How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-11-2009
oh! darling

Do we have a thread about blogger style? I think we do but I can't seem to find it. Thank you!

25-11-2009
V.I.P.

I can't find anything.

What do you mean by "blogger style"? If it's about a famous blogger who is a celeb ... they probably have a thread in SS already. If it's about tFS bloggers, they may post thier own pics in What are Your Wearing today... along with all of our other members. If it's just about misc. bloggers ... it's wouldn't belong in StarsStyle ... so I'm not sure it really has a place here. Possibly in Street Style, but you should ask one of ths Street Style moderators if they have or would allow a thread like that.

Last edited by BetteT; 25-11-2009 at 03:45 PM.
25-11-2009
oh! darling

There's this little girl that is sort of dorky but big into fashion and when I started her thread, someone said that it would end up in a blogger style thread. Am I imagining this?

V.I.P.

The thread might have been deleted ..... and that might be why you can't find it. Do you remember the title? I can search deleted threads, but "blogger" didn't bring up anything, even deleted thread.

25-11-2009
oh! darling

I have no idea of what the thread title may have been, but can we start one? Like you said, put it in Street Style as "Blogger Street Style." May I start it?

V.I.P.

Ask one of the Street Style mods to take it to the others for review. Give them some samples of what your are thinking about. The need to discuss this, because it's not clear cut that it belongs in StreetStyle and they may want to post some rules. Because it's Thanksgiving tomorrow, and a lot of mods are away for the weekend, you should expect a delay before they can discuss it and get back to you.

25-11-2009
oh! darling

Thank you. I will ask.

oh! darling

another question...

There a site I would love to buy from but I'm hesitant because I don't know much about their quality. Do we have a thread about the legitimacy of a site and their quality, etc?

V.I.P.

Not specifically, that I can find. But if it's about shopping for clothes I think it would be fine to start one in the Shop til You Drop forum.

03-12-2009
windowshopping

Models discussion on agecys and everyday work.
I am wondering if there is any information here that discusses the everyday life of models in NY. Discussions from models in regards to their experiences with working in NY, housing issues, experience with different agencies, advice.....
Thanks!

03-12-2009
V.I.P.

Welcome to the Fashion Spot!

The information you seek covers a lot of different topics. We don't have a thread dedicated to the NY modeling biz but, because NY is a fashion city, you'll find that a lot of the information already in our threads does apply to NY. The information is scattered throughout a lot of threads based on a more specific topic.

I have done a seach for you, since you are a brand new member, but I hope that you learn how to do your own soon. Here are only a few threads that might interset you, below: (If you want to find more, learn to search by thread titles only ... using keywords like model, modeling, models, housing, apartments, new york, agency, agencies, etc.)

In the Careers, Education & Business forum. (This forum is about various careers in fashion, including modeling.)

Most of the info you seek will be in the following mega thread:
So You Want To Be A Model? (Part #1) Before posting, you must read post #1 (closed thread ... continues here): So You Want to Be a Model? (Part #2). Read post #1 before posting.

Also:
One Model's Story
The truth about modeling expenses
Best Modeling Agency for Women and why? (an old thread, might not have all current info)
Relocating? ... All About Housing, Rentals, Apartments & Roomates

In the Etc.s of the Modeling World (which is more about the actual models than the business of modeling):
Models' apartments/homes
Model's Apartments
Models Switching Agencies

10-12-2009
rising star

Hi I was wondering whether I could post a discussion thread in Designers and Collections about what people thought were the Most memorable collections of 2000 - 2009 (Specifically spring 2000 to spring 2010). As a sort of look back on the decade. I searched but couldn't find any retrospective of this kind.

Is it an appropriate thread? Does such a thread already exist somewhere else & I missed it?

10-12-2009
V.I.P.

Ask one of the D&C Moderators .... and they will discuss it and let you know.

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

Is there a thread for technical questions? I did a search and did not find one. Thanks.

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

If you have a tech problem or error that is not addressed in a specific thread you should post your report in "tFS is Not Working Properly for Me".

If it's your "time stamp" question ... I answered it where you posted it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic