How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2012
fashion icon

Yep, you got it MP! Sometimes I'm not very good at explaining myself! It seems like the sort of thread that wouldn't do terribly well, now that I'm thinking about it, since I'm not sure how many people would want to read about these things. Plus, it almost seems a bit daunting creating it.... it's hard to know where to begin. Thanks for considering the thread idea though. And thanks for sharing that link, it looks very interesting and I can't wait to dive in a read some of the papers.

21-07-2012
V.I.P.

I agree that this sort of "discussion" would be well suited to Fashion In Depth ... where interested members can discuss various ideas and theories related to fashion. Rather than an all emcompassing thread with a wide variety of topics, for example, you could post the ideas in your paper, supporting it with whatever information you have and this might stimulate conversaion about your theories. So for each theory about fashion .... we could have an individual thread in FID.

However ... if you are looking for a place just to have a list of resources, a library so to speak, that would be better in Careers, Education, et al. I think. But ... I'm thinking it's probably a bit broad in subject matter. We would have to decide what belongs in there and what we should call it to attract members who might be able to contribute information. To be honest, I'm not sure many members would have anything to contribute. We'd love this forum to be upgraded to academic standards, but the majority of members here are mainly just fashion lovers ... not intellectuals or academians.

We already have a few threads in CEB about "books" ... but mainly just how to's and books about the work and life of various designers.

But ... if you think you have lots of resources you can post to get it going, I'd be happy to open to a new thread in CEB .... maybe call it "Academic Resources for Fashion Studies" or something like that, and we'd have to place some "rules" in the first thread to explain what belongs in the thread. Just PM me with your resources, if you are interested in having us start such a thread.

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

I have a question how to recognize a designer's store which has real designer's clothes and then designer's stores that have fake designer's clothes(sold as a real one). I am interested in what kind of licence does the real store need to have so I could be sure that I am not buying fakes.

Where should I ask this question? I guess "shop till you drop"? Cause I am going to buy one bag in one store, but in my country there were few stores in the past that were selling fakes as the real ones and I don't want that this happen to me.

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVogueLove View Post
I have a question how to recognize a designer's store which has real designer's clothes and then designer's stores that have fake designer's clothes(sold as a real one). I am interested in what kind of licence does the real store need to have so I could be sure that I am not buying fakes.

Where should I ask this question? I guess "shop till you drop"? Cause I am going to buy one bag in one store, but in my country there were few stores in the past that were selling fakes as the real ones and I don't want that this happen to me.
interesting question. i moved your post here to a new thread.
How do Fashion Licenses Work?

V.I.P.

Oops ... I intercepted this question in Careers and Education ... and will leave it there for a few days. I gave you a couple of ideas about how to find out. Please check in there.

08-08-2012
scenester

Mods, is it allowed to have a thread somewhere on the forum where we can post worthy-of-reading fashion blogs? I think a lot of people would be interested in this.

For example, I really like these articles on finalfashion.ca and would like to share them:

http://finalfashion.ca/collectivism-vs-individualism/
http://finalfashion.ca/the-biological-imperative/

I mean, this is what I want to read! I want the writer to offer me some perspective, and references. Not just pretty pictures!

08-08-2012
.my prison is your brain.

As much as I would love to see a thread where we could share intelligent and well-articulated blog posts there is a major problem that exists in that we all have different ideas about what qualifies a post as "worthy-of-reading", as you put it.

For example, what makes those 2 articles you posted special, because to me they look quite generic and are not referencing any academic sources. (Not trying to be brutal, just trying to explain my point).

I think the best place to share blogs you like is to post in Favorite Fashion Blogs to READ [the word read in all caps is as it appears in the thread, to place an emphasis on the writing]:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58...ead-54778.html

25-08-2012
V.I.P.

Do we have a thread about make-up tutorial videos from youtube and similar?

25-08-2012

Quote:
Do we have a thread about make-up tutorial videos from youtube and similar?
Here ya go:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f47...als-51200.html

26-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Thank you!

And do we have a thread about how to open a store with designers clothes? I would love to know how the whole proces goes when it comes to getting designer's clothes and then selling it in your own store.

26-08-2012

Quote:
Thank you!

And do we have a thread about how to open a store with designers clothes? I would love to know how the whole proces goes when it comes to getting designer's clothes and then selling it in your own store.
Try asking (and searching) in this thread:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90...-33465-22.html

06-09-2012
V.I.P.

Maybe I'm dreaming but I believe there used to be a thread like In Search of Magazine Covers and Edits, but for ads? I can't seem to find it now.

fashion icon

Do we have a thread where we can post about outfits or a garment that either changed our outlook on fashion or on how we perceive ourselves? I feel like we do but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this or not. Thanks.

V.I.P.

There's Which Editorials Influenced Your Personal Style?. It's a lovely thread, there's discussion at the beginning and I don't think it's strictly an entire editorial (some members just posted an image). It's centered on the development of style, not sure if that's what you're looking for.

V.I.P.

Hi, I've been looking for the mega model versus thread since yesterday? All the related old threads were gone too, it seems. I couldn't search them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic