How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-05-2013
backstage pass

you want my feedback:
I am sorry to say but this is the worst makeover I have seen since the new fashion gone roque site "update" look a few months ago.
Now to search for someone I have to put a puzzle together when before it was quick and useful. The lay out is so blend that all threads look like they are one big one blending into each other.... there are so many things I dislike that now unless I have to I just don't use your site anymore. I am not sure how much the people who did the upgrade got paid but you should consider suing them.
if ain't broke don't fix it...that is my motto.

23-05-2013
earthbound

now i'm on my ipad and things look fine, but i visited tfs while i was in uni on a lab computer and the user cp that is usually at the top of the page wasn't there (using chrome).

23-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection

one other thing---
there is an 'add link' tool in the quick reply box...
but there is no 'remove link'...for that you have to go advanced...
and since it is tFS policy not to post links - so as not to drive traffic away from here- it would seem like a good idea to put the 'remove link' tool in the quick reply box, no?

thx very much!

24-05-2013
V.I.P.

I connected with my ipod for the first time since the upgrade today but I couldnt find the user cp button anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

24-05-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Whoa, what in the heck is up with these "shopping links" to outside websites in posts?!? Not cool.

Any time someone types "bikini bottoms" it is linking to an outside source in this thread:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78...on-236275.html

ETA: Just noticed it in kokobombon's post above too. Please tell me this is not a new thing.

24-05-2013
Mr. Magic

I don't see any link on those posts Heather

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
24-05-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

^^ Unfortunately, it's the same in many threads. Like in the recent Balenciaga one, it underlines Balenciaga and links you to a selection of Bal books on Amazon...

Some Like It Hot

I'm getting the same, even in Kokobombon's post #214 it's underlined 'ipod' and 'cp button' and if you hover the mouse over the word it says 'Shopping link added by skimwords'.

V.I.P.

that's not happening to me but I remember it used to happened with the old theme (hovering over words and get links).

24-05-2013
V.I.P.

the underlined ads arent new. that's because you arent using an ad blocking extension.

try using a browser extension like adblock plus. they will be blocked!

AdBlock (Chrome)
Adblock Plus
New York Times article describing AdBlock

Last edited by lucy92; 24-05-2013 at 09:43 AM.
24-05-2013
V.I.P.

I noticed the same thing that kokobombon pointed out about the mobile site, the only way I found to access the UserCP is to select subscribed threads and then the link comes up in a new page.

The underlined ads are not new, I had those all the time a while back. I highly recommend the adblock lucy92 posted. I started using it a few months ago and they all went away and best of all no ads anywhere!

25-05-2013
front row

Being able to see embedded images in the mobile version is excellent. That was a major issue of mine with the old version. Thank you for fixing that.

V.I.P.

I saved my preference for the retro look on my work computer. Now when I log in from my home computer, it wasn't saved.

25-05-2013
V.I.P.

I think we were advised (maybe earlier in this thread) that changing it at the bottom of the page only works for the current session on-line. So is that what you did?

But ... members may change it in their UserCP's .... and it should stick as a permanent preference, until you change it again. I did that a while back and have been using another computer last week on a trip ... and then back home using my own computer today. It was the same in both places. So, try that.

Last edited by BetteT; 25-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.
25-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Whoa, what in the heck is up with these "shopping links" to outside websites in posts?!? Not cool.

Any time someone types "bikini bottoms" it is linking to an outside source in this thread:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78...on-236275.html

ETA: Just noticed it in kokobombon's post above too. Please tell me this is not a new thing.
We've had those links for several years now ... ever since Andy sold the site. They are paid ads, actually.

It varies which words are highlighted ... if you refresh the page they used to change. I think it's an ad option for their clients, to isolate specific key words so many times per day ... you didn't see the same word link every time ... it's more random than that. These ads look a bit different ... but it's the same concept.

For me, at first they were green then lately seemed to be gold and now they have no color at all and you have to click on them. ... but nevertheless, similar types of roll over ads have always there for me. I don't have Ad Blocker ..... I just learned not to roll over them. And I certainly won't click on them, either.

Last edited by BetteT; 25-05-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall