How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2013
V.I.P.

Edit posts whenever you want. Think about it please!

04-09-2013
V.I.P.

Editing your own posts has nothing to do with the new look of the forum ... it's exactly the same as before.

Just so you know, this change that you ask for is not being considered at this time. This is because the information or members post becomes a permanent part of our archives. If everyone were allowed to remove old posts whenever they wanted and as many as the wanted, doing so would disrupt the continuity of the threads for that who use us for research and education purposes.

We suggest that members carefully consider what they post knowing that it will become public and permanent. To assist in taking care of mistakes, members do have 10 minutes to make corrections or to delete the post altogether ... an opportunity to take a second look at what they just posted, to make sure it's OK.

16-09-2013
tfs star

Maybe this belongs in another thead, but I couldn't find a "general feedback" thread, so I am posting it here.

Would it be possible for the automatic "comminity rules reminder" message to contain the removed post? That way I could see exactly what I did wrong... A lot of talk is boarderline, and sometimes I don't agree with which posts get removed. I'd love the chance to analyse them.

16-09-2013
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
Maybe this belongs in another thead, but I couldn't find a "general feedback" thread, so I am posting it here.

Would it be possible for the automatic "comminity rules reminder" message to contain the removed post? That way I could see exactly what I did wrong... A lot of talk is boarderline, and sometimes I don't agree with which posts get removed. I'd love the chance to analyse them.
You can always contact a moderator if the reason for deletion does not make sense to you, and/or if you don't remember what you wrote.

V.I.P.

BTW ... We have asked tech support about this in the past .... about the automatic notice that is sent when we delete a post. It would be very helpful to have a quote of the actual post in that notice ... but it just can't be done.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall