How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2012
tfs star

I find no reason why the MDC thread had to be closed. Updates were always posted there in a timely manner and we always discussed politely. Of course there is always the stray troll but other than that I thought we were doing a pretty good job of keeping it relevant and to the point. It should be re-opened.

21-01-2012
fashion elite

i remember many members discussed about how kk deserved to be included in the icon list and guess what kk got included. so did mdc people read the thread?

if other members are allowed to discuss about celebrities, sexual orientations, rumor that has nothing to do with fashion, then why shouldnt we not be able to talk about models who are making an impact in the industry?

was it wrong that many members showed lots of enthusiasm in the thread? there are a lot of dead threads in the forum and those should be deleted not this one.

please show some justice!!!!

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

I agree. That thread was always alive, if there was a update at mdc ranking, people immediatly come and join. It's was a quite fun but sometimes frustrating thread, but that was the charm of it. There were real discussions about the models who should and shouldn't be included with arguments. it was not unfriendly, sometimes it may across but that's also because not all of uss speak as first language English and it's internet youknow.

There are many dead threads and this thread is closed??
And without given any reason? Yes sometimes we may out of topic, because of a impact a certain member had and she was kind a missed with her funny but annoying comments, but other then that i can't recall a thing..

I really hope it has something to do with big updates mdc is making, but i doubt it. I do hope the thread will be open soon, so we can enjoy the discussions and the updates at mdc ranking.

21-01-2012
fashion icon

OK, it has been at least 12 hours that the the MDC thread has been closed, and nobody has had the decency to at least explain to us why it was closed. If the mods aren't going to open it back up, the least you guys could do is tell us why it is closed. I know for a fact that a few of the mods have looked at this thread, and have not offered an explanation to our frustrations. I am not trying to be difficult or disrespectful, but I don't think it is fair to ignore our questions. An answer would be greatly appreciated.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Now it's deleted actually.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

A explanation would be nice.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

It´s the weekend. Maybe mods are unavailable atm to consult among each other and then offer an explanation. Be patient, I´m sure they will answer.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Now it's deleted actually.
oh wow deleted.
i guess we done something really bad.

fashion icon

^it's funny how all of us don't actually know what we did bad.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

The mods for Supporting Cast discussed it and decided to close it. I beleive that the main reason was #1 (as kokobombon suggested) ... nothing new was being brought in to the thread ... it had more than run it's course.. They said that it was the same thing over and over again ... each of you championing your favorite models but no new information about the lists was being posted by anyone.

So, no ... you weren't "bad". However, many were just too repetitive, too focused on your faves. My suggestion for those diehard fans of certain models ... state your opinion once, then move on to another thread. Don't rehash and compare your favs to every single model on the list.

Remember ... we are not a model fan forum ... tFS a forum for fashion lovers. It's always been that way ... so keep the adulation brief in threads like these and see if you can find new information to share, instead.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

^

but did that bother you guys? i mean we were never rude. i mean is not like there need it to be a mod in there every 2 hours. i dont think that thread keep any of the mods busy.

everytime there was a change on the list it was always posted on the Thread.

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 22-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.
22-01-2012
fashion icon

Nothing new was being brought to the thread?!?!?! You can't actually be serious. We all posted updates each time there was one. The thread had definitely not run it's course. It was always excited. As for the members who didn't like the thread- why do you guys even care? Its not like you have to go there & torture yourself with our thoughts & opinions, so it shouldn't even matter to you. There are plenty of threads that I don't like, but you don't see me complaining about it. I'm just trying to figure out who it was bothering, because the members in the MDC thread genuinely like each other, and we respect each other's opinions. I really wish the mods would bring the thread back. I don't see why such a harsh step was taken.

22-01-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
The mods for Supporting Cast discussed it and decided to close it. I beleive that the main reason was #1 (as kokobombon suggested) ... nothing new was being brought in to the thread ... it had more than run it's course.. They said that it was the same thing over and over again ... each of you championing your favorite models but no new information about the lists was being posted by anyone.

So, no ... you weren't "bad". However, many were just too repetitive, too focused on your faves. My suggestion for those diehard fans of certain models ... state your opinion once, then move on to another thread. Don't rehash and compare your favs to every single model on the list.

Remember ... we are not a model fan forum ... tFS a forum for fashion lovers. It's always been that way ... so keep the adulation brief in threads like these and see if you can find new information to share, instead.
what do u mean by nothing new was brought to the thread? the thread was about the ranking so if there was an update in the ranking it was immediately brought to the thread, and those were considered as news.

yes people were a bit biased toward their favorites but that happened in almost every thread from magazine covers to campaigns thread. it wasnt like members brought up no name models and rooted for her to be number one.

i see the thread as an in-depth analysis of "IT" models of the moment. it was educated and informative. if it wasnt relevant many members wouldnt put that much enthusiasm into it.

it is an big insult of many tfsers if a proper explanation is not offered. deleting that thread is a cold and ill considerate move.

22-01-2012
fashion elite

how could someone state that the thread has ran its course when the ranking is a continuous process? please explain

22-01-2012
fashion icon

AND it wasn't like we were saying "____ should be #1 because she is my fave!!! ". It was more like "Karlie just got ODLR, so I think this helps her chances" or "Freja doesn't have anything big this season. I think she is out of the race." There were barely any empty posts. Everyone gave detailed opinions that made the thread a legitimate fashion thread.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads