models' ranking thread is not justified.

21-01-2012
trendsetter

Of all the entertaining threads to read daily, why on earth was the MDC Rankings thread closed!!!

It appealed to both men and women!!!

Please MOD wan kenobis, you're are only hope!

21-01-2012
fashion icon

I don't see what the problem was with the thread. 99% of the debates were friendly & harmless. Sure, there are members out there who don't like it, but they can always post somewhere else. IDK why you guys would get rid of one of the most popular threads. We all have so much fun there.

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

Iīve never been in the thread but knowing how some members are about models I think the reasons can be #s1 & 4 in BetteTīs post in #170.

I imagine discussions being "so and so deserves to be #1" "why is so and so #1?" LOL

Last edited by kokobombon; 21-01-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads