How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-02-2010
V.I.P.

Thank you, Echoes .... that is another way to approach it, that I didn't know about.

So ... you don't have to "ban" all tFS emails .... you can actually stop whichever ones you want.

03-03-2010
V.I.P.

i started getting emails yday.. ^ just did that.
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

V.I.P.

It's not really that important but i was just wondering...

I don't seem to be getting any notifications about comments, pm's etc by e-mail. I checked all my options on getting emails about those notifications and they all are checked/ticked.

09-07-2010
goodbye kiss

^I have the same problem.
I thought my e-mail box was full, but I still get e-mails from other sites.

09-07-2010
Soviet Camaro

^ This is usually caused by one of two things. Sometimes it seems the server falls behind and doesn't send the emails. And sometimes when there are a lot of emails from the server, your email provider may interpret it as a spam attack and block them.

In either case, it usually resolves itself within a few days. If this is not the case, let us know and we'll look into it further.

goodbye kiss

Thank you for your reply, tangerine. That sounds sensible to me, since I have more than 20,000 unread e-mails from tFS .
And naya, this thread might help you too.

10-07-2010
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgirlbr View Post
since I have more than 20,000 unread e-mails from tFS
That's why I don't understand the point of notifications. Viewing Control Panel; Subscribed Threads accomplishes basically the same thing without flooding my mailbox or overloading mail servers.

10-07-2010
V.I.P.

^^ Thanks ckgirlbr!

10-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
That's why I don't understand the point of notifications. Viewing Control Panel; Subscribed Threads accomplishes basically the same thing without flooding my mailbox or overloading mail servers.
I so agree.
20,000 e-mails from tfs - crazy
IMO it's just a waste of time.

11-07-2010
fashion insider

^ I love the notifications, because I get them sent to my blackberry and I'm not at a computer to be on tFS all the time so it's easier than having to log in to check updated threads on my phone. You can change your notifications settings, so if you don't want them, or want them less often it's easy enough to do

DŌMMkammern

^^ i did this a long time ago... and thank god i did!
i always had my notifications sent to an address i rarely used, so it didnt really become a problem until i started using it more often.
the problem with changing the settings is that, for the old subscribed threads, you have to go page by page to "select all", change settings, no notification...
after 4 or so years around the threads there were MANY MANY MANY MANY pages i had to unsubscribe from.
as i probably desisted before reaching the last pages, from time to time i get a notification from a really old thread that for some reason gets "revamped" but it feels nostalgic (in a good way) so i dont mind :p

Last edited by Dkammern; 12-07-2010 at 06:03 PM.
16-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia- View Post
Quick Links -> Edit Options -> scroll to Messaging & Notification and choose No email notification (in the box called Default Thread Subscription Mode)

Hi, I have contacted the TheFashionSpot through the *Contact us* link asking for help to stop receiving emails but as an answer I was sent to this thread as a reply.

As I have followed this procedure several times in the past but am still receiving emails I am wondering if anyone could help me. TIA

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu-pt View Post
Hi, I have contacted the TheFashionSpot through the *Contact us* link asking for help to stop receiving emails but as an answer I was sent to this thread as a reply.

As I have followed this procedure several times in the past but am still receiving emails I am wondering if anyone could help me. TIA
have you unsubscribed from the threads you originally subscribed to? To do this, go to 'List subscriptions' in your User CP and unsubscribe from those that were subscribed to by default.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
have you unsubscribed from the threads you originally subscribed to? To do this, go to 'List subscriptions' in your User CP and unsubscribe from those that were subscribed to by default.

tangerine,
thank you for your answer. I wouldn't like to unsubscribe though!! I like to receive notifications on my favorite threads but here on TFS not on my email!! Do I have to unsubscribe to stop the email notifications, isn't choosing the *no email notification* option enough?

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu-pt View Post

tangerine,
thank you for your answer. I wouldn't like to unsubscribe though!! I like to receive notifications on my favorite threads but here on TFS not on my email!! Do I have to unsubscribe to stop the email notifications, isn't choosing the *no email notification* option enough?
If you go to the List Subscriptions setting in your Control Panel, you will see the list of your subscribed threads.

Check the boxes to the right of the ones you don't want to receive email notifications of.

Scroll to the bottom and click the drop down menu box for Selected Threads.

You will see a list of options (see attachment). Choose no email notification.

Click the Go button to the right of the drop down menu. The page will refresh and you will now see the word None next to the subscribed thread. You will still be subscribed to the thread; you will not receive email notifications.

Repeat on other pages as necessary.

If all of your subscribed threads on all of your pages of subscribed threads are marked none, and you are still receiving email notifications for these threads, then something else is wrong. Please let us know which threads you are still receiving unwanted emails about. You can PM me or BetteT if you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subscriptions.jpg (10.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by tangerine; 16-08-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: added attachment
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
email, notifications, subscriptions, turn