How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2011
trendsetter

is there a rule for making threads for magazines that are new? cause i dont know if I should make a thread or to put it in the "miscellaneous" thread. thanks in advance

btw, the magazine is 'S Moda' from Spain

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

First ... check the forum rules for Magazines ... there's probably a pinned thread near the top with the rules and ettiquette for that forum. It might have some information there.

Next, do a search in Magazines. So, if there has not been any threads for this particular magazine in the past, I would say it belongs in one of the misc. threads .... I think there is more than one, so search carefully.

Or, ask a Magazines moderator ... they will guide you. To learn who they are, look for their names listed in two places: The main forums listing page ... just to the right of the Magazines section ... and at the bottom of Magazines thread listings, on the right ... the names are in purple. Those are the mods who work in that forum and would know.

05-10-2011
fashion elite

What happened to the From Peeve to Fave! Which Models Changed Your Mind thread? Was it deleted or something? I wanted to make a post today and when I clicked on the link, it says the thread no longer exists. Did I miss a memo or something?

Last edited by Ochi Chernye; 05-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.

05-10-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
What happened to the From Peeve to Fave! Which Models Changed Your Mind thread? Was it deleted or something? I wanted to make a post today and when I clicked on the link, it says the thread no longer exists. Did I miss a memo or something?
Yes, that thread was removed. The mod team determined that it invited infighting between partisans of various models, and was not a constructive topic of conversation.

fashion elite

Ooh I see. Thanks for letting me know.

11-10-2011
backstage pass

I'm trying to find a thread that I think would be in the entertainment spot, my searches are unfruitful. It was a movie thread where screenshots would be posted of the film. It was quite beautiful and I discovered a lot of films like that.

11-10-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
I'm trying to find a thread that I think would be in the entertainment spot, my searches are unfruitful. It was a movie thread where screenshots would be posted of the film. It was quite beautiful and I discovered a lot of films like that.
This one?
Film Lovers Thread:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f51...highlight=film

Here's another great one you may enjoy
Movie Stills, Fashion In Film:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f81...highlight=film

17-10-2011
backstage pass

It's the latter, thank you so much!

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

I wonder if there's topic for posting news about new fashion books, some fashion houses launch books often, aswell as magazines. I wonder if I can create one thread called "Fashion Books" in "the Entertainment Spot", where people could recommend fashion books to each other and post news about new ones.

26-10-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
I wonder if there's topic for posting news about new fashion books, some fashion houses launch books often, aswell as magazines. I wonder if I can create one thread called "Fashion Books" in "the Entertainment Spot", where people could recommend fashion books to each other and post news about new ones.
See the discussion on the previous page (depending on your forum settings), starting with #338

V.I.P.

I wonder why we're not allowed to do "best cover of the year" threads for major magazines in magazine section? It was actually always interesting and enjoyable. Can we get back the "tradition", and if not why? Thanks

12-11-2011
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
I wonder why we're not allowed to do "best cover of the year" threads for major magazines in magazine section? It was actually always interesting and enjoyable. Can we get back the "tradition", and if not why? Thanks

Actually I already answered this question for you a few weeks ago after you PM'd me about it tarsha.

The mods decided last year based on the suggestion by some members that it wasn't necessary to have individual threads for each major magazine. Two individual threads, one for favorite covers 2011 and the other for favorite editorials 2011 will be started by a mod sometime after the Vogue Italia December 2011 issue has been posted. You can post a limit of five in each thread. The rules will be posted in the threads same as last year.

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 12-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.
12-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ Yes, you answered about it but I wanted details, exact reason. I'm surprised members didn't like it because I've got some PM (one of them today) asking me if I was going to make those threads again this year. If I remember correctly, forum had some problems and it wasn't working properly because of many threads, but I haven't seen that kind problems around tFS last year and that's why I thought I should ask about it.

Those threads (with polls) were always popular and active topics when they were here...

12-11-2011
The future is stupid

^Well now you have the exact reason. We thank you for your continued interest & contributions to tFS. Have a great day!

04-02-2012
windowshopping

where can i post a picture of clothing from which i like to know where it's from?
hey guys! is there any forumthread or another website where i can post a picture of a coat for example and people can tell me who made it?

thanks in advance!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic