How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2009
V.I.P.

I believe it's a system wide problem.

If it's still a problem today, please post in this other thread and I will report it: TFS is Not Working Properly for me ... Read Post #1, please

26-09-2009
windowshopping

No email notification despite correct settings
Hi there, I also have the problem that I don't receive emails despite the corresponding settings for that service.

Has the reason why be traced down in the meantime? Any clue how to solve the problem?

Regards
A*

26-09-2009
V.I.P.

That systems problem was fixed in August.

If no one esle is reporting this problem in the "tFS is Not Working For Me thread" (they are not), then it's likely that it's a problem with your email server. Some companies (gmail, hotmail and yahoo mail, we know for sure) completely block our automated emails ... so you won't even get them in your "junk mail" folder. To ensure that you get them, add @thefashionspot.com to thier list of "safe senders" and see if that helps.

Also check your UserCP to make sure your email is correct.

Last edited by BetteT; 26-09-2009 at 01:45 PM.
10-11-2009
backstage pass

Hi there,
I have tried to stop emails being sent to me but it doesnt seem to be working.
Im not too sure what to do now?Sorry if this Q has been asked before
Its just my inbox is always so full

Last edited by 18ForEver; 10-11-2009 at 09:55 AM.
10-11-2009
V.I.P.

^to block the emails from tFS insert @thefashionspot.com in the block sender's box.

10-11-2009
backstage pass

Where wil i find this? Thanks very much for the help

10-11-2009
V.I.P.

You're welcome. If you're using hotmail ... there's a button on the right called "Options" -> "More Options", then below "Junk e-mail" -> "Safe and blocked senders" -> "Blocked senders", then type @thefashionspot.com in the box and press "Add to this list".

10-11-2009
V.I.P.

Doing that will also block any emails that let you know that you have private messages from friends and moderators. Make sure that is what you want, before you do that.

I checked your Subscrpition noticifation settings and they are now "subcribe without notification". UserCP>Edit Otions> scroll down to Messaging & Notification / Default Thread Subcription Mode. This means that the system will continue to automatically add a subscription for any thread that you post in, but they will not be set up with any kind of notification for the newly subscribed threads.

You probably are not aware of all of the accidental subscritions you have. All of the old ones, that were not set up "without notification"... before you made that change, would still be notfiying you. You need to clear all your old subscritions ... UserCP> View all subscribe threads> check boxes on any you want to get rid of> drop down to "selected threads"> delete subscrition. Then, change your setting to "do not subscribe" and hit "Save Changes" so that you don't keep getting subscribed to everything you post in.

Then, if you wish to subscribe to a specific thread you may do so. Just go to the thead, find the thread tools on the nav bar (upper right)> Subscribe to this thread ... and follow the prompts. You will be able to select whether or not you want to be notified.

I beleive that will stop any now subscritions from emailing you.

Last edited by BetteT; 10-11-2009 at 05:10 PM.
13-02-2010
V.I.P.

okay i have unchecked all the boxes about receiving emails and i am STILL getting them :S

i only want to receive PM emails of friend request emails, not subscriptions!?!?

HELP

V.I.P.

^

If you're using hotmail ... there's a button on the right called "Options" -> "More Options", then below "Junk e-mail" -> "Safe and blocked senders" -> "Blocked senders", then type @thefashionspot.com in the box and press "Add to this list".

13-02-2010
V.I.P.

thanks love, but its going to block ALL emails then right?!?!
sigh.
i guess beggars cant be choosers, i might as well do that!

V.I.P.

Yes, all tFS emails

13-02-2010
V.I.P.

ahh, done! sigh.
thanks filipe

V.I.P.

RE: Still being inundated with emails from subscribe threads: Automatic Thread Subscriptions vs. Manually Subscribing ... and email notifications.

Right now your profile is set to "automatically subscribe" to any thread that you post in ... many people don't understand this one function, because it's confusing.

If you don't want to automatically subscribe this way, you need to check "Do not subscribe" and it will be turned off. If you want to automatically subscribe, you have several choices about what the system should do about notifying you when these threads are updated ... see below.
Quote:
Automatic Thread Subscription Mode
Do not subscribe
Subscribe with no notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification
Right now you are set to "Subscribe with no notification" which means that the system is still adding subscriptions whenever you post in a new thread but it won't send you emails on those new thread subscriptions.

I suspect that, at a certain point you probably switched from "Instant email notification", to no notification. But ... and this is the issue, I think.... I beleive that all the previous subscriptions (from before you changed to "no notification") will continue to email you ... so you must unsubscribe to stop the old subcriptions from still doing their thing.

To Stop old Automatic Subscriptions from emailing you:
  1. First turn it off by changing your Automatic Subscription off by checking "Do not subscribe." Going forward, you can turn it back on and all the new subscritions will follow your new instructions ... or you can pick and choose only threads that you want to follow (see more, below).
  2. To stop the old notifications on all the threads you have subscribed to in the past ... the ones that were emailing you .... delete all or your subscriptions and start over.
  3. Then, if you wish to automatically subscribe to threads you post in, then turn it on again, and check "Subscribe with no notifications". This will provide you with a list of subscribed threads and the updates in your UserCP, but the system won't email you each time an update comes in.
  4. Or, if you wish, you can check it for once a day or once a week email notification, which is more manageable and won't clutter your mailbox as much.
  5. Or, you may manually subscribe to specific threads, as few or as many as you want. When you do this, you will be given an email choice for that particular thread ... no email, daily or weekly emails. You do this by going into the thread you want and using the "Thread Tools" drop down menu (it's on the right on the nav bar right above the top post.) and click on "Subscribe to this thread".

Last edited by BetteT; 14-02-2010 at 04:31 PM.
15-02-2010
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
To Stop old Automatic Subscriptions from emailing you:
  1. First turn it off by changing your Automatic Subscription off by checking "Do not subscribe." Going forward, you can turn it back on and all the new subscritions will follow your new instructions ... or you can pick and choose only threads that you want to follow (see more, below).
  2. To stop the old notifications on all the threads you have subscribed to in the past ... the ones that were emailing you .... delete all or your subscriptions and start over.
  3. Then, if you wish to automatically subscribe to threads you post in, then turn it on again, and check "Subscribe with no notifications". This will provide you with a list of subscribed threads and the updates in your UserCP, but the system won't email you each time an update comes in.
  4. Or, if you wish, you can check it for once a day or once a week email notification, which is more manageable and won't clutter your mailbox as much.
  5. Or, you may manually subscribe to specific threads, as few or as many as you want. When you do this, you will be given an email choice for that particular thread ... no email, daily or weekly emails. You do this by going into the thread you want and using the "Thread Tools" drop down menu (it's on the right on the nav bar right above the top post.) and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
To stop old Subscriptions from emailing you:

In your Control Panel, left pane under "Subscribed Threads", click "List Subscriptions"

In the new window that opens, at the far right you'll see a "Notifications" column which will show you how each thread notifies you and a column of checkboxes. Checking the box at the top of the column will select ALL subscribed threads.

At the bottom right, there is a drop down menu box "Selected Threads: "

Click the arrow to make the options appear, and under "Update Subscriptions", select "No email notification", then click "Go".

This will reset the notifications for all selected threads to stop emailing you. If you have more than one page of subscriptions you will have to do this on each page.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
email, notifications, subscriptions, turn