How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
No there isn't a glitch... you only get to give a certain amount of karma's each day & you are most likely trying to give people karma that you've already given it to recently which is why it is telling you that you have to spread repuation first... give karma to other people... before you can give karma to that same person again.

Awww, I see now.... Thank you very much for the explanation, MissMagAddict

13-10-2008
The future is stupid

For anyone concerned about karma points. When your karma reaches 2147483647 point(s) total that is the limit. The system doesn't go any higher so it isn't a problem with tFS. Just keep giving karma & know that you are giving people lots of points when you do so

14-10-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
For anyone concerned about karma points. When your karma reaches 2147483647 point(s) total that is the limit. The system doesn't go any higher so it isn't a problem with tFS. Just keep giving karma & know that you are giving people lots of points when you do so
Thanks for the information, as I've been wondering for so long why mine were 'stuck'!

V.I.P.

Me too ... MMA figured it out by PMing some people who had that complaint. Then she told me and ... guess what? ... I'm maxed out too at that weird number. Funny ... I never even noticed it untill she said the number and I am thinking ... that sure sounds like my karma points ... and sure enough ... exactly tha same number!

Thanks MMA ... for taking the time to figure it out!

24-10-2008
Confused & Bewildered

I still wish you could opt out completely. I'm just not into the whole atta-boy, slap-on-the-back peer validation thing.

I am what I am, I say what I say.

Like it or don't.

27-10-2008
girl who fell to earth

^^you can always just minimize the karma box in your user cp so you don't have to look at it

i for one like giving and receiving karma..
i think it's nice to show appreciation for other people's thoughts and efforts

19-11-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Me too ... MMA figured it out by PMing some people who had that complaint. Then she told me and ... guess what? ... I'm maxed out too at that weird number. Funny ... I never even noticed it untill she said the number and I am thinking ... that sure sounds like my karma points ... and sure enough ... exactly tha same number!

Thanks MMA ... for taking the time to figure it out!
I read this, thought the number looked familiar ... yep

01-12-2008
V.I.P.

I have a problem, probably it has smth to do with my codecs, maybe someone could help me out? I can't give karma to anyone anymore for quite a while. I click on this "give karma" button , but nothing happens, neither karma line appears nor "spread reputation" message shows up

01-12-2008
V.I.P.

Since no one else is reporting this problem and the karma system seems to be working OK (it works OK for me) ... it must have something to do with your system.

Try this:
Clear your cookies
Clear your cache
Restart your computer

That often takes care of weird gliches in someones system. Maybe it will work for you.

03-12-2008
dudeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet rus View Post
I have a problem, probably it has smth to do with my codecs, maybe someone could help me out? I can't give karma to anyone anymore for quite a while. I click on this "give karma" button , but nothing happens, neither karma line appears nor "spread reputation" message shows up
something like that happened to me some time ago, what I used to do was right click on give karma and open it in a new tab, try to see if it works.

21-01-2009
backstage pass

I'm sorry for reviving this thread, but I'm new and I read about 30 pages of this thread and I'm still not quite getting the karma system. I just registered today, and only two people gave me karma, but I saw that I had 878915 points as my total! How is that even possible? Is it a problem with tfs or with my computer?

Power to the 99%

^ It simply means that the two people who gave you karma had lots to give

21-01-2009
V.I.P.

Yep ... those with a lot, give a lot ... automatically. The system figures it out .... it's not their choice.

22-01-2009
backstage pass

^thanks to both of you for clearing that up!

front row

I am still confused on this karma system-- I'm trying to figure it out on my own but I'm not having any luck.
Can karma be given or taken away or is it something that grows on it's own or are there any limitations to it?
I want to commend someone for a really good post but I don't know if that depletes my karma or how it works. :-/.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
community, karma