How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Mmm, although i can't really understand the reason why it was deleted that's because i'm not a mod and not have to keep the thread clean.

I feel like i overlooked comments cause i didn't see any racist comments.
When we remove comments for any problem ... you will not see them unless you saw them before we got to them. In fact, we also remove all the responses to any remark that was deleted so you won't usually even see any reference to the deleted post. So, yes ... it's difficult or almost impossible for a member or guest to figure out what is going on. However ... the mods can still see the deleted remarks ... in case we need to follow up on something and so that we have a permanent record.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.

31-01-2012
front row

Nawwww I don't really understand what happened?
I thought it was something with my laptop or watheva cuz I wasn't able to have acces on it and I really thought I was the only one
Its just sad... I enjoyed the thread every day and it was really a pleasure.

I want the thread to come back.

backstage pass

I really liked the models.com thread.. despite disagreeing with some of the members in it, I think it was a thread that actually offered thoughtful discussions. It's interesting that the in-depth sub forum was created some months ago yet in-depth conversations are not allowed because they are too controversial and hard to manage. By the sounds of it you would rather have empty posts on 'whats on your mind' than invite people to discuss in-depth topics like the models.com rankings.
Can I make a suggestion? Can we relocate the thread to the in-depth sub forum? There are different mods there who, judging by the topics that they've allowed to talk in there, might want to moderate such a thread? I don't know, I just think it's a real shame to let it go. Those of you who work in the industry (even if you dont, maybe) know that models.com is a big player and discussing the rankings actually provides a historical timeline too for us to look back on which models.com does not offer. I really do think it's a thread that should still be around.

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowsofculloden View Post
I really liked the models.com thread.. despite disagreeing with some of the members in it, I think it was a thread that actually offered thoughtful discussions. It's interesting that the in-depth sub forum was created some months ago yet in-depth conversations are not allowed because they are too controversial and hard to manage. By the sounds of it you would rather have empty posts on 'whats on your mind' than invite people to discuss in-depth topics like the models.com rankings.

Can I make a suggestion? Can we relocate the thread to the in-depth sub forum? There are different mods there who, judging by the topics that they've allowed to talk in there, might want to moderate such a thread? I don't know, I just think it's a real shame to let it go. Those of you who work in the industry (even if you dont, maybe) know that models.com is a big player and discussing the rankings actually provides a historical timeline too for us to look back on which models.com does not offer. I really do think it's a thread that should still be around.
I hear your thoughtful response. And your suggestions are valid ... but have already been considered by the Supporting Cast team.

I think that many members who liked that thread are missing the point here. The conversations in that thread were clearly not "in depth" nor were they helpful as an archive. They were mostly scattered and frantic comments by model fans trying to out fan the others. We are not a model fan forum ... so we discourage those types of threads. When a thread deteriorates into just fan talk, it's not longer serving it's intended purpose for the Fashion Spot.

So you know, the "In Depth" forum was created soley for those members who were complaining about this sort of fan talk in our forums and they wanted to get away from it. So you can see why it would not work there.

What I personally don't understand is what can be so important to talk about regarding a list? Everyone who is interested can see the rankings on models.com site. If you cannot change the rankings, all you can talk about is whether you agree or not and/or discuss who you would prefer. It's not important to keep as an archive here ... it doesn't bring in any new information. All it does is allow people to express their opinions. Which is valid, but it serves no other purpose except for each person to be able to read what they wrote. You can't wear a model ... like you can wear a dress or a hairstyle or shoes ... so it's not even something where you can influence or advise someone else.

Are there no other sites ... model fan sites ... where you can discuss all of this? Why does it have to be on tFS? Get your fashion fix here and get your model fix somewhere else .... it's Ok ... we don't consider it being unfaithful.

02-02-2012
fashion elite

i am really disappointed in your comment bette.

02-02-2012
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
i am really disappointed in your comment bette.
Why? She's right. As a member myself, I feel like we have waaay too many model-focused threads to begin with. Why do we need a Models.com thread? Why can't people just discuss the rankings in the individual models' threads? There's only so much you can talk about when it comes to rankings. Furthermore a thread like that would serve no archival purpose whatsoever. There's no real information in those kinds of threads, just short opinions on which model "should have" been at what rank. And just remember that tFS doesn't exactly have unlimited bandwidth and those kinds of threads spread like fire.

02-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Why? She's right. As a member myself, I feel like we have waaay too many model-focused threads to begin with. Why do we need a Models.com thread? Why can't people just discuss the rankings in the individual models' threads? There's only so much you can talk about when it comes to rankings. Furthermore a thread like that would serve no archival purpose whatsoever. There's no real information in those kinds of threads, just short opinions on which model "should have" been at what rank. And just remember that tFS doesn't exactly have unlimited bandwidth and those kinds of threads spread like fire.
i think at least 95% of content in this forum are opinion related posts. and mdc actual ranking is real information, is it not?

at this point, the status of the thread is behind my mind but to quote that closing the thread bc of bandwidth issue is something that i can't stand. there are a sub forum dedicated to rumor, entertainment,etc and threads belong to natasha or freja move 10 times faster than the ranking thread. they also have images which consume lots of bandwidth.

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Bette, at least can you make it possible to read the last models.com rakings thread... there's a specfic post I'd like to consult, but I can't even open the thread even thought it's closed...I just want to read one post, can you allow that, please?

03-02-2012
Confused & Bewildered

^^ One thing I've noticed here.... when they do something, it's irrevocable. They don't un-do it. They will however start slapping members that keep asking about it.

And I'm surprised they haven't censored your avatar.

03-02-2012
V.I.P.

Legolas,

It's not up to me ... I am not a Supporting Cast Moderator and as a result, I was not involved in that decision. So I can't undo what the other team did ... alll I can do is report what I have been told.

I am assigned here, to moderate this forum so that is why I answer your questions ... but that is all I can do for you.

Last edited by BetteT; 03-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.
03-02-2012
V.I.P.

Echoes ... you are correct, in most cases what is done is done. And if certain people keep beating it to death, their posts will be removed.

However ... I have to say that it's not like they did not have a chance to correct their actions. They were all notified in the thread (Mod Notss) and those members who were veering too far into fan talk, etc. were sent PMs and Reminders that inappropriate posts were being removed. Yes .... they were notified .... numerous times. It may seem sudden ... but, in actuallity, those notifications have been going on since the thread started.

The members who were creating the problems just chose to ignore the notifications. They had ample opportunity to correct their actions so that the thread could stay open. That is why it's over now.

04-02-2012
An die Freude.

^ Closing the threads that are attracting unreasonable members can't be the solution though. At least not on a regular basis. The mods should be a bit more trigger happy and ban these members that received multiple notifications about the same topic. Over and over again. That's a more adequate solution to the problem.

_

Last edited by candlebougie; 04-02-2012 at 06:05 AM.
04-02-2012
V.I.P.

We must go through a step by step process to ban a member (other than if a member visciously attacks another member) before we are allowed to ban them ... and that takes time. The process is laid out in the Community Rules at the bottom of the page, if anyone is interested in all the steps we have to go through first.

So all the problem members do get banned after they are given plenty of opportunities to learn the rules and correct their actions. As a result, each problem member is in a different stage of warnings, etc. We just can't ban all of them at once. It often takes 6 months to a year to go through those steps before we ban them, because they will sometimes get better for a while, then lapse back into the inappropriate behavior ... so we have to pick up where we left off.

Whether you understand this or not, it's in the best interest of the entire community that we are not allowed to just ban people without due process. We have lots of check and balances to insure that we are fair with all members.

So, in the meantime, as some members get banned, they are just replaced with new problem members and the thread just seems to take on a life of it's own as they take over the crusade as the super fans/stans.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

Thank you all for your input. Please remember that I can only answer questions ... I was not involved in the decision.

I"d also like to thank those of you who understand that tFS is more than just that one thread ... that we are here for fashion, first and foremost.

I will take no further questions regarding the Models.com thread. I believe that I've answered questions and expalined everything you need to know about why it happened, the process that led up to it, and the constrants that the Supporting Cast team has work within. I am not in a postiion to change anything that the team has voted on ... so further comments will be deleted.

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

well while we are on it. i feel all the gossip thread should go too.
there is just so much of this thread that are really unnecessary. now that does make a bad look for TFS in my opinion.
every famous Divorce,pregnancy,relationship,
i mean what does Fashion has to do about that?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads