How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2004
etre soi-meme

come on, its NOT an elephant, its a small thing up there
personally i dont even care about this, it means nothing
how do you check the votes anyway?
mine seem the sandard thing i had as an admin
doesnt go up, doesnt go down

i dont think this will stay guys,
just dont get so uptight with every little tiny thing,
its bad for your skin

lighten UP

16-12-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
I don't like this. at all. I feel kinda sorry for people like Versace_Goddess who will end up losing the popularity contest (as Purple put it) just because their tastes and mentality don't match with the average here.
I agree wholeheartedly. This is going to end up being about who is popular and who isn't. It is hard to ignore when its written underneath every persons location.

Will I lose karma power/points because I enjoy Mischa Barton's style? Will I gain points/power because I agree with a moderator? Giving points for starting a good topic also seems a little bit senseless to me mainly because, two people can start the exact same topic and one will get replies while the other doesn't simply based on who started it. And I seriously hope that no one here tries to disagree with this statement.

People reply based on who started a topic and what other people say within a topic. There are far too many sheep!

16-12-2004
Rebaptising my badness

^^It's just a small thing that has a topic of its own.

Last edited by Nemova; 16-12-2004 at 03:27 PM.
16-12-2004
backstage pass

Something else I noticed....

If you go to the grey scale that you use to "vote" I only see ADD to members reputation, I see nothing about taking it away.

16-12-2004
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena

can you people LIGHTEN UP for a minute?
if you dont like the rating, stay out of it, dont rate,
dont check your scores, simple...
its not obigatory to rate, or to ..look at it for this matter

its just a feature fgs, we've been JUST checking dohh

relax, its not so important, if it annoys you, pay no attention
why does everything has to be SO very dramatic?
i dont get it at all
The tides of passion flow both ways.

People care passionately about this community. That means that they love what is good, and deplore what they see as destructive to the goodness.

If we are to evaluate anything, we must be dispassionate and evaluate negative reactions as well as positive ones.

If there are to be (as yet unspecified) rewards for good karma, then it is natural that people will be concerned about bad karma and the inevitable caste system.

Everyone who has voiced negative opinions about the karma system seems to have lost some, if not all of their karma points. This does not suggest a fair and unbiased approach to the "trial" of the karma system.

Dismissing dissent is not a good sign.

I'm really gonna try and shut up now.

Rebaptising my badness

^^you add your disapproval.

Last edited by Nemova; 16-12-2004 at 03:27 PM.
16-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ
Will I lose karma power/points because I enjoy Mischa Barton's style? Will I gain points/power because I agree with a moderator? Giving points for starting a good topic also seems a little bit senseless to me mainly because, two people can start the exact same topic and one will get replies while the other doesn't simply based on who started it. And I seriously hope that no one here tries to disagree with this statement.
I do agree, entirely. god, this is not drama but still..it's not a game, it's a message board where people are bound to discuss and agree or disagree and not rate everyone according to their opinions.

16-12-2004
backstage pass

Okay.. can someone please explain to me how I add disapproval?
Not that I'm trying to but I'd like to know how this works!

For example, if I am reading one of MulletProof's post and I like it and I think they made a very valid point I can click the gray scale. When I put my cursor over the grey scale it only tells me "Add to Reputation". If I click that, nothing happens. No pop up to say Good or Bad. Approval or Disapproval.

So how exactly does this work?

16-12-2004
Ivy

I could understand havning karma points added because someone writes an exceptionally interesting post.

HOWEVER if we were to take away point eveytime someone made a useless post then everyone would have no points left.

Many posts are made just for fun, or for entertainment and they are pretty useless

16-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah
Thank you! But I`m sure that people will like it!
I'm not so sure.

16-12-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:

People reply based on who started a topic and what other people say within a topic. There are far too many sheep!

what?...not in any of the threads i visit...and i certainly don't...i read and reply to anything that interests me...and that's lots of things... i'll pretty much talk to anyone who isn't an a**hole or and idiot...

where are the sheep?... i wanna see...

anyway...i wouldn't worry about the mods taking away kharma..they can delete and edit and all kinds of other stuff...this was a way to give the members a way to show feedback about the community...
anyone who has lost kharma...has lost it from other members...i assure you...and it may not be due to their views on the kharma system...but some other post they have made...

ok...go ahead...take all my kharma away...see if i care?...it's not going to change a thing...we don't even know what the rewards are yet!...maybe you won't even want them...once again...all premature...worrying before anything has happened yet...

am i worried that people will abuse the kharma system?...based on what i have seen for the past couple of days...i am sure of it... i am rather shocked by the behaviour of some of our members...but i am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and trust that sanity and maturity will prevail...

if not...it will simply be eliminated...no?...

16-12-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Seems pretty dumb (no offence meant).

16-12-2004
desire, undefined

i agree with a lot of what you just said softie, i don't consider the majority of the people in to be sheep following " the popular ones " (sounds very 3rd grade, doesn't it? ) . i think we need to pull ourselves together and act a bit maturely now. really, the karma doesn't mean a thing, it's number fgs .. and i think from the discussion that has been in here that the karma system will be taken off tfs very shortly. i couldn't imagine anything else ...

16-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Okay.. can someone please explain to me how I add disapproval?
Not that I'm trying to but I'd like to know how this works!

For example, if I am reading one of MulletProof's post and I like it and I think they made a very valid point I can click the gray scale. When I put my cursor over the grey scale it only tells me "Add to Reputation". If I click that, nothing happens. No pop up to say Good or Bad. Approval or Disapproval.

So how exactly does this work?
Same here. Can someone please explain this?

16-12-2004
backstage pass

In your control panel you can see any reputation recieved. I take it green means good and grey means bad?

I apprently got two reputations thus far. One good and one bad for this thread. But it doesn't say from who or anything. And I still don't know how to give.

Softgrey,

Pay more attention to the general replies of a lot of threads and you'll see what I mean.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
community, karma