How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

ok thanks again

15-05-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Jumped shipped to the retro. Ah, much better. That other skin is just way too much purple text, and not enough contrast. I agree with everyone that it should be switched to the default so that non-members can enjoy it as well.

I still hope the quote features gets fixed, and is reverted back to the old style. It really propelled conversations when displayed so clearly (and was great for quoting articles) now it's completely an eye sore.

I do appreciate the hard work of the team involved!

15-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

Update: the tech and design groups are evaluating the feedback here and as of now, I think it is likely that we will have some change to the styling of quotes to make them more distinct, and we will probably also get a larger font.

The default background is likely to stay the same for consistency with the home page and editorial content. For members, you only have to change the skin once so this should not be an ongoing issue.

The other issues are still being evaluated. Thank you for your feedback and for your patience!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
hey-
the colour tool isn't working for me in the advanced reply...
Just wanted to move this up in the thread ... since it was posted elsewhere ... and this thread has been updated since then. Hopefully tech support will see this issue ... or Tang will report it.

15-05-2013
rising star

I haven't been around in a few days. This is the first time I'm seeing the upgraded forums, so I'll have to give a report. So far, I think it's a cleaner look.

Soviet Camaro

Update: from the development team:

Quote:
we will be rolling out smileys and enhancements in the profile as soon as we're finished with our testing, and liking posts as a future update as well
They are paying attention to the feedback, and as you can see, the quotes are now more clearly defined as separate.

Thank you for your feedback and your patience.

V.I.P.

I haven't been on tFS in a while until today, but I think the whole make over looks really, really good..it'll take some getting used to and I do also find it sort of a bummer to have lost all those memorable comments but if it's for the best then...

flaunt the imperfection

that's cool...
thx tang...i'm interested in this 'like' option...
sounds like a good thing!

i'm really sorry to say this...
but it is a fact that certain fonts look best at certain point sizes...
and imho this type looks terrible when it's bigger...
it's too 'open' (as Mulletproof mentioned)
sorry...
if it gets bigger, then i think the type needs to be a different font...

and imho, it's important for the forums and the main page to be complimentary, but i think it's ok, and probably more interesting, from a design/style point of view, if they are not exactly matchy matchy...

after all- no one matches their shoes with their purse anymore...

just my 2 cents...

Last edited by softgrey; 15-05-2013 at 11:24 PM.
15-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection

switching back over to retro now...
:p

*btw- can we call it something other than 'Retro'?
retro seems very uncool, when in fact, it's the cool one...

16-05-2013
etre soi-meme

i even liked getting and sending those 'friend requests' from and to my old tFS 'contacts'

congrats to the team for the much needed new look, those purple/grey tones of the 'old' tFS was way dated, moody & outdated for a fashion forum

16-05-2013
V.I.P.

Oooo the 'like' feature sounds like fun. Never would a witty post of mine go unappreciated again!

16-05-2013
V.I.P.

Excellent that our feedback is being received and the tech team are changing a few things. I've never had a problem with tFS in the years I have posted, so I'd hate to start having concerns now. I look forward to seeing how the changed rollout. Thanks for the updates.

But we've had to sacrifice a few of our favourite things for a few pointless elements. I'm not excited about the liking posts part.. won't that cause system load or whatever slows down the forum? We already have karma for posts we like, or is karma going? A like option might be better than having karma, actually.

I think I have started to prefer the default version of tFS. But the fonts are too big where comments are. Retro's fine where comments are - the fonts are smaller, which I like.

backstage pass

Are Mini Statistics on user profiles really necessary? I realise it's out there to give you the instant information but it ends up looking awkward and not so practical after all.
Main statistics bar would be enough for me, just with the addition of Add Album and Join Social Groups tabs.

Overall, I really appreciate the change, nice job!

Last edited by Naen; 16-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
16-05-2013
Some Like It Hot

My problem with the upgrade is why attempt to fix something that wasn't broken before? I think as participating members there should have been a vote of some sort since tFS is basically nothing without its members and for something so drastic and stark to appear at great difficulty to its members it will no doubt have a bit of a negative impact on participating members such as ourselves who found the previous layout and theme fine and dandy.

I think the decision to make these 'upgrades' were made by a select few who had nothing else to do.

We had the same problem the last time there was an attempt to 'fix' the look of tFS back in... 2010? the bright and garish look to the forum didn't go down well then either and ended up reverting almost identically back to its previous (problem free) layout and design.

tfs star

^I thought the old design was b***-ugly. I found it very amusing that a fashion forum should have such poor esthetics...

The new retro is much better looking. Minus the font size.

Last edited by eizhowa; 16-05-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
autosave, feedback, forum, messages, upgrade, wall