How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

There are threads about this in the Careers, Education and Businees forum ... you must ask your questions there. We only direct you to the place where you need to go in this forum.

I have done a search for you. (You need to learn how to do this the next time you have questions, if you want to use the Fashion Spot as a place to find information ... see the Newbie and the How to Search threads in this forum to learn more about how to navagate tFS.)

Here are a few threads about this topic in Careers, Education and the Business of Fashion forum about pulling wardrobe. You did not say if you were the stylist or the photographer ... so I've included some other threads about who does what and a thread to ask for contact information. I think that if you read each of these threads, your questions will probably be answered, already.

Photographers: how to find clothes /wardrobe or a stylist for a photoshoot?
Stylist & Photographer: working together
Shooting Stories for a Stylist's /Fashion Editor's Portfolio
Pulling - Pull Letters - Asking Designers for Clothes
I need Contact Info for Publicists / Designers / Showrooms / Magazines / Stores / etc

06-08-2011
windowshopping

Thank you very much and sorry for the mess! I get pretty lost everytime I get in here.
I'm a fashion stylist by the way.
Thank you again, the links you sent me have helped me out quite a lot

Giulia

Alluring

Does anybody if the Your Current Favourite Collection thread got renamed or deleted? I cannot find it anywhere..

28-08-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
Does anybody if the Your Current Favourite Collection thread got renamed or deleted? I cannot find it anywhere..
The thread you refer to was removed as it was considered too general and redundant. There are per-season favorite collection threads, as you know; if there is none started yet for the current season, you may start one.

There is also a Top Ten Favorite Collections thread, if that is more suitable for your purpose.

An die Freude.

Is there already a thread for fashion-related books?

I'm not sure where to put the cover and news about a just released book from a designer, brand etc.

If there is no thread at the moment, how about in the Magazines-forum (http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78/), there could be a general thread about "Fashion Books", "Books about Fashion" or something like that.

I'm sure others will have a better idea for a thread-title.

11-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlebougie View Post
Is there already a thread for fashion-related books?

I'm not sure where to put the cover and news about a just released book from a designer, brand etc.

If there is no thread at the moment, how about in the Magazines-forum (http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78/), there could be a general thread about "Fashion Books", "Books about Fashion" or something like that.

I'm sure others will have a better idea for a thread-title.
There's a fashion-related books thread in the Careers, Education & the Bussines of fashion sub-forum.

Here it is: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90...ook-26178.html

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

^^ I think it's a solid idea. People could write reviews or post previews from books they own. I often find myself glancing at several coffee table books at the bookstore but they're wrapped in cellophane so I can't flip through them and they're way too expensive to "risk" it and buy them. Not sure if it would be an active thread though.

11-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Here's a thread with more discussion like fadedcolours mentions. Was actually the one I thought I was linking to earlier. Oops!

Books About Fashion & Designers - Recommendations :
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90...s-8013-15.html

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 11-09-2011 at 08:43 PM.
13-09-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah ... at one time those two threads we distinctly different ... one about designers specifcally and the other about fashion related subjects. . But I see that they have both morphed into the same thread ... just a conglomerate of books about fashion, in general. So, I'm going to merge them into one thread.

There are also these threads in Careers & Education that cover specific fashion related subjects:
Books for Fashion Designers: Sewing, Draping, Developing your Own Line. Etc.
Fashion Photography Books - Recommendations
Books on Modeling
Fashion Illustration/Sketching/Drawing: tools, croquis, templates, books.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread kind of like the Models Switching Agencies one but for designers moving from one brand to another. It would be helpful to revive that thread because I have a hard time keeping up with who's even designing the collections in Milan & Paris this season (Ferré,Kenzo,Ungaro,Balmain,etc.) but I have no idea what to search for to find that thread. Could anyone help?

16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Edited ... I misread your question. I'll see if I can find something in D&C and if I do, I"ll post it here.

Last edited by BetteT; 16-09-2011 at 12:39 PM.
16-09-2011
V.I.P.

Well, I searched back to 2003 and didn't find it ... if it actually existed.

I found this ... but that's a wish list and it's very old ... it's not about the actual movement of designers from house to house: If you could change designers at Fashion houses, who would you change?

So, I think it would be fine to start one (a new one ... and if the D&C mods know about the old one, they can merge them together). Of course, you would need some relevant information to start it with ...

Last edited by BetteT; 16-09-2011 at 01:13 PM.
17-09-2011
V.I.P.

Thank you for the answer and for taking the time to search for the topic
I'm suddenly not sure anymore if the thread I'm thinking of existed on tFS or somewhere else...
I will start a new one once I've collected some info for the first post. What do you think would be a good title for a thread like that? Especially for it to be easy to find when using the tFS search function?

(P.S. Wouldn't it also be awesome if we had separate subforums for designer discussions and one for current collections?)

17-09-2011
V.I.P.

Thread titles should always contain at least 2 easily searchable Keywords ... just for this reason ... so someone can find it later.

Keywords that would work: designers (this one will yeild 2 pages of results in D&C, so make sure there are other good keywords too) like switching, changing, moving, working, houses, brands. So, if you want to load it with keywords maybe something like "Designers Swtiching Houses ... Moving to New Brands"

I like the idea of separating collections and the rest of the thread that are discussions about designers. However, we have a policy of not having more than one Subforum for each main forum, so D&C already has a subforum .... History of Style. But I'll throwyour suggestion out there to the moderator team ... and if they like it too, maybe they can come up with a way to structure it somehow and still keep within the policy.

18-09-2011
V.I.P.

Thank you so much for your help! I like the title you suggested so I used that one for the thread: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60...ds-148721.html
I suppose the moderators of D&C can still edit it if they don't like how I did it

And yes, I know you can only have one subforum but I think it's too bad we now have such a great Supporting Cast section but the designer threads are all tossed into one forum where threads easily get buried since there are so many new threads during Fashion Week. It would be great if you could come up with something how to expand the D&C forums, too.

Thanks again for everything!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic