How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2008
backstage pass

Hmm is there any possible way, I can disable my karma function? I just don't want to worry about it anymore nor the points nor anything...

01-09-2008
V.I.P.

You cannot refuse karma ... but you don't have to give it out. But I wonder why
you would "worry" about it? The system only allows positive karma.

And then ... you don't even see it unless you look in your UserCP. If you want, you can close the arrow thingy .... so you won't even see it there either when you do go into your UserCP. There is no notification of it so you would never know unless you look. And if you go into your UserCP under edit options, you can turn your karma points number off ... so you can't see that either. It's still there ... people will still give you karma ... you just won't see it. But you won't know when someone appreciates something you have said ...

If, for some reason someone is making rude comments through Karma to you ... they are abusing the system and there are 2 things you can do. You may set that member on ignore and you won't see anything s/he posts ... including karma, profile remarks and PM's. And you may advise a moderator and we can take action, if it's warrented.

01-09-2008
V.I.P.

Is there a limit to the karma points one can get?
My karma points have been stuck for about two months now.

01-09-2008
Storm & Sommer

no, there isn't a limit..
It's been reported before that karma points have gotten stuck..
Tech is aware of the issue.. that said.. I don't think fixing it is very high on the agenda.. unfortunately..

pinterest : hanneonpin
01-09-2008
V.I.P.

^ Thanks.

01-09-2008
backstage pass

Nooo, nobody has been making rude comments.... Well I can't find this option...I know I have seen it before just the other day when I was checking my profile sets. But now it just disappeared. Any reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
You cannot refuse karma ... but you don't have to give it out. But I wonder why
you would "worry" about it? The system only allows positive karma.

And then ... you don't even see it unless you look in your UserCP. If you want, you can close the arrow thingy .... so you won't even see it there either when you do go into your UserCP. There is no notification of it so you would never know unless you look. And if you go into your UserCP under edit options, you can turn your karma points number off ... so you can't see that either. It's still there ... people will still give you karma ... you just won't see it. But you won't know when someone appreciates something you have said ...

If, for some reason someone is making rude comments through Karma to you ... they are abusing the system and there are 2 things you can do. You may set that member on ignore and you won't see anything s/he posts ... including karma, profile remarks and PM's. And you may advise a moderator and we can take action, if it's warrented.

01-09-2008
V.I.P.

Which option ... to close the Karma window with the arrow ... or to make your points invisible?

The Points thing is under Edit Options ... and it's the second item down on that page ... "Show My Karma Level".

01-09-2008
backstage pass

Oh thank you, I already fo8und it! =3

15-09-2008
V.I.P.

So, it is possible to set your karma points to be visible to others ? I didn't quite understand... I clicked the link above, but I couldn't find that function.

Also, is it possible for someone to take the karma they've once given away ? Thing is, some of the karma I had received disappeared so I think that might be the case...

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionkitten7 View Post
So, it is possible to set your karma points to be visible to others ? I didn't quite understand... I clicked the link above, but I couldn't find that function.

Also, is it possible for someone to take the karma they've once given away ? Thing is, some of the karma I had received disappeared so I think that might be the case...
No it is not possible for your karma to be visible to others & No you cannot take away karma once it is given. Some of your comments may have disappeared because your profile can only hold a certain amount of karma comments & as you keep getting more the karma at the bottom goes away... or it might also be glitch in the system.

15-09-2008
Soviet Camaro

Also, if karma was given for a post that is later deleted, the karma attached to the deleted post is also deleted.

tfs star

Don't you think karma is exciting? Is like every time I get a karma, I feel so happy

18-09-2008
V.I.P.

maybe we can trade it for say bigger aviator size? otherwise karma is pretty useless for me. just a ego trip!

28-09-2008
V.I.P.

Hmmm, I got 4 karmas recently and was going to give karma today but it says I need to spread it first - though I didnt use the 4 ones that I got and wanted to use those points now....It always worked before, is it a glitch ?

As I understand if you get ,say, 2 karmas, you can then give 2 karmas to someone too, right? I got 4 but cant give any of them

Could anyone enlighten me please ?

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
Hmmm, I got 4 karmas recently and was going to give karma today but it says I need to spread it first - though I didnt use the 4 ones that I got and wanted to use those points now....It always worked before, is it a glitch ?

As I understand if you get ,say, 2 karmas, you can then give 2 karmas to someone too, right? I got 4 but cant give any of them

Could anyone enlighten me please ?
No there isn't a glitch... you only get to give a certain amount of karma's each day & you are most likely trying to give people karma that you've already given it to recently which is why it is telling you that you have to spread repuation first... give karma to other people... before you can give karma to that same person again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
community, karma