How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2009
V.I.P.

Difference between Art of Noise and Celebrity Singers/Musicians
The Katie White (Ting Tings) thread in Celeb Singers/Musicians has been merged with the Ting Tings thread in Art of Noise, so now pics of Katie and discussion about her style are kinda diluted now in amoungst posts about the Ting Tings and their music.

I and several members were wondering why this was, but the posts have now been deleted.

I never personally look in the Art of Noise forum because I'm only interested in Star Style and feel it has been a bit fruitless to post pics of Katie and comment on her style now if these posts are burried amoung chat about their music too.

I think Katie White's personal style is a totally different topic to the discussion of the Ting Tings as a band and it seems to blur the distinction between the Art of Noise forum and the Celeb Singers/Musicians forum if style chat is spread across the two.

I am confused because the threads were merged without any reason given, and now the posts have been deleted which, although off topic, did raise a valid point which hasn't yet been answered.

Meant with the greatest respect

14-07-2009
Soviet Camaro

rosalynn, singers and musicians are assigned to one or the other forum depending on whether they are currently known primarily as musicians or celebrities. Some move back and forth as circumstances change.

We do not maintain separate threads for style and music in either forum. Other artists whose threads have been merged include The Cardigans, The Killers, The Smiths and Mazzy Star.

The posts you mention were indeed deleted because they were off topic. If you have questions about why moderating actions were taken, the best course of action is to contact a moderator.

V.I.P.

Thanks for the reply. It still confuses me a bit because one was discussing an individual person's style and the other an entire band's music, but if that's how the forum's organised that's fine. I think by having the two topics (one was clearly titled Katie White) it encourages more style discussion which is what tFS is all about.

I did contact the mod squad but nobody replied and then the posts were deleted.

Thanks for replying

15-07-2009
V.I.P.

We know you contacted us ... but you also posted here so we decided to answer you here .... so other interested members would know, too.

15-07-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks BetteT I only posted here because I didn't get a reply to my PM or posts, but I guess we could go around in circles about that, and I appreciate you replying here.

I just hope you consider my point of view, though, in that it discourages discussion about Katie White's style as I (and I suspect others) rarely check Art of Noise for fashion-related discussion.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this though as nobody else has chimed in to agree, so maybe I'll just be quiet, haha.

Last edited by rosalynn; 15-07-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
art, celebrity, difference, noise, singers or musicians