How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2013
flaunt the imperfection..

hey-
the colour tool isn't working for me in the advanced reply...

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

Softie ... copying your post to the Forum Update thread .... I believe it's related to the update, and the techs are following the other thread, I beleive.

07-06-2013
rising star

For some reason, when searching for the Fashionspot via Google, it comes up with a "this site may be compromised" warning under the search results. Screencap (sorry, couldn't get a clearer pic)

Supposedly, it might mean the site was hacked/modified by a third party? (according the google help section anyway :
http://productforums.google.com/foru...rs/WBNurcjcHBQ)

07-06-2013
V.I.P.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm thinking it probably has to do with our recent changes in the forum - that Google might have picked up the changes. In this case, it was deliberate, so I think we are fine. Tang, can you run this by tech support, just in case?

07-06-2013
Soviet Camaro

I'll call it to their attention. Thanks Lefemmenikita for reporting it!

V.I.P.

I'm getting malware warnings from a lot of Imgbox links, is it happening with anyone else?

Soviet Camaro

Malware alerts and hotlinking
The tech group has looked into the site warnings and malware, and here is what they said:

Quote:
This is occurring because members continue to hotlink images from infected sites. When those images have to be resized with javascript residing on our server google interprets site as possibly compromised.
They have blocked some new bad domains, changed the resizing filter and submitted a re-evaluation request to Google.

Please note that image resizing will work differently now:

Quote:
Oversized images will be resized to 700px. There are no user options for this and it may not render properly on really old browers.
Please remember that tFS strongly discourages hotlinking, and this is just another reason why it's not a good idea.

Thanks for your reports!

trendsetter

Edit just saw the previous post. I only get that warning when I do a past 24 hours search setting.

Last edited by Hector; 11-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
17-06-2013
windowshopping

new version of tfs is very slow
Hi!

I'm visiting your forum/site almost every day, even multiple times in a day, but since the implementation of the new platform, even if the look is dramatically changed in good, the loading of the pages take a lot of time. I don't think it has to do with the bandwidth of the internet connection | I'm having a very high speed one. Can you please do something, optimizing the platform, anything? Sometimes is getting very frustrating!

Thank you!

18-06-2013
fashion elite

I tried to upload a transparent avatar, but it doesn't work. the transparent part was filled with white color. and it wasn't like this before. is the file converting system changed?

18-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristib View Post
Hi!

I'm visiting your forum/site almost every day, even multiple times in a day, but since the implementation of the new platform, even if the look is dramatically changed in good, the loading of the pages take a lot of time. I don't think it has to do with the bandwidth of the internet connection | I'm having a very high speed one. Can you please do something, optimizing the platform, anything? Sometimes is getting very frustrating!

Thank you!
I think the issue is probably on your end or something to do with your browser ... since no other member has reported this issue.

Try this and see if it helps:

Delete your cookies, empty your cache and restart your browser.

If that doesn't help, let us know what browser you are using. I use Internet Explored and Chrome ... it's as fast as ever for me. on both of these.

18-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
I tried to upload a transparent avatar, but it doesn't work. the transparent part was filled with white color. and it wasn't like this before. is the file converting system changed?
That is because the background where the avatar is placed, the box ... is white. I think that in the past the whole area around the avatar was also white ... so you didn't notice it. To be honest, I don't think that they are up to a design change at this point ... only tech glitches. The techs are available to us (they are always available), but the design team has moved on and is no longer working with tFS. The company which owns us, also owns many other sites ... so we only get a short window for design changes.

Last edited by BetteT; 18-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.
18-06-2013
fashion elite

no, I'm using tFS retro, so the background, as it was before redesign, is grey, so the transparent part should be grey. I uploaded some transparent avatars before the redesign, and they worked fine. just to tell you so, if it can't be done, then it's fine. not really a big deal

18-06-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
I think the issue is probably on your end or something to do with your browser ... since no other member has reported this issue.

Try this and see if it helps:

Delete your cookies, empty your cache and restart your browser.

If that doesn't help, let us know what browser you are using. I use Internet Explored and Chrome ... it's as fast as ever for me. on both of these.
I constantly clear the cache/cookies and I use Firefox, the latest version. Everything seems to work fine with any other website I use to open more frequently. My internet speed is over 100 Mbps and my computer is an i7 3770K with 16GB RAM and a very powerful dedicated graphic card to help even with the graphic acceleration, an 7850 MSI Power Edition with 2GB RAM. I say this in order to eliminate maybe the very old computer issue not capable with dealing with the new trends in webdesign. I can't use any other browser, giving away the fact that IE and Chrome I don't like, is also useless for me. I'm a photographer who uses a large gamut professional LCD and the only browser out there who's fully color managed is Firefox.

It's an obvious slowness compared with the old look of the site. I sensed this immediately after the upgrade, but unfortunately I hadn't have time to report it.

I wanna help with anything I can, so please ask me anything!

I just did a rendering/loading test just now to give you an exact time value, and for the below model profile, Firefox needed 13,16 seconds to completely render the page. That's a lot for me and compared to earlier version of tfs.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...rd-237403.html

This thread 14,76 seconds:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...na-237417.html

Last edited by cristib; 18-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.
18-06-2013
Soviet Camaro

Thanks for the information. I just tried the two pages you indicated and they both loaded for me in under 2 seconds. I am not saying that you are not experiencing an issue, but nobody else is reporting this and I don't know what could be causing it.

Sometimes images hosted on other servers (postimage, turboimagehost, etc.) can be slow to load due to issues with those servers. This may be part of the issue.

I will pass this on to our tech support group, but it does seem like the problem is specific to your computer/network. If you have any other ideas about what is causing it, please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristib View Post
I constantly clear the cache/cookies and I use Firefox, the latest version. Everything seems to work fine with any other website I use to open more frequently. My internet speed is over 100 Mbps and my computer is an i7 3770K with 16GB RAM and a very powerful dedicated graphic card to help even with the graphic acceleration, an 7850 MSI Power Edition with 2GB RAM. I say this in order to eliminate maybe the very old computer issue not capable with dealing with the new trends in webdesign. I can't use any other browser, giving away the fact that IE and Chrome I don't like, is also useless for me. I'm a photographer who uses a large gamut professional LCD and the only browser out there who's fully color managed is Firefox.

It's an obvious slowness compared with the old look of the site. I sensed this immediately after the upgrade, but unfortunately I hadn't have time to report it.

I wanna help with anything I can, so please ask me anything!

I just did a rendering/loading test just now to give you an exact time value, and for the below model profile, Firefox needed 13,16 seconds to completely render the page. That's a lot for me and compared to earlier version of tfs.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...rd-237403.html

This thread 14,76 seconds:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...na-237417.html

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, general, issuestfs, post, properly, read, slow, tech, tfs, version, working