How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2004
tfs star

General Tech Issues:TFS is Not Working Properly for me ... Read Post #1, please. (2)
  1. Read the Frequently Asked Questions
  2. Please search and read the threads in the support forum to see if your question has been asked. If so, please read the responses for answers.
  3. If you need support for the following issues:
    • Login Issue
    • Registration Problem
    • Advertising Inquiry
    • Copyright Violation
    • Merging multiple accounts
    • Fill out the "Contact Us" form
Our voluntary support team will try to respond to your support request as soon as possible (24-72 hours).

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

Ok I get threads closing because of server problems but it sucks when there is no new link to redirect us to the new one. Most of the threads you closed don't even have new threads in their place and it just a really big mess for the subscribers right now

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

^Yeah, everything is a total mess right now. Especially since some threads were closed and re-started by mods and others were just closed, some even without a new post, so I have to go through all of my subscriptions to see which ones have been closed and find the new thread, if there already is one. It's quite annoying
I hope the the sytem update or whatever it was that kept TFS down today was successful, though.

21-11-2010
Deep Red Bells

I think Mods have to get another thread up and going before going back to the closed thread to post a redirection link. Check the closed threads in a bit and there may be a link to the new thread. This has happened to me before.

V.I.P.

^Yes, of course. But some of them got closed 12 hours ago And some only contain a post saying the thread was too large and a new one needs to be started. For SC and Star Style threads it's quite a hassle seeing if there already is a new one or not. Anyway, don't mean to whine since luckily I'm not the one that has to do all the work now. I can only imagine how busy the mods must be today!

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
^Yeah, everything is a total mess right now. Especially since some threads were closed and re-started by mods and others were just closed, some even without a new post, so I have to go through all of my subscriptions to see which ones have been closed and find the new thread, if there already is one. It's quite annoying
I hope the the sytem update or whatever it was that kept TFS down today was successful, though.
I agree. It just is not consistent.
But as Psylocke says -
Anyway, don't mean to whine since luckily I'm not the one that has to do all the work now. I can only imagine how busy the mods must be today!

I also feel the same.

Thanks for doing all the work mods!

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

There is actually a thread called
Closed threads
..........maybe we should be discussing the issue there

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f44...s-97391-4.html

Last edited by Paws; 21-11-2010 at 11:52 AM.
21-11-2010
Confused & Bewildered

Not sure about the 1,000 post threshold. I know of quite a few other VBulletin based boards that close/restart at 5,000 or more if they close at all. And yeah, they are as busy or busier than this. I still think it has to do with all the extraneous scripts and doo-dads running here that track people's movements and the phone home with stats and information on which ads to serve up. That and all the threads with huge, mega-file-size pictures by the hundreds.

But hey, what do I know? People always tell me I don't know a freakin' thing.

Last edited by Echoes; 21-11-2010 at 12:26 PM.
21-11-2010
V.I.P.

The threads are automatically getting closed the moment they receive their 1000th post. It's a modification added last night by our tech and some of us (mods) are just finding out, it will take a while to catch up with the threads that were closed and start new ones but we'll get there, I for one don't have a list of what was closed so in case someone spots something (that doesn't have a continuation thread), feel free to PM me.

V.I.P.

^Thanks for the information!

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

Correct .... all threads that reach 1,000 posts will be automatically closed ... to allow tFS to function better (it's the old slow loading, not updating promptly problem which is caused by long threads). We've tried closing them ourselves, but we cannot keep up. So ... unfortunatley, they made it automatic. So, the mods are unaware when that happens since they are not involved in any way. And, as a result, we can't start a new thread and post the link to it.

I have asked tech support if there is a way that the sytem can open a new thread automatically (not likely) or at least, if we can get a list of what has closed, so we can asign some people to work on starting replacement threads.

We are discussing it now ... and hope to have some idea about what we and the members can do to make this smoother.

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

Thank you all for the information and the hard work!

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

that sucks.... would be all so much easier, and probably even less work, if the mods were in control of it.

V.I.P.

Discussion about thread closings is here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f44...ml#post8280161

22-11-2010
V.I.P.

Just an FYI - got an old PM resent to me today. It's an old one that's been deleted.
Thought it was maybe a little glitch in the system. Anyone else?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, general, issues, issuestfs, post, problems, properly, read, slow, tech, working