How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
25-02-2007
  16
V.I.P.
 
kanita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: on the stairway to a void
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,922
Is it allowed in names and signatures, I remember seeing something like 'Hermes & Heroin' ?

  Reply With Quote
 
26-02-2007
  17
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson
I'm a little confused as to WHY we can't...even though I dont do drugs, I do feel it has a strong presense within fashion (and can explain many fashionista's problems) but if we can discuss drugs, I mind you we have many threads about sex, some of which include pornographic images...do keep in mind there are children here
that's not true, jjohnson, there arent "pornographic" threads, there's nudity featured in big amount of editorials but, depending on which morbid level we're talking about here, it cannot be compared with our drugs policy, it's ridiculous. and there are not children, unless they are lying about their age, no one under 13 is allowed to register in this forum.

Kanita: that's not allowed.. i think.

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
26-02-2007
  18
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict
umm, i believe it does need an explanation.. or do you just not have an answer?
the explanation has been done several times, justin. read here.
I don't mean this as a personal attack but you seem rather worked up on every topic that discusses what's not allowed in this forum, I feel like you'd perhaps enjoy your stay better if you'd also take part in another community specifically focused on medical treatments, politics, sex and drugs.. that way you'd probably come here more relaxed, acknowledging the fact that there is a forum for everything and ready to comment on sections like D&C or maybe even Behind the Lens.

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
26-02-2007
  19
Push it to pop it!
 
justinleaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: home of the brave
Gender: homme
Posts: 968
i see what you mean, and i don't take offense or anything...

that earlier comment just annoyed me. I believe it does need to be in depth because we have a right to know why the rules are even there (despite the underage thing, which i obviously thought about, and which isn't in the rule book softgrey mentioned)..

anyway, i highly encourage this topic to continue to be discussed, because i think the rule is pointless.

  Reply With Quote
26-02-2007
  20
V.I.P.
 
JJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
that's not true, jjohnson, there arent "pornographic" threads, there's nudity featured in big amount of editorials but, depending on which morbid level we're talking about here, it cannot be compared with our drugs policy, it's ridiculous. and there are not children, unless they are lying about their age, no one under 13 is allowed to register in this forum.

Kanita: that's not allowed.. i think.
nudity is nudity, granted, drugs are bad, and im not saying take away any of these threads, but it's something to consider...also people 13-17 are considered minors....


Last edited by JJohnson; 26-02-2007 at 04:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  21
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict
...which isn't in the rule book softgrey mentioned
The posting policy re: drugs is elaborated in the "Rumor" forum:

Due to the simple fact that we do have underage members, it has come to our attention that we cannot actively discuss "drug use" on tFS. There is no need for it. Therefore I ask that new threads are not started with regards to drug use, including celebrates/models/musicians that are photographed using drugs.

All threads and posts that are related to this subject matter will be removed and members will be contacted with a warning. Members that fail to co-operate with this request will be banned from tFS.

Thank you for your co-operation,
AndoraStar

  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  22
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
Quote:
Kanita: that's not allowed.. i think.
But why is there a member called Heroin Chic (no offence to the member with tha name)?

  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  23
V.I.P.
 
BetteT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,561
I'd like to point out that this is a privately owned forum and as such, the owner may dictate what may or may not be discussed here. We do take into consideration what the members want, but the owner and the Mods he appoints have final say. Much of it depends not only on the feedback that we get from members, but also with liability and responsibiliity issues factored in as well.

Once again ... here is the reason (in case you didn't take the effort to click on the link that MulletProof just posted) ... like it or not, it is what has been decided and this is why:

tFS policy regarding DRUG Threads.
Due to the simple fact that we do have underage members, it has come to our attention that we cannot actively discuss "drug use" on tFS. There is no need for it. Therefore I ask that new threads are not started with regards to drug use, including celebrates/models/musicians that are photographed using drugs.

All threads and posts that are related to this subject matter will be removed and members will be contacted with a warning. Members that fail to co-operate with this request will be banned from tFS.




BTW .... There is no such thing as the "right to know why" ... although we have explained it in depth already.

Each member must decide if he can abide by the rules. If he finds he cannot, then he needs to remove himself and find a forum that allows what he wants to discuss.

__________________
Bette
** It's All in the Details! **
http://www.musecube.com/BetteT/
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  24
V.I.P.
 
BetteT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
But why is there a member called Heroin Chic (no offence to the member with tha name)?
I asked that question recently and was told that this member had the name long before our drug talk policy was put into place ... so she's been "grandfathered in" ... I think that's the term that is used. Also ... it's also a real fashion term.

__________________
Bette
** It's All in the Details! **
http://www.musecube.com/BetteT/
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  25
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
^ And drugs are part of fashion world, and everyone knows it

So new members who try to submit usernames with illegal drugs in it will have to change their name?

  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  26
V.I.P.
 
model_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,262
You seem to know a lot about drugs and the fashion world maybe you could start a New forum on that very subject.......elsewhere.

__________________
"Let's stop treating models like greyhounds we plan to shoot after a race. We have to remember we are dealing with real people who have real feelings."
- James Scully
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  27
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
No no, I am not suggesting we should discuss drugs here! I was just wondering the username problem. I hate drugs, and I think the discussion could be maybe a little bit more controlled here. I find it disturbing how much fashion world and drugs are related -- at least in some ways. I am sorry if I offended you or something (I'm actually a little bit offended by your comment), that was not what I meant. I know myself that drugs are not a thing to play with, as my whole family from my mother's side were/are alcoholics/junkies. I know what they cause, unfortunately.


Last edited by Whitelinen; 27-02-2007 at 02:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  28
V.I.P.
 
model_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,262
I'm sorry i singled you out....but it drives me nuts when members know the rules and mods try out of the kindness of their hearts to explain the reasons behind the rules and we still have members say....but thats not the real world. Why can't we talk about drugs and sex,thin models and use offensive language and bash other members? When you joined this forum the rules are there right in front of you....but you always get the members that think...hey they're not going to stop me from using my god given right to free speech.

If you decide to jump off a bridge and bystanders say don't do it, "The waters freezing and very deep. You might drown." Are you still going to jump? Just because you don't like the rules posted on the bridge? I know that's a little drastic but the same concept. The mods who make up this board believe that the rules posted are for the good of the forum. They have your best interests at heart. Do all of us a favor and follow them.

__________________
"Let's stop treating models like greyhounds we plan to shoot after a race. We have to remember we are dealing with real people who have real feelings."
- James Scully
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  29
Push it to pop it!
 
justinleaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: home of the brave
Gender: homme
Posts: 968
^ what is so wrong about discussing the rules? I know this is a forum, and i really dont care enough anymore to discuss this for 10 pages... but i believe the logic behind that post is a tad unreasonable.

i DO follow the rules (and i have no warnings)... so what is the problem? If u dont want to listen to people who disagree, you dont have to.

Again, i really dont have the energy to argue with people about that, and this thread is completely off topic. If u want to discuss tfs' policy on drugs, i will certainly take part in that discussion....

  Reply With Quote
27-02-2007
  30
V.I.P.
 
model_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,262
Justin....I love how you start or join in on topics about why you can't do this or that, get other members worked up on the subject and when a mod steps in and trys to explain (when really no explaination is needed) you back off as if to say,"Who started this anyway?" Please conserve your energy....we of all people don't want you wasting it on such a trivial matter. Get some rest.

Plain and simple...NO drug talk end of subject.

__________________
"Let's stop treating models like greyhounds we plan to shoot after a race. We have to remember we are dealing with real people who have real feelings."
- James Scully

Last edited by model_mom; 27-02-2007 at 05:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discussiontfs, drugs, policy, posting
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.