How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

i agree with a lot of the comments posted previously. the font is a little small and i find myself squinting a little at the white background (i'm going to switch to the retro layout though once i post this comment lol). i love the text and the black buttons (post reply etc). the notifications is really helpful and easy to see and the connect to tfs buttons are cuteee! i think the white would work better if it was a darker shade and the lines between comments on threads and the seperation of threads on the main page was a darker shade of grey. the user profiles spacing is very far left so there is a lot of white space , is anything meant to be there?

oh and i'll ad it's harder to see which threads you have read because only the first few are bolded and the rest are just normal.

Last edited by visualoptimism; 14-05-2013 at 01:43 AM.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

o just realised i wasn't signed in before ~ so now i can see the threads i haven't read ~silly me~

fashion insider

Oh my very bright! I switched immediately to retro. I love karma/comments, but we can ditch the points. Font is a bit too small for comfortable reading.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Totally No mystery as to the age of the people who worked on this design

So far I have two issues ... the one you mention with the blinding fluorescent white, and how small the font size is. It's OK for short posts, but reading paragraphs that stretch out forever is really taxing. I have a 17" laptop, and my eyes are not exactly the youngest pair around here. Respect for your elders, please

PS Agree with bringing back gender and ditching the meaningless karma power. Many of us have had karma = maxint for eons now I believe this is something that has surfaced before, and been removed before. Once more, with feeling ...
I'm smiling but i have to zoom to read the text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
If you find the white too blinding (I did), you can switch to tFS Retro scheme, the grey is more relaxing and it's easier to see the border between posts. There is a drop-down theme selector at the bottom of the page.

We have not turned all the new features on yet, but we will be soon.

There are a lot of suggestions being made about karma, we will be evaluating them.

Thanks for your feedback!
Interesting to know.
And i had problems to log in yesterday but now it's fine.
I have something to add! I love that you can see when you joined the forum .

Last edited by dr4732; 14-05-2013 at 02:49 AM.
14-05-2013
V.I.P.

I also think the way the font is small and the reply buttons are big make the whole thing appear a bit disjointed.

14-05-2013
fashion insider

Can quotes be put into eg. white boxes (in the retro version) so you have more contrast with your own text?

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
not for nuthin'...
but if everyone likes the 'retro' theme best, shouldn't that be the default, by default...

:p
I recommend this too. An easy transition is best.

14-05-2013
clever ain't wise

Most things are improved - though as always it takes some getting used to. But the quotes are problematic - there needs to be some form of separator indicating what is a quoted passage and what is not.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

A few things have been improved but everything else is horrific. Fair enough to spruce-up the homepage but not the actual forum. Why change what was already a very successful forum? The design was perfect.. everyone loved it. The whole forum just seems too big even in retro.

Any chance of reverting back?

V.I.P.

^

I'm certainly not a fan either, I thought the old one was fine.
I hate that the emoticons don't work in profile comments anymore, and I miss the profile views.

14-05-2013
tfs star

Love the new layout, looks so much more professional than the old one which was looking dated IMO. Good work admins!

V.I.P.

after using it on and off today, I've adjusted to how more spread out the layout is but two big issues remain:

(1) the font/font size of the posts. i miss the old font. this is prettier but i liked how straightforward, clear and i guess nerdy/dorky the overall layout was before? we're all enjoy talking fashion for the sake of fashion, without any flourishes. if that makes sense. --> please, please make the font sizes bigger

(2) the blue vs. grey envelopes to distinguish newer posts is not as obvious as the bold vs. regular font. i'm already color blind but the problem is exacerbated by using the 'retro theme' (which oddly enough, i highly prefer) since it's already so grey. --> bold the threads with newer posts. it is much more apparent to the eye when glancing at any of the pages

overall, i'm gonna miss the old layout. i hate change and i've been known to stop using/reading certain blogs because i couldn't stand how the newer versions were less user-friendly. Luckily, not much was changed here though. Kudos to making the 'user cp' button the first and getting rid of the karma power so quickly

Last edited by LoveMyBoots; 14-05-2013 at 06:05 AM.
14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
^

I'm certainly not a fan either, I thought the old one was fine.
I hate that the emoticons don't work in profile comments anymore, and I miss the profile views.

yeah, i agree. that's one other thing in regards to user profiles. there's no need to see such little info spread out into so many different tabs. i liked it before when i could see any brief info, friends, and then comments all on one page.

»re de ℳodernitť

Agree with those who said the font needs to be bigger and the quote section more visible.
I tried to get used to the default but it was far too tiring for my eyes so I switched to the retro.

Something else, could the colour of the notification message be changed too? It's barely noticeable, thank god I check my UserCP!

V.I.P.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time on here and I must say that I was impatiently waiting for a change. I was getting bored of the old version which started to look seriously dated. So I was quite excited when I saw that a whole change was coming quickly.
I've just switched to the retro version and I must say that I'm less lost with this one than with the all white theme. The "read threads" and the separation between comments are more distinctive with the retro theme. I like the white theme as well, it looks very minimalist, modern and definitely more professionnal. But it's a little bit too white. I don't feel very comfortable reading on such a bright background. I agree with the following statement from visualoptimism : "i think the white would work better if it was a darker shade and the lines between comments on threads and the seperation of threads on the main page was a darker shade of grey." Also, as a lot said, the font definitely needs to be bigger. I could get used to it though. Anyways, thanks for such a change and great job on everyone who worked on this new design!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall