How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Thanks for the information. I just tried the two pages you indicated and they both loaded for me in under 2 seconds. I am not saying that you are not experiencing an issue, but nobody else is reporting this and I don't know what could be causing it.

Sometimes images hosted on other servers (postimage, turboimagehost, etc.) can be slow to load due to issues with those servers. This may be part of the issue.

I will pass this on to our tech support group, but it does seem like the problem is specific to your computer/network. If you have any other ideas about what is causing it, please let us know.
Thanks for your reply! I will also give you an information about my location if that helps identifying a connection problem from your servers to my country. I'm from Romania. Another idea for the moment I can't think of, just the fact I'm experiencing this from the time the interface was updated and the 1st thing that came out into my mind was "OK, great interface, love it, but why so slow?!" And this was without changing my internet provider from one day to another or my physical location. I'm under the same network parameters.

The ping test to thefashionspot.com or forum.thefashionspot.com are about 215ms and 0% loss packages. The test was made during a continuous 5 minutes interval with -t parameter at the ping request.

18-06-2013
Soviet Camaro

Thank you, I have passed this information on to the tech group, and they will look into it.

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristib View Post
Thanks for your reply! I will also give you an information about my location if that helps identifying a connection problem from your servers to my country. I'm from Romania. Another idea for the moment I can't think of, just the fact I'm experiencing this from the time the interface was updated and the 1st thing that came out into my mind was "OK, great interface, love it, but why so slow?!" And this was without changing my internet provider from one day to another or my physical location. I'm under the same network parameters.

The ping test to thefashionspot.com or forum.thefashionspot.com are about 215ms and 0% loss packages. The test was made during a continuous 5 minutes interval with -t parameter at the ping request.
Sent you a PM with some things to try, suggested by the tech group.

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
no, I'm using tFS retro, so the background, as it was before redesign, is grey, so the transparent part should be grey. I uploaded some transparent avatars before the redesign, and they worked fine. just to tell you so, if it can't be done, then it's fine. not really a big deal
This is some information I got from our tech team:

Quote:
Transparency is not preserved if image has to processed by image processing library. Avatars that exceed 160 by 80 pixels or 395.3 KB are processed. For best results use png images.

I hope this helps!

fashion elite

thanks for the info, it helps a lot

29-06-2013
V.I.P.

I don't know if I'm the only one but recently (about a couple weeks now) some images won't load for me in the threads. Some do some don't. I'll refresh the page but the problem persists. After a couple minutes the images will finally show up (if I'm lucky).

Any ideas on why this is happening? TIA.

P.S. by images I mean photos the members post (e.g. runway photos, ads etc.) Avatars and stuff like that still appear.

Last edited by Elfinkova; 29-06-2013 at 11:29 AM.
29-06-2013
V.I.P.

I also noticed that it's taking longer for photos to load lately ... in certain threads.

Not sure it cam be "fixed" because it has to do with the size and number of photos on that particular page. If it's got a ton of huge HQ images the load is heavy and it takes a lot longer to load than a thread with smaller and fewer photos. To prevent this, we actually have a policy that asks members not to post anything larger than 800 X 800 pixels but almost everyone ignores that. If they are huge ... we will remove them, but there are sooo many, that we are unable to remove everything over 800 pixels. So it's an honor system. And that makes it the members' responsibility to help out the other members but complying with this.

For HQ images and huge photos that you cannot reduce in size, rather than posting them as is, it's better to use thumbnails keep the load off our threads. This lets you link to where the photo is hosted instead, if you want to get a close look and this way, they don't place a heavy load on our servers.

Last edited by BetteT; 29-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.
29-06-2013
V.I.P.

Elfinkova, have you paid attention to where the images that don't load or load slowly are hosted? Because I have definitely been experiencing similar problems lately but I think in my case it only happens with images hosted on postimage. Postimage has been really slow for me lately, regardless of where the images are posted, and I know I'm not the only one having issues with it. It's really annoying

29-06-2013
V.I.P.

BetteT that makes a lot of sense. However I just noticed that postimage seems to be the culprit like Psylocke mentioned.

Pictures hosted on imageshack, imgbox etc. work fine. Any ideas on why it's just postimage?

29-06-2013
V.I.P.

new smilies are kind of ugly... I miss the old ones.

29-06-2013
Alluring

^Noticed that too, especially rolleyes. Loved the previous one, lol.

29-06-2013
Soviet Camaro

Postimg seems to be having server issues, maybe they are maxed out on their server capacity, but that's just speculation, I don't really know. Postimg is very slow for me, as well.

If anyone has the missing old smilies and wants to post them, we can provide them to the tech group and they can be reinstalled. They were overwritten by the new defaults as part of the software upgrade.

V.I.P.

^

Wayback Machine

(I actually want to keep the pink :p one, it's much more chic than the yellow one! Can we have both so we're all happy? )

01-07-2013
rising star

Hi there! Is there a tech or mod online? I have invited a new member but she says her PC does nothing when she clicks "Complete Registration" -- is there a bug in new signups? Thanks!

01-07-2013
V.I.P.

I answered your PM.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, general, issuestfs, post, properly, read, slow, tech, tfs, version, working