How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

Speaking of karma, I don't quite get this "karma power" thing?

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

^ Agreed. I don't really like it either as it takes up unnecessary space. Some members might find it "cute" but I don't comprehend the purpose behind it. Bragging rights? I dunno.

I do like that gender has been removed, though.

13-05-2013
tfs star

There's too much white. It might work for tumblr but not really here. It just draws your attention to the embedded advertisements and not the actual forum content. Maybe the grey bordering for each post box could be a thicker grey or black.

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

I suppose it's going to take some getting used to, but as of right now, I don't like it. It's too confusing and without any lines separating things, everything is just all over the place. Too much white, like others have said too.

tfs star

I think the removal of the gender is confusing. People do not use pictures of themselves, and when describing anecdotes from their lives knowing if they are male/female helps...

Also, I'd feel stupid suggestion knee length skirts to most guys...
---

I don't get the karma-power thing either. Any possibility of seeing the formula used to calculate it?

13-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

If you find the white too blinding (I did), you can switch to tFS Retro scheme, the grey is more relaxing and it's easier to see the border between posts. There is a drop-down theme selector at the bottom of the page.

We have not turned all the new features on yet, but we will be soon.

There are a lot of suggestions being made about karma, we will be evaluating them.

Thanks for your feedback!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
If you find the white too blinding (I did), you can switch to tFS Retro scheme, the grey is more relaxing and it's easier to see the border between posts. There is a drop-down theme selector at the bottom of the page.
Oh ok, now it's much better.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure about it yet. But I just wanted to say I had trouble with logging in. It said that my username or password was wrong... It worked after 6 times and i've already heard I wasn't the only one.
the site was down for a few hours while the changeover occurred. this was in the announcement.

flaunt the imperfection..

not for nuthin'...
but if everyone likes the 'retro' theme best, shouldn't that be the default, by default...

:p

13-05-2013

thanks for putting back the line separating sigs...

majorly missing the quote boxes, already...

and i'm gonna add my vote for gender status coming back and karma power going away...

and the type is blindingly small in both themes, imho...
there are proven studies done on type size and colour and backgrounds and readability on computer screens...
creativity never trumps legibility on a forum or any type of written format in terms of effectiveness and user-friendliness...

i do think that these are tweaks that can be adjusted and am still in favour of the overall changes so far...
thanks to everyone who is working on making tFS as good as it can be...
including all the users who are giving what i think is all constructive feedback so far...

Last edited by softgrey; 13-05-2013 at 09:16 PM.
13-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
not for nuthin'...
but if everyone likes the 'retro' theme best, shouldn't that be the default, by default...

:p
or it could be just as easy as leaving the post boxes white and making the main background colour darker (grey?)..

easy fixes...

13-05-2013
fashion elite

Overall, I like the new changes. I do have to agree with the majority giving feedback though. Bring back gender status and get rid of karma power.

13-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
There's too much white. It might work for tumblr but not really here. It just draws your attention to the embedded advertisements and not the actual forum content. Maybe the grey bordering for each post box could be a thicker grey or black.
another good suggestion...
i would vote for keeping it thin as possible and dark as possible and hopefully that could be enough...

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
I think the removal of the gender is confusing. People do not use pictures of themselves, and when describing anecdotes from their lives knowing if they are male/female helps...

Also, I'd feel stupid suggestion knee length skirts to most guys...
That is a valid point. I too am now in favor of bringing back the gender status.

13-05-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonlakes View Post
The white is kind of fluorescent blinding. It wouldn't be as bad if the posts didn't blend in together and seem endless. While the new design is sleeker in some aspects, the gray was more relaxing.
Totally No mystery as to the age of the people who worked on this design

So far I have two issues ... the one you mention with the blinding fluorescent white, and how small the font size is. It's OK for short posts, but reading paragraphs that stretch out forever is really taxing. I have a 17" laptop, and my eyes are not exactly the youngest pair around here. Respect for your elders, please

PS Agree with bringing back gender and ditching the meaningless karma power. Many of us have had karma = maxint for eons now I believe this is something that has surfaced before, and been removed before. Once more, with feeling ...

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 13-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall