How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

I agree that tFS retro is so much better! I actually prefer the old forum look but this one is fine I guess.Thanks for the work though.

15-05-2013
etre soi-meme

not that i'm visiting much but i like the new 'minimal' look of the forums

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

Recent Posts Don't Display
There's a "problem" at the moment, when you go on your profile---> Find all posts by : the last posts not showing up .

Maybe it's just a question of time? This gonna be fixed?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBoots View Post

yeah, i agree. that's one other thing in regards to user profiles. there's no need to see such little info spread out into so many different tabs. i liked it before when i could see any brief info, friends, and then comments all on one page.
I like the new upgrade, not much to complain about. Its very clean and minimal. Chic even.

But I'm with LoveMyBoots, I don't like how you have to click on so many tabs to get information from your friends.

Also I don't like how the mods do not have their title identifying they are mods, like Bette said it may be difficult for new users to know why those names are in purple.

MulletProof, the "Break Friendship" is harsh, I laughed when I saw that.

15-05-2013
fashion elite

can we get the latest five news banner back? now I have to check every section to know if there's anything new other than the forum section, that's not quite convenient.

15-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

Thanks for reporting, I am looking into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post
There's a "problem" at the moment, when you go on your profile---> Find all posts by : the last posts not showing up .

V.I.P.

After having used the upgrade for a few hours, I have started to like a few elements. I think the homepage looks terrific, very modern and chic - as it should be for a fashion websites. I have zero complaints regarding the homepage.

But there's still a lot of things that concern me. The fonts need to be changed back, or not to have a specific font embedded into the new upgrade. It doesn't give users the freedom we had before. The new font is very big and unattractive, it really does hurt my eyes, whatever mode I have the forums in. Verdana was a perfect font for a forum. Another concern I have is with the quoting, like so many others, I think it's hard to distinguish an actual post and the part where something has been quoted. There's no definition and it's very hard to acknowledge. Once inside a particular section of the forum, I have noticed the 'DISPLAY OPTIONS AND CURRENTLY ACTIVE USERS' box is now along the top.. whereas before it was hidden and along the bottom. I think it's unnecessary to have it along the top. The join date is a pretty unnecessary element on the mini-profiles too.

Must say that I haven't been visiting as many threads over the past few days.. due to the upgrade. The forum has become hard to navigate.

Last edited by vogue28; 15-05-2013 at 01:50 PM.
15-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

If you are referring to the headlines banner that used to be at the top of the forum page, it was eliminated as part of the new design. We can inquire if management is planning to replace it with a similar feature.

If that's not what you meant, please explain further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
can we get the latest five news banner back? now I have to check every section to know if there's anything new other than the forum section, that's not quite convenient.

fashion elite

yes that's it, please consider to feature it. thanks

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Thanks for reporting, I am looking into this.
thanks

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Heather .... they had to narrow down the width of that page (thread listings) so some things had to go ... and the stars feature was chosen as one of those things that weren't essential.

I agree that the font size is a bit too small ... hard to read.

One other thing:

1. It no longer shows that we are moderators .... although our purple user names are still there. But ... a new member will probably not know what that means. So I think this should be clarified under our user names.

ETA: just removed my other comment .... seems to be intermittent. I will keep checking and post back here if it remains a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
No typography expert here but I would agree with Vogue28 regarding the fonts, I always found that bold purple obnoxious so to see it all over the forums is just.. please no .. and I prefer Verdana as well, either that or a more elongated version of Helvetica (whatever that version is? neue? CY? I suck at this, but this is too spaced out and chubby ). Would replace purple with black and some black with grey. And go with ultra light grey instead of white because it really does hurt the eyes. *santa wishlist/tripping here*

Also agree with Bette on moderator titles.. I would prefer to get rid of the bold username, and just use a small title for ID.

Other than that, I guess I like this. I was bummed about profile comments, still am, but in a way it's as healthy as when you throw away letters from years ago..

Aside from that font aspect, I love how this finally feels more 2007 and less 2002.
ditto...
i agree with everything you said...
why is it so obvious to all of us ?......

i definitely think we should have Helvetica or Helvetica Neue as the font of choice in the forums...
a font that is featured in the Museum of Modern Art is clearly a good choice...
:p

Last edited by softgrey; 15-05-2013 at 03:03 PM.
15-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection

i've moved over to retro like most everyone seems to be doing...
i wanted to really give the default a chance before giving up on it, but i just couldn't do it anymore...

'retro' is definitely much much better...
i'm gonna stick to that for now...
and i recommend it to anyone else who is going blind...

the type is still too damn small though...

why can't it just be the size that it is when you type in the reply box, like it used to be?
it's not even this small on the homepage which is just one liners, not entire discussions or articles...

agh!

Last edited by softgrey; 15-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.
15-05-2013
fashion insider

^I am sorry - Could you repeat that a little bigger? I couldn't read you

15-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

Right now it looks like there is about a three hour lag before posts appear in search. I'll keep monitoring it to see if this is consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post

flaunt the imperfection

hey-
the colour tool isn't working for me in the advanced reply...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall