How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

Hmm.. I'm subscribed to threads too, and I know they're closed cause they appear on top of my subscriptions (since the mod posted a notification), but locked, that's how you know they've been closed, cause you're subscribed to them! . Just go to the last page, where the mod who closed the thread should provide a link to the new one, open the new one, subscribe, delete the locked subscription and.. c'est tout. It's a bit of a hassle but we all do that, it isn't easier for anyone..

listing the closed/new threads.. would be fine I guess, but kind of a silly move considering you will still have to do what I just wrote above.

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

No one really answered me! maybe I didn't explained well...?

Of course you can still go in User CP: Subscribed Threads > List Subscriptions... but when you have lots of subscriptions as i do (more than 1500 only for models...) this makes the task more complicated! I have to check a lot of pages of my subscriptions to search the closed threads!
(That's why i posted my suggestion.)

But, if that's the only solution... ok.

V.I.P.

AS MMA said ... there should be a link to the new thread in the last post of the closed thread that you already subscribe to. So, as you review your old subscribed threads, just click on that link and move to the new one then subscribe to that one, too.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.
05-03-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks for the list MMA!

!

just wondering what happened to the link usually posted on the new thread for the old one? it was so useful especially since most were closed during fashion week.

14-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ I'm wondering the same ..................

14-03-2010
V.I.P.

Me too! Especially with the Natasha Poly thread.

V.I.P.

We are shifting how we are closing threads, so you will see some changes.

If you need to find the new or old thread ... don't forget, you can use the search function. If you are not already in the right fourm, juse the Advanced search to search the specific forum. And, as always, use any word in that thread title that is at least 4 letters long and specify thread titles only ... it should pop right up.

14-03-2010
V.I.P.

Ok, but wasn't stipulated that threads would get closed at the page number 350 ? I see threads getting closed at the 200th page and sometimes less than that.

14-03-2010
V.I.P.

It has nothing to do with pages ... since members may set the number of posts per page differently and your page 350 is very likely to be different than someone else's.

It has to do with number of posts. Due to excess server load which has slowed us down in the past, we have been advised that all threads over 1,000 posts need to be closed sooner or later and that the most active threads with a lot of images are the worst offenders. So we have started with posts over 5,000, and have now moved to those over 2,500 ... and will be moving downward. It's a long term, ongoing project for us.

Last edited by BetteT; 14-03-2010 at 08:45 PM.
03-04-2010
Confused & Bewildered

I Thought 5,000 Was The Magic Number?
Lately, I've been seeing threads closed/re-started at all kinds of post counts, anywhere from 1,000 or so up to 2,500 or so. And yet other threads with higher counts remain. There doesn't seen to be any pattern of time periods either. At first I thought it might be 6 months.

03-04-2010
V.I.P.

We used to close threads with 2 500 + posts but
ideally we should close them from 1 000+ posts, in order to improve site performance.

Just for everyone to keep this in mind (I don't adress it to you as you sound familiar with that)
Long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.

03-04-2010
V.I.P.

We are working our way downward ... first we started with 5,000, then did 2,500 and are now working on 1,000.

But ..... we are mainly working in the threads in SC and SS ... because those threads are the biggest drain ... due to all of the pictures and the number of members who access them. So it would seem random ... but it's not. The goal is, to eventually get caught up and then mods can just restart all threads when they reach 1,000 posts.

And then ... there's always the possiblity that we just missed some, since various mods are just doing a few whenever they have time. But any reduction in thread size will help ... so we just keep hacking away.

04-04-2010
Ère de ℳodernité

I know it's for tFS' own good, but that new policy is quite annoying IMO. Especially when the threads are under 100 pages...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closed, threads