How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
If you go to the List Subscriptions setting in your Control Panel, you will see the list of your subscribed threads.

Check the boxes to the right of the ones you don't want to receive email notifications of.

Scroll to the bottom and click the drop down menu box for Selected Threads.

You will see a list of options (see attachment). Choose no email notification.

Click the Go button to the right of the drop down menu. The page will refresh and you will now see the word None next to the subscribed thread. You will still be subscribed to the thread; you will not receive email notifications.

Repeat on other pages as necessary.

If all of your subscribed threads on all of your pages of subscribed threads are marked none, and you are still receiving email notifications for these threads, then something else is wrong. Please let us know which threads you are still receiving unwanted emails about. You can PM me or BetteT if you like.

tangerine, I am going to try and do this and will let you know if will still receive any unwanted emails!!

Thanks so much for your help!!

19-03-2012
front row

i'm not sure if it has been asked before but is there a way to automatically subscribe to threads were you post to recieve email notificacions when someone reply?

Soviet Camaro

Quick Links -> Edit Options -> scroll to Messaging & Notification and choose Instant/Daily/Weekly (whichever you prefer) email notification (in the box called Default Thread Subscription Mode)

V.I.P.

That will mean that all threads you post in you will send you updates. So ... after a few months or years they just keep stacking up to the point that it may become unmanageable ...your email box might get overloaded and almost explode! Just so you know .....

19-03-2012
front row

thanks! well i have experience on that because i am member of other forums and its really helpful. If i'm not interested on a thread anymore i can unsubscribe anytime, right? but thank you for your advice, if my email clog i will disable that option

backstage pass

I have unchecked all "email notification" options under my account settings and set it so I do not receive email from subscribed threads, but am still getting emails from subscribed threads. I still want to be subscribed to them but just don't want emails!

Soviet Camaro

That will prevent you from getting email confirmations of posts to new threads that you subscribe to; however, you still need to turn off notifications for your already subscribed threads.

User CP>Subscribed Threads

On the right side, you need to check the boxes for all your subscribed threads, then use the Selected Threads drop down menu on the bottom and select no email notification, then click Go. This will change the notification status to None and you will no longer receive notifications for these threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrity View Post
I have unchecked all "email notification" options under my account settings and set it so I do not receive email from subscribed threads, but am still getting emails from subscribed threads. I still want to be subscribed to them but just don't want emails!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
email, notifications, subscriptions, turn