How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

These are "thread rules, which are in addition to the usual "No weight talk rules". So you violated 2 sets of rules which were clearly spelled out for you. Size matters in any modeling. However, you may not talk about it beyond stats in any model's thread. The fact that Crystal is a plus model does not change the rules in any way.

You are correct ... your post was deleted because of the mention of her recent size change, which is stated right in the new thread rules. It's OK to mention that the an image "looks photoshopped" and we usually allow the reference to a plus model being curvy, and you may post her current stats. But you may not discuss it further than that. Any discussion about the fact that she's changing in size ... because that gets too close to talking about dieting, etc. ... is not allowed.

Why did we add these new and tighter thread rules to the Crystal Renn thread? Well, it recently became a hot bed of weight talk .... so we spent a lot of time cleaning it up and depsite our efforts, members kept on making weight related comments. So, because the members in there were having trouble controling themselves, they made it more difficult for everyone. As a result, we instituted new rules and have been closely monitoring this thread for violations. It was announced right in the thread, here, and also in the title which says to read the thread rules in post #1. That way, anyone paying attention would see it. If it continues to be a problem, the next step is to close the thread entirely.

Thank you for your input in this thread, where we are happy to explain things. We appreciate that you will respect the "no weight talk" rules.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-02-2011 at 03:06 AM.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
These are "thread rules, which are in addition to the usual "No weight talk rules". So you violated 2 sets of rules which were clearly spelled out for you. Size matters in any modeling. However, you may not talk about it beyond stats in any model's thread. The fact that Crystal is a plus model does not change the rules in any way.

You are correct ... your post was deleted because of the mention of her recent size change, which is stated right in the new thread rules. It's OK to mention that the an image "looks photoshopped" and we usually allow the reference to a plus model being curvy, and you may post her current stats. But you may not discuss it further than that. Any discussion about the fact that she's changing in size ... because that gets too close to talking about dieting, etc. ... is not allowed.

Why did we add these new and tighter thread rules to the Crystal Renn thread? Well, it recently became a hot bed of weight talk .... so we spent a lot of time cleaning it up and depsite our efforts, members kept on making weight related comments. So, because the members in there were having trouble controling themselves, they made it more difficult for everyone. As a result, we instituted new rules and have been closely monitoring this thread for violations. It was announced right in the thread, here, and also in the title which says to read the thread rules in post #1. That way, anyone paying attention would see it. If it continues to be a problem, the next step is to close the thread entirely.

Thank you for your input in this thread, where we are happy to explain things. We appreciate that you will respect the "no weight talk" rules.
Thank you for the answer.
But I said before especially with this model it really limits the purpose of having a forum for discussion. Especially now, today a pic was posted with her holding her book Hungry. Loved to talk about that (not weight) but her reasons and different beliefs from what she wrote to now. About her doing HF ads than still doing plus/curvy ads (that clearly now are photoshoped). So interesting.
Not to be rude but the part about closing the thread - that's not really an answer. Plus size gets pushed back again.

I have received private messages, saying
now you will understand way people do not post there anymore.

I will now follow suit as I will follow the rules that anyone paying attention would have noticed.
I guess all all noticed was the post where the a member said thank you for cleaning up the cancer of this thread - very offensive to people who have cancer (but the post was left).

Anyways,
thank you for the answer.

22-02-2011
V.I.P.

We are not going to discuss this any further.

In addition, for all of you .... this is not the place to carry on the Crystal discusssion /argiument. I am closing this thread and removing the inappropriate discussion.

Last edited by BetteT; 22-02-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discussion, policy, tfs, weight