How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2013
Forgotten Innocents

I think I'm starting to side with the people who believe that a few minor tweaks to the old design would have sufficed. I appreciate the effort in creating a fresh new start, but the change is really quite jarring, in my opinion. Switching back to the 'retro' version of the site does help, but even then, things like the size of thread titles and not being able to use smileys in profile comments does sort of bug me. Also, when you switch back to the 'retro' version, there's little space between the text you've entered into your post and the gray bar above it, unlike the spacing created from the area being white in the default.

I do, however, like that our username, status and all the other things on the side are all aligned now. I felt like that threw everything off in the old site design.

14-05-2013
backstage pass

When not logged in the forum home page (ie the list of all the subsections etc) is so narrow that longer thread titles take up 3 (narrow) lines. When logged in its ok though.

Not liking the adverts that are half way down the page in the middle of comments... were they always there or am I just noticing them more now because they are big and against a stark white background?

V.I.P.

One thing that is really bugging the life outta' me is the new font. Verdana was the font previously used, right? I have even changed the font via Safari and still no improvement. The new font must be embedded into the upgrade.

I know the upgrade has only been active for a few hours. But will we be receiving any feedback from tech, over our concerns?

V.I.P.

About the font size: I use firefox, if you select the entire page and zoom in everything gets bigger (select all plus the + button)

Can someone please explain how the Social Groups work?

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

I just LOVE it! I already get used to the white theme and everything looks more clean and organized now. As an industrial engineering student I have apprehended changes are ALWAYS good for you, always, routine just impoverishes people's mentality and creativity.

Than you so much for giving life to tfs tech support ♥

flaunt the imperfection..

alright ---
who messed with the smilies?!

is not cool... it's B ) (and it's there twice now)
and we never had the and the
those were bad leftovers from titles that we never used and basically would rather be rid of altogether because they are U.G.L.Y.

basically-we have 3 extra smillies and the sunglasses one is fecocked...

nooooooooo...

*i also vote for bringing smilies back into profile comments if possible...thx

Last edited by softgrey; 14-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.
14-05-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

^ Oh no, not the sunglasses one!!!

flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
One thing that is really bugging the life outta' me is the new font. Verdana was the font previously used, right? I have even changed the font via Safari and still no improvement. The new font must be embedded into the upgrade.

I know the upgrade has only been active for a few hours. But will we be receiving any feedback from tech, over our concerns?
don't count on it...

usually they just look at the stuff and decide amongst themselves what they want to do...
doesn't mean they won't do something though...
you just have to be patient...
after all- they don't use the forums, we do and we know what works better than them so i think they are definitely interested in constructive feedback in order to keep people posting...
the more active the forums are the better for them...
without the forums, they are pretty much dead in the water...
people don't exactly come here for the articles...

the poor mods usually get stuck having to relay messages from the main owners...so whatever happens- don't blame them!

i think we're definitely headed in the right direction here...
it's SO much better....
if they listen to the feedback and can make the tweaks we are suggesting, it'll be great!!!
it's pretty clear to see that the majority of people are all saying the same things so it's pretty easy to get these things organized and improved...
imho

Last edited by softgrey; 14-05-2013 at 12:01 PM.
14-05-2013
Tech Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
About the font size: I use firefox, if you select the entire page and zoom in everything gets bigger (select all plus the + button)

Can someone please explain how the Social Groups work?
I use the Default FullZoom Level Addon with Firefox. It remembers your zoom setting for each website and you can choose whether to use full zoom or just text room.

Social Group, Albums, and Profile Styling will be launched sometime today. People with similar interests can form social groups to have discussions and share images uploaded to their albums.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Gotta love ya, Softie! Thanks for the accurate response to that question.

Yeah ... they are reading this and making some changes .... so you are being heard.

14-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

The adding back of femme/homme labels and the removal of the karma power stat were accomplished pretty quickly. Give the tech group some credit, they are reading all these comments and they care about the user experience.

.my prison is your brain.

People will probably laugh at me for this, but I miss the star system. Yes, such a useless feature in some/most areas of the board but in others like Designers & Collections (!!!) and Magazines they were such an interesting study of how people felt about things at different times. Has that entire history been wiped clean?

The new layout is growing on me. But I still attest that it's incredibly hard to look at a forum and tell which thread's you've read, and which you haven't. I desperately miss the old forum skin in that regard.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Heather .... they had to narrow down the width of that page (thread listings) so some things had to go ... and the stars feature was chosen as one of those things that weren't essential.

I agree that the font size is a bit too small ... hard to read.

One other thing:

1. It no longer shows that we are moderators .... although our purple user names are still there. But ... a new member will probably not know what that means. So I think this should be clarified under our user names.

ETA: just removed my other comment .... seems to be intermittent. I will keep checking and post back here if it remains a problem.

Last edited by BetteT; 14-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.
14-05-2013
thunder perfect mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
The contrast is a bit much. Stark white vs everything else.
I agree it hurts my eyes

14-05-2013
fashion elite

Now that I've had a few hours to get used to the look, I have to say that the new look is a major improvement. The main forum page looks great, everything looks sleek and sophisticated and the colors really balance themselves out.

However, the real problem is reading posts on flat mode. There's just too much white everywhere. After a while, you really start to get a headache.

Might I suggest just filling in the individual poster's box with the same greyish color that shows on the left? You know, where the user's info is displayed? Then you can just leave the very top of the box, where the time shows, in white? I think that would help our eyes a lot. The overabundance of white is just very blinding.

That said, I do have to commend the design team for a job well done. I myself was getting very tired of the old look, and this is definitely an improvement. We might need a few tweaks here and there, but please know that your efforts are definitely appreciated.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall