How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2011
V.I.P.

The moderator team reviewed the article... and they realized that it is primarily about politics and the city trying to control a designer for political reasons ... due to local protesters.

Therefore, it's been decided that this is not an acceptable topic for a thread on tFS, since members may not discuss politics in any form.

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

I've searched a thread for Mary Charteris. I didn't find any!

Do someone know do she even have one? She is the girl of the month in who what wear daily.

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

No ... we don't have a thread about her.

And this is probably why: We don't allow new threads about quasi celebs ... people who are "featured" somewhere for their street style or for their blogs ... things like that. So, it sounds like her only claim to fams is being featured on Who, What, Wear Daily ... and that is not enought to qualify her for a thread.

However, if she's way more well known than just that but you are not sure if it's enough to qualify her for her own thread, just provide any moderator with information about her background and profession, and we'll discuss her qualifications and let you know if you may start a thread.

Threads about people are mostly based on their primary occupations and each type has their own section:
  • Working Models who have representation with a legitimate modeling agency - Supporting Cast
  • Celebrities (film or stage stars or media stars) - Star Style
  • Fashion editors, Photographers or Stylists, etc. for fashion magazines - Behind the Lens.
  • Fashion Designers - Designers & Collections.
  • Musicians and Singers - Art of Noise.
  • Celebrities known for other work, but who also sing or play an insturment, more or less professionally - Celebrity Singers/Muscians

19-07-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
I've searched a thread for Mary Charteris. I didn't find any!

Do someone know do she even have one? She is the girl of the month in who what wear daily.
It does not appear that she has a thread. You may start one in Star Style, if you like.

V.I.P.

Ah ... we posted at the same time. So, yeah ... if she's a media star (Tang seems to know her ... I didn't recognize her name), then Star Style would be the place.

25-07-2011
front row

i wanted to know where is the picture in my avatar from
i know it's magda, but i dont know where it is from

where should i ask?
i tried model ID thread but nobody answered lol

backstage pass

I've opened like 4 different threads. One of them was about models we think deserve a spot in forbes highest paid supermodels. Another was about, whether models are as superficial as the public perceives them. Another was about models we think are aging perfectly and the ones we think aren't. I THINK these are appropriate topics but all the threads don't work after a few posts! I've checked to know if there are similar threads but I couldn't fine any. I've also contacted moderators but I haven't been replied.

My question is, why are the discussion I've started not working?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by dreamss; 25-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.
25-07-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamss View Post
I've opened like 4 different threads. One of them was about models we think deserve a spot in forbes highest paid supermodels. Another was about, whether models are as superficial as the public perceives them. Another was about models we think are aging perfectly and the ones we think aren't. I THINK these are appropriate topics but all the threads don't work after a few posts! I've checked to know if there are similar threads but I couldn't fine any. I've also contacted moderators but I haven't been replied.

My question is, why are the discussion I've started not working?
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually, one of the mods responded promptly to your earlier question. You can read the response here:

backstage pass

Oh thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

25-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcobitch View Post
i wanted to know where is the picture in my avatar from
i know it's magda, but i dont know where it is from

where should i ask?
i tried model ID thread but nobody answered lol
That's the right place to ask. If no one answered, then no one knew the answer.

26-07-2011
tfs star

Hi all, I want to know, where I could post my work as the fashion stylist in this forum?I've searched but I haven't found a thread for the tFS fashion stylist to post their own work. thanks

26-07-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Here:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f71...light=stylists

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 26-07-2011 at 09:09 AM.
30-07-2011
backstage pass

Hi, I just started a discussion about models who are richer and more famous than their spouses. Do you think it's a good thread? Because I don't want it to be disable. Also I think the reason my discussions are disabled is because I use my phone when starting them. Is that possible? I know I should've asked there questions before starting the discussion though
Posted via Mobile Device

30-07-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Your phone has nothing to do with it.

Specifically, the biggest problem I see with all of the threads threads you've listed are that they are almost guaranteed to lead to arguments and bickering between members -- which is something that has come to be a real problem in the ETCs sub-forum.

We have been removing new and older threads in ETCs as the the moderator team is currently in the process of revamping this particular sub-forum to make it more inline with tFS' values and purpose. Basically: we hope to see more substance and valuable discussion threads, less gossipy/comparison/pointless filler threads which often lead to a lot of model flaming and bashing.

02-08-2011
windowshopping

Hello!
I don't know where to post this...so this will probably be the place (at the moment).
I will be in LA for 3 weeks this august and I want to organize some photoshoots...but I have no idea of how do showrooms (or maybe in english it's called pressroom) work there. In Barcelona you just send them en e-mail explaining what will you do, send the pull letter(if they need one) and tha you are able to go to the showrooms and simply choose what you want. I imagine that it won't be the same in LA, at least because it's 1235 time bigger than Barcelona. Can anyone explain me how it works? If there's any goodhearted person out there that could give me some names of press rooms it would be very apreciated ....LA is SO BIG for me and I'm feeling a bit lost.
THank you,

Giulia

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic