How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

I'm just reporting what was told to me ... I don't go into this thread at all.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
so who do we need to talk to about possibly re-opening this thread?

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Well, I would love for the mod who deleted the thread to explain why they would do something like that. I find it to be really mean & unnecessary.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

I'll ask the SC mods to take a look in here at your comments. However, if you have already stated your case here, please do not repeat it in this thread.

Thanks.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

In my experience with closed threads that I liked and by posts made by mods in previous pages, asking for reopening the thread is beating a dead horse.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Well, I would love for the mod who deleted the thread to explain why they would do something like that. I find it to be really mean & unnecessary.
I explained already .... and you have stated your case so the team can see it. Thank you for your input. Please do not comment further.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Nothing new was being brought to the thread?!?!?! You can't actually be serious. We all posted updates each time there was one. The thread had definitely not run it's course. It was always excited. As for the members who didn't like the thread- why do you guys even care? Its not like you have to go there & torture yourself with our thoughts & opinions, so it shouldn't even matter to you. There are plenty of threads that I don't like, but you don't see me complaining about it. I'm just trying to figure out who it was bothering, because the members in the MDC thread genuinely like each other, and we respect each other's opinions. I really wish the mods would bring the thread back. I don't see why such a harsh step was taken.
I don't think you should speak like that to Bette, she's always patient and is showing up here to offer an explanation in the most respectful manner. The tone in which some are 'demanding' to reverse a decision that has already been made just comes to explain why the decision was made in the first place.

As for going to the thread and torturing ourselves- yes, we actually do have to go to threads and "torture" ourselves, that is really what we do, and believe me, that thread, just like the VS thread, was often overlooked just by its complexity and impossibility to moderate, it wasn't rare to hear moderators commenting on how they had given up on it. The thread was a constant combat zone between members who worship a model and members who ~hate~ her and that translated into members being mean to the fans of a model they detest and vice versa. That was the dynamics in the thread, it doesn't matter if the topic itself was an interesting one, it certainly was, but constant moderation, constant attempts to put an order and explicit talks with some members (AlonsoJonathan should know) were in vain, you went back to the thread and it was the same level of redundancy, troll-like and unfortunate commentary, even racist remarks in its last page, which received reports from regular members and obviously alerted the moderation team.

Regardless of the main discussion, a thread becomes problematic in a community when its members build a temple-like dynamic and won't visit other areas (please see previous explanation on the Twilight thread), and when they do, it's only to continue spreading an argument or attitude they have 'developed' in that thread. An occasional appearance/input by someone new is very rare because there is very little room for outside perspectives in such a tiny atmosphere. The main problem, however, is not how someone feels uninvited but the fact that we have a spot in the community that invites members to be rude or foment an attitude that for this specific internet community, has proved to be damaging and we have been trying to keep under control in order to continue appealing to people that are interested in the primary purpose of this place (fashion) and don't want to feel intimidated by model fanaticism. That is not what we are about. And I'm sorry we gave that impression by leaving that thread, in that state, run for so long. It should've been removed from the moment moderators complained about the difficulty of keeping up to it.

Now keep in mind this is a private site, some actions, such as choosing to remove a thread on our own discretion, or choosing to ban a member on our own discretion, are merely just a right we sometimes choose to make use of depending on the potential outcome of it and the direction we want for the community. It is okay to feel disappointed or dissatisfied by a decision, it is also okay to ask about it but it's also important to understand that demanding an explanation or demanding actions or referring to moderators as if they were bad employees of some kind that are not doing what they were "paid" to do is unrealistic.

Although right now some of you can't imagine tFS without the models.com ranking thread, tFS existed for a long time without it and we did just fine. There are many threads on designers, photographers, illustrators, I invite you to visit them, and explore what this community still has to offer, which is a lot.

Last edited by MulletProof; 22-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.
22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
That was the dynamics in the thread, it doesn't matter if the topic itself was an interesting one, it certainly was, but constant moderation, constant attempts to put an order and explicit talks with some members (AlonsoJonathan should know) were in vain, you went back to the thread and it was the same level of redundancy, troll-like and unfortunate commentary, even racist remarks in its last page, which received reports from regular members and obviously alerted the moderation team.
said what now?

V.I.P.

didn't we have a 'nice' private chat some weeks ago?

V.I.P.

^

ohh is that what u talking about? yes we did lol

Confused & Bewildered

In short, they're not really interested in what the members want.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

^and yet weīre all still here, arenīt we? :p

23-01-2012
V.I.P.

Mmm, although i can't really understand the reason why it was deleted that's because i'm not a mod and not have to keep the thread clean.

I feel like i overlooked comments cause i didn't see any racist comments.
However I really would like a thread to talk about the ranking. It got weird choices, like putting Gertrud on 32 without a campaign. I can't complain in her thread, so is there any thread where we can cause i don't know if people did mention that the ranking or campaignqueenthing is now going in the add campaing thread. Which is annoying cause i have to filter it for anything new! I already posted without realising it was the add campaignthread about the ranking and campaignqueen.
And where do we have to comment when the new number 1 (if there is one) has been released? I feel sad that we can't can there be a temporary thread when that happens? I feel that it's no discussion that this thread will continue as a open thread.

Last edited by Forrest; 23-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.
23-01-2012
Looking Up

Small question. If we post an image from a closed thread can we credit that thread? Or do we have to credit the original source?

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

^you always have to credit to the original source. As per rules, crediting threads is not allowed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads