How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ I'm with you

04-02-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
well while we are on it. i feel all the gossip thread should go too.
there is just so much of this thread that are really unnecessary. now that does make a bad look for TFS in my opinion.
every famous Divorce,pregnancy,relationship,
i mean what does Fashion has to do about that?
The main purpose for these threads is to keep the talk out of the main threads.

If you don't like the RHI threads, you can minimize the subforum altogether and never look at it.

It's not realistic to get rid of them completely, because people do have a strong urge to discuss news when it comes up.

We have been more diligent about making sure the threads are relevant to the board, i.e, people/issues that are discussed regularly around here.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

Sure the tfs is more then only the mdc thread. i mean, i always take a look at the most of the dutch models threads, the cover rumour thread, the add campaign thread, the wo whill sweep up, showlist thread etc. I love them all, the modelfriends, the model who look a likes etc.
But in all honesty i can say i do miss the ranking thread. The choices they make are sometimes so odd and the joy to discuss it I really miss.

It's almost febr. 19, the date Lara was made number 1 model
Thanks for answering the questions Bette, i do appreciate that.

05-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

Exactly what Heather said!

If you guys take into consideration this when commenting on alterations on tFS
Quote:
Threads: 102,451, Posts: 8,143,722, Members: 67,925
and we are only a small team of around 43 Moderators which are divided into every aspect of the forums, just my two cents anyway.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
The main purpose for these threads is to keep the talk out of the main threads.

If you don't like the RHI threads, you can minimize the subforum altogether and never look at it.

It's not realistic to get rid of them completely, because people do have a strong urge to discuss news when it comes up.

We have been more diligent about making sure the threads are relevant to the board, i.e, people/issues that are discussed regularly around here.

funny. i feel that this can also be a reason why the MDC thread should not be closed,but i guess we can talk about that any more

Looking Up

^ No. Everything in the Models.com thread was discussable in the individual models' threads. And it was, even when the Models.com thread was still open! That's why it became redundant.

06-02-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
funny. i feel that this can also be a reason why the MDC thread should not be closed,but i guess we can talk about that any more
Feel free to talk about it on some other board.

V.I.P.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it since it's not a thread but rather the whole forum.
I've been looking up older posts from tfs and came upon one of the "Model Combat" games in the "Games at the Spot" forum. Later I looked at other game threads and realized, that I could not reply to any of them even though the threads weren't closed.
I might have missed and announcment or something but did the "Games at the Spot" forum get set offline? And if, why is that so? It's something that has made me curious.

V.I.P.

We actually phased it out several years ago ... by removing it from the list of forums, but left it there for the active game people who were playing at that time. It's pretty much been inactive for about a year now, so yeah ... now it's gone.

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

Can someone tell me what happened to the ''Archival fashion editorials'' thread? I was posting an ed in two parts and just when I was trying to post the second, a message saying that I didn't have access to the page appeared on the screen. And now it's nowhere to be seen in the magazines forum either.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
Can someone tell me what happened to the ''Archival fashion editorials'' thread? I was posting an ed in two parts and just when I was trying to post the second, a message saying that I didn't have access to the page appeared on the screen. And now it's nowhere to be seen in the magazines forum either.
those particular vague "archive" threads make it very difficult to find what was one is looking for/search.

and people were posting recent editorials as of January 2012 in there - so having it makes little sense.

This information can be easily found both by searching for the title of magazines, and by looking in the appropriate photographers thread.

we need to make TFS useful as an archive. thanks for understanding.

V.I.P.

^It's indeed true that these threads don't really serve a purpose when it comes to searching for a particular ed that can be found elsewhere in the site, so the mods' decision to close it is understandable. Thanks for explaining lucy92 .

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
We actually phased it out several years ago ... by removing it from the list of forums, but left it there for the active game people who were playing at that time. It's pretty much been inactive for about a year now, so yeah ... now it's gone.
Ah I see, thanks for your answer. So there is no chance really to bring it back?

Last edited by wangster; 26-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
26-03-2012
Soviet Camaro

We will not bring it back. As Bette said, it had been pretty much inactive for a year or more.

V.I.P.

Thank you. Too bad, but I can understand it.
However, could I bring one of the old threads, "The person above me" back by just posting it in the "Heart and Soul" forum? I mean, since we have a "The person below" thread it would only make sense...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads