How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

Actually I am referring to general tech issues, but presumably ones that affect the tFS experience. To use a very basic example, say I did not know how to scan a picture or upload a picture to an outside host. Another thing that I have seen come up on other forums is a function that some members have and others don't and oftentimes it may be due to something outside tFS like the particular browser you are using, except you don't always know it at the time. I know it is not a core Fashion Spot issue, but I know outside topics are allowed and I was just checking to see if a thread exists for technical questions.

ETA:
Actually if you peruse the Member Support & Feedback sub-forum, a number of standalone threads have been created and I guess I am kinda reluctant to create a thread to get a single question answered.

Last edited by agee; 18-12-2009 at 03:45 PM.

19-12-2009
V.I.P.

There are individual threads about most of those things ... I think that is what you have just discovered.

We keep them separate and with search friendly titles, so that members may just search this forum to find various topics. And it keeps the forum more compact ... if we keep all like topics in one thread.

You will see that the same topic /question comes up again and again as new members join. Having a thread about each of these actually keeps all the information in one place and accessible for anyone who takes the time to do a search of the Member Support forum and who will also take the time to read the thread.

So we don't mind if you start a thread about a new topic that might be helpful for other members too. We just ask that you make sure there isn't an existing thread about it, first.

Here are some examples of threads ... what I think you are talking about:
Resizing Pictures / Images / Scans to Suit tFS Guildines
Hosting images ... How To ... Image Hosting Sites
Posting Pictures ... Using the tFS Attachments feature
Posting Pictures Without using tFS Attachments, Linking to Hosting Sites & Hotlinking
How to Upload a New Avatar
How to Post Thumbnails
My Post Count ... It Dropped / It Ddidn't Go Up ... Why?

20-12-2009
backstage pass

Is there a thread on general eating habits? I know there's fruits & vegetables, vegetarians, raw food, etc. but is there one to just talk about how people eat?

20-12-2009
V.I.P.

I searched "food eating" and and found these in Heart & Soul:
What Are You Eating Right Now? #2
Favorite Comfort Food
What's Your Favorite Junk Food?
Strange food combinations / recipes that you like

There are more ... these are the most recently active threads.

Remember ... since we don't allow any "weight talk" on tFS ... threads about food may not contain any weight loss or weight gain advice or information.

20-12-2009
backstage pass

Yeah, nothing to do with weight...

I know of those threads, but they're not exactly what I'm looking for. Can I start the thread or no?

21-12-2009
V.I.P.

Probably, but to be sure .... PM one of the Heart & Soul mods and explain about your topic ... they will advise you.

12-03-2010

I thought there was a thread on last fm somewhere, I've tried searching under a few thread title variants but haven't been able to find anything, any ideas?

V.I.P.

I'm not sure this is the right to give a feedback about this, but I just wanted to thank people who thought about this new search system. I think it was MMA, non ? or MP ??
I'm sure I've read a discussion about this, somewhere .....

anyway, I love it ......
but is that really necessary to include it btw every post ? At the top of the page is enough, imo.
Or is it just this way because I'm using Firefox ? I didn't try it on Safari yet ...

anyway, good work girls ....
these are very good mods

13-03-2010
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvystone View Post
I thought there was a thread on last fm somewhere, I've tried searching under a few thread title variants but haven't been able to find anything, any ideas?
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f62...-92295-16.html

17-03-2010
scenester

Hi!!I am looking for a thread to help me identify the year of production on vintage items that I have bought. TIA!

18-03-2010
V.I.P.

I couldn't find one.

I have some ideas for you:

If you want to do research, there are numerous threads that might help you:

In Streetstyle (sub forum of Trendspotting) there are threads by decades with photos from the 1920's to the 1980's and maybe beyond. Just do a seach in that forum for keyword "vintage" to find them.

In these other 2 forums, Magazines and Ad Campaigns, also search "vintage" and you'll find lots of information about old ads and vintage fashion magazines and pictures.

If you would like to start a thread something like "Help Me Identify my Vintage Finds" (if it's clothing, not shoes, accessories etc. which have their own forums) ... that most likely would fit in the Shop Til You Drop forum. If there is already a thread for that ... which I might have missed, the moderators of that forum can advise you.

Last edited by BetteT; 18-03-2010 at 12:39 PM.
19-03-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
I couldn't find one.

I have some ideas for you:

If you want to do research, there are numerous threads that might help you:

In Streetstyle (sub forum of Trendspotting) there are threads by decades with photos from the 1920's to the 1980's and maybe beyond. Just do a seach in that forum for keyword "vintage" to find them.

In these other 2 forums, Magazines and Ad Campaigns, also search "vintage" and you'll find lots of information about old ads and vintage fashion magazines and pictures.

If you would like to start a thread something like "Help Me Identify my Vintage Finds" (if it's clothing, not shoes, accessories etc. which have their own forums) ... that most likely would fit in the Shop Til You Drop forum. If there is already a thread for that ... which I might have missed, the moderators of that forum can advise you.
Thank you BetteT!!I will start searching first and see if I can find it thru the already started threads!! Thanks again!!

25-03-2010
Storm & Sommer

We have an interior decor thread.. but do we have an exterior decor thread ? I think I've searched for one using every imaginable word..

I'm moving.. and I need inspiration for my new rooftop terrace

pinterest : hanneonpin
25-03-2010
V.I.P.

Hanne,

The only thing I could find is this thread in A&D: Outdoor furniture (you were the last poster in this thread, btw.)

You could start a thread about exterior decor and or design for patios, balconies, atriums and terraces and ask for creative ideas and pics of outdoor "rooms".

Last edited by BetteT; 25-03-2010 at 02:19 PM.
25-03-2010
Storm & Sommer

Ohh no!
Well atleast it's been more than one year since I last posted in that thread... so it's just my long term memory I have to worry about..and not the short

I think the Outdoor furniture thread will do just fine.

Thanks Bette

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic