How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2013
V.I.P.

^ Yeah I've noticed the edges are pixelated. I don't think it looked like that before?

20-05-2013
V.I.P.

Are you talking about the Ralph Lauren ad banner at the top? If so .... that's just the way the advertiser designed his ad ... you can also see this effect on the forums listings page on the right side where they have another ad.

Other than that, I don't see any banners that are pixilated at the edge.

20-05-2013
fashion elite

no, I am talking about the headline banner which we had before. the one includes fashion news, celebrity news..., I've mentioned it here. tangerine is so kind that he requested it to the tech team afterwords, but till now I don't see it anywhere, is it planned to happen or canceled?

20-05-2013
.my prison is your brain.

^ I agree with you, and am sure the homepage misses those extra page hits as well!

I should also mention: tFS is RSS friendly if you have a reader of some sort. It picks up the news articles and also shows you any new threads that are posted on the forum, which is nice.

20-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
I have a 16-inch laptop with Windows, these are screen captures of how I saw the old forum (left window) and the new (right) in "default" and "retro".
I could read it better before. And yes, as others have said, decreasing helps a lot to read ... the main text in posts, because the texts quoted are too small (bottom photos), plus is uncomfy zoom-out, zoom-out,...
• Please tell me that the "likes" will not be below the number of posts (as I have seen in other forums) making posts even taller than they already are, because I would like to see more than two posts in the screen
• Would it be possible to remove the (for me) unnecessary padding top and bottom in quotes? They look too big.
This. I couldn't agree with you more. I've become so agitated over the past week for having to zoom out every time I visit the forum. Is there any chance whatsoever of the font size decreasing, inside the actual threads?

Some Like It Hot

Has the re-design really been worth it? because all this back and forth about details that should have been smoothed out in the planning process.. oh had its members actually been consulted.

Yes, I'm moaning and rightly so because instead of going forward as a website we've taken a step back because the retro is back to basics and the default hurts my eyes in how bright its colour scheme is - btw most people are reverting back to retro so does that not say something?

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
no, I am talking about the headline banner which we had before. the one includes fashion news, celebrity news..., I've mentioned it here. tangerine is so kind that he requested it to the tech team afterwords, but till now I don't see it anywhere, is it planned to happen or canceled?
This is something that the designers and developers need to work on together and they acknowledged the request and it's on their list. We've been hitting them pretty hard with requests so I'll give them some time before I ask about it again.

fashion elite

just saw the banner, it's great! thanks

21-05-2013
V.I.P.

I don't mean to be a bother, but I've noticed that profile comments are now limited to 1,000 characters and you cannot use the quote feature in them anymore. I hope that this will eventually change, because I've recently had to split a profile comment into multiple parts as a result of this.

21-05-2013
Tech Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion_Girl22 View Post
I don't mean to be a bother, but I've noticed that profile comments are now limited to 1,000 characters and you cannot use the quote feature in them anymore. I hope that this will eventually change, because I've recently had to split a profile comment into multiple parts as a result of this.
Quote tags added and character limit increased to 15,000.

21-05-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

^^ Great news, thanks for your hard work Buffalooed

Just one silly little thing but if we could get back our former smileys set that would be lovely. Those "", "", "", "" are not as nice as the previous ones

V.I.P.

Thank you, Buffaloed!

21-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection

^^yes please about the smilies!!!

just gonna say this once...
all of these places to post that are outside of the actual forum are undoubtedly going to decrease the number of actual posts on the actual forums...
i'm guessing that is going to make then even deader than they are now...
and they are currently deader than a doornail...

not sure why one needs a profile, karma, like button, private message and private groups and albums...
seems redundant to me and will draw people AWAY from the forums rather than TO them...

i don't know why this was done or what the motivation was, but i'm thinking it wasn't really the best plan for getting more hits to the site, since i don't think that profile comments and pm's etc count as hits, do they?

maybe they do, i don't know...

but i have decided not to accept any friend requests and not to use profile comments---
PM's and karma are enough places to check aside from the actual topics i want to visit...
the rest is just overkill and irrelevant in my book...
the reason i come here is to interact with people, not talk privately...
or to read what the public is thinking about certain fashion-related topics...
that is why a LOT of people read tFS...
anything that funnels conversations away from the forum and the public discussions is a negative, imho...

so there...

Last edited by softgrey; 21-05-2013 at 11:28 AM.
21-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
Has the re-design really been worth it? because all this back and forth about details that should have been smoothed out in the planning process.. oh had its members actually been consulted.

Yes, I'm moaning and rightly so because instead of going forward as a website we've taken a step back because the retro is back to basics and the default hurts my eyes in how bright its colour scheme is - btw most people are reverting back to retro so does that not say something?
this is just part of the process...
very often you have to launch something in order to see what is working and what isn't...
just think of this period as the BETA phase of the redesign...
they ARE asking for feedback now, and they are listening...
that is what every good website and tech start up does---
listen to the user and give them a product that they want and enjoy using...
no one ever launches something and has it be perfect on the first go...

this is a good thing...
...(ugh...that is one ugly smiley...)

Last edited by softgrey; 21-05-2013 at 11:33 AM.
21-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection

hmmm---
is it just me, or is the page count backwards...
usually, the most recent posts are the highest page number...
but now they are page one...

i don't like it...
makes no sense...
page one should be the beginning of the conversation, not the other way around...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall