How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Closed and removed ... as I mentioned above. So that's why.

23-01-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
No one else has reported this problem since you first started having it. And, I can't offer any more help than what we offered here ... starting at post #137 and continuing on to the next page. ... I'll post the link here for easy reference: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f44...116657-10.html

But ... perhaps Tangerine has another idea?

Tang ... as I understand it ... there are 2 ways to subscribe. The first is to manually subscribe to a specifc thread, when you are in that thread. The second is to subscribe automatically to evey thread you post in ... and that is done by setting your Automatic Subscription settings to one of the following:
Automatic Thread Subscription Mode
- Do not subscribe
- Subscribe with no notification
- Instant email notification
- Daily email notification
- Weekly email notification

dajrekshn has her's set to automatically subsribe to every thread she posts in, with "Instant email notification". So ... I"m wondering if that might be the problem ... you can do it one way, or the other ... but not both? And maybe this overrides the manual subscriptions? If that's the case, then she could post in the thread that she wants and it will add it on to her list? Or change it to "Do not Subscribe" then go back and manually subscribe to all the threads that she wants? Just an idea ... am I on the right track?
dajrekshn, did you put your subscribed threads into folders like we discussed earlier? If so, how many threads are in the largest folder?

What browser and version are you using?

Subscription should work regardless of whether you do it manually or automatically. Nobody else is reporting this problem. It could mean nobody else has noticed it, but it could also be something specific to your browser configuration and number of subscribed threads.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
dajrekshn, did you put your subscribed threads into folders like we discussed earlier? If so, how many threads are in the largest folder?

What browser and version are you using?

Subscription should work regardless of whether you do it manually or automatically. Nobody else is reporting this problem. It could mean nobody else has noticed it, but it could also be something specific to your browser configuration and number of subscribed threads.
yeah, i did everything like you asked me to last time. i even unsubscribed to closed threads that piled up over time. i am now subscribed to 112 of them. the largest one has 51 thread.

i'm using mozilla 10.0. what i find weird is that it happens with certain threads - it used to be sienna miller one, now it's emma stone one. vanessa traina one was gone and i re-subscribed and it's now on my list after several tries. i've done it both ways for each of them and it wasn't working.

i'm sorry for being such a pain in the a**, esp since it seems i'm the only one having this problem.

thank you (both Tangerine and Bette) so much for helping me over and over again.

Soviet Camaro

You're not being a pain, it's just that we can't figure out what is causing the issue.

I'll check with the admins to see if they have any ideas. I'll let you know if they do. Sorry for the inconvenience!

V.I.P.

Quote:
You're not being a pain, it's just that we can't figure out what is causing the issue.

I'll check with the admins to see if they have any ideas. I'll let you know if they do. Sorry for the inconvenience!
oh it's fine. thank you once again!

V.I.P.

Hello, I accidentally clicked on the "Mark Forums Read" option, how can undo that? Thanks.

V.I.P.

I don't think you can. And even if you could, what it would do is mark every single thread and forum as being "unread" .... so you still loose the distinction of knowing which you have read and which you have not. Either way ... you can no longer tell the difference. Sorry.

24-01-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
oh it's fine. thank you once again!
The resident vBulletin experts are not sure why you (and apparently only you) are experiencing this issue. They did say that automatic subscription with instant email notification is not the best thing with our servers.

"...could try turning that off and subscribing manually, or using subscribe with no notification."

Beyond that, the measures become somewhat drastic and might cause some loss of information associated with your account. Please PM me if you want to discuss taking the more drastic measures.

V.I.P.

Quote:
The resident vBulletin experts are not sure why you (and apparently only you) are experiencing this issue. They did say that automatic subscription with instant email notification is not the best thing with our servers.

"...could try turning that off and subscribing manually, or using subscribe with no notification."

Beyond that, the measures become somewhat drastic and might cause some loss of information associated with your account. Please PM me if you want to discuss taking the more drastic measures.
i've been using subscribe without no notification for awhile now when i subscribe. either way, i'm gonna start doing it this way. thank you very much for your help.

btw, in the meantime, i lost Rooney Mara's thread from subscription suddenly, i re-subscribed again today.

i'm not gonna bother you anymore since it's probably due to my mozilla or computer overall (and as i'm the only one having this problem). thank you very much once again for all the help!

TNF
front row

About the topic http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78...e-groot-173771 :

It seems to have 8 pages, but for some reason, I can't open page 8. I always land at page 7 when trying.

V.I.P.

That link does not work for me. But, if you can tell me which forum it is ins (Star Style, Behind the Lens, etc.} and the name of thread, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

24-03-2012
TNF
front row

Visualising Fashion --> Magazines --> Topic: Vogue Netherlands April 2012: Josefien, Romee & Ymre by Marc de Groot.

A couple of hours ago, somebody has replied there. Strangely, I still can't read page 8.

Soviet Camaro

TNF, this is a known issue, a couple of the mods also have this experience from time to time. We are still trying to figure out what causes it.

What browser are you using, including version number, and are you using any pop up blockers? If so, which?

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting.

TNF
front row

Firefox, the most recent version (11.0), without pop up blockers.

V.I.P.

It could be a "compatibility" issue ... tFS is using an older version if vBulletin so the newer browsers sometimes have trouble with viewing some things. We have not identified it as this reason ... but it's possible. You can help us see if that might be the problem.

Please go to your FAQ or tech support for your Firefox and see if there is a "compatibilty" option and if so, turn it on and/or add thefashionspot.com to their list. Then let us know if that corrected it or not, then we can advise other members .

Last edited by BetteT; 25-03-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, general, issues, issuestfs, post, problems, properly, read, slow, tech, working