How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2013
V.I.P.

I took a look, and I would say these are not pics of them working (more like having fun) nor a formal portrait ... so since the pics don't relate to their work, I'll delete them.

Most photographers don't have a thread in The Fashion Pack because they usually are not known for their personal style.
So, unfortunately, photogs usually don't get a lot of photos of themselves posted at tFS.

Last edited by BetteT; 18-11-2013 at 04:57 PM.

18-11-2013
V.I.P.

^is it ok if I post them on Pattinson´s thread and then only post a link on M&M´s?

19-11-2013
V.I.P.

OK on the Pattinson thread and you may name them in each photo ... but please don't post a link in the M&M thread ... it's just not relevant to their work.

BTW ... thanks for asking. We wish more members would do this ... we are always happy to direct members when they are not sure.

Last edited by BetteT; 19-11-2013 at 12:18 PM.
11-01-2014
fashion elite

there was a "best profile" thread right? about posting a profile face you think beautiful, but I can't seem to find it now. any lead to that thread? thx

12-01-2014
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricciao View Post
there was a "best profile" thread right? about posting a profile face you think beautiful, but I can't seem to find it now. any lead to that thread? thx
It's gone, no conversation and too many picture, so it was just eating bandwidth.

12-01-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
It's gone, no conversation and too many picture, so it was just eating bandwidth.
ok, sad to hear that but thanks for reply!

02-03-2014
fashion icon

Starting a new magazines thread
Hello admins,

I was wondering am I allowed to start a new thread in the Magazines section named ''Your Favourite Cover Of The Month'' where the members could vote and opinionate their favourite covers on monthly basis, possibly with posting the pictures (with the credits of course).

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

I did a search and didn't find anything like this, so I don't see why not. I think that members would love to post their favorites so everyone can compare and comment.

But voting may be a problem, because you need to have someone who counts the votes and announces the winners and you'd have to start a new contest every month ... a major commitment, if you want it to work effectively.

I would suggest that you PM the moderators of the Magazines forum and ask for their guidance. They are: kimair, Luxx, iluvjeisa, hfgl

27-04-2014
windowshopping

Hello everyone I new here. I have discovered a new type of cloth from Indonesia that I want to share about. Which section of the forum should I start a thread? I have been looking at every section of the forum but have not figure out which section is best to introduce the cloth

27-04-2014
V.I.P.

Welcome to tFS!

It depends on what you want to say about this fabric. Is it batik? (Sort of assuming, since it's in your user name. ) Ha, ha ... I remember learning how to make it, way back in art class ... decades ago. It can be very beautiful ... and I've seen references to it on the runways, every few years.

Of course ... that would be of interest to some of our members. Lots of our members already know about batik ... here's the search I did and the results of all the threads (pages and pages) that have the mention of batik in them ... in case you want to do some research here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sea...rchid=27293041 You may search the idividual threads if you want to see what was said about it ... by going to the thread then clicking on the Search this Thread bar near the top, right side of the page.

For where you may talk about your fabric ... here is a general rundown:

We have Careers, Education and the Business of Fashion, which is the forum for aspiring professionals and working professionals ... information they need about all of these types of topics, plus information about techniques and sourcing.

We have Workshop/ Do It Yourself for hobbyists who want to share what they make, and their sources and ideas.

We have Personal Style, where you can share pictures of yourself in your fabric of choice and talk about your own personal style choices.

I did a search for you because most likely it will fit nicely into an existing thread about fabric and textiles. We try to keep our threads all inclusive, so we probably would merge a new thread about just one type of textile into an existing thread anyway.

Here are a few suggestions where you might post about this fabric: If you just want to offer your source to buy it (as long as you are not associated with the source, because you are not allowed to promote any business here), post it in this thread, in the Careers, Education and Business forum: Supplies/ Sources for Designers: Fabrics, Textiles, Trimings, Notions, Findings, Etc.

Or if it's a technique that you want to share (for designers, not hobbyists) post it here(also in CEB ): Techniques and technology used to make prints on fabrics / textiles?

If you are a hobbyist, you might share your projects/designs in the Workshop/Do It Yourself forum ... I didn't find a current thread about fabrics ... so perhaps you could start a new thread for all types of fabrics that people like to use (we usually lump topics like this together).

Does that cover it for you?

Last edited by BetteT; 27-04-2014 at 02:10 PM.
04-05-2014
fashion insider

i only visit a handful of celebrity 'star style' threads but is there one centered on active wear/ athletic clothing + id-ing of garments etc?

V.I.P.

No ... I don't believe there is. I could not find any such topic, in any forum, actually. Athletic/ active wear is not a popular "fashion" topic, I'm guessing

Star Style threads are usually about specific celebs and what they each wear. It's not the other way around .... not about a listing of who wears a certain type of clothing, so Star Style would probably not be the place for a thread like this, anyway.

I am thinking that Trend Spotting would be the best place for a discussion about athletic/wear. It could include pics of celebs showing what is currently popular.

05-05-2014
fashion insider

athletic gear is often down right fugly so it'd be an interesting topic to find out how the often fitness crazed celebs even models or fashion conscious athletes stay stylish while keeping in shape.

with the recent popularity of woman centric work out wear retailers coupled with the popularity of celeb workout pics i thought there might be some information out there from fans who religiously follow such celebs...but tis true i'm probably in the minority of those who'd find this topic interesting/ helpful i'll mull it over...

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Welcome to tFS!

It depends on what you want to say about this fabric. Is it batik? (Sort of assuming, since it's in your user name. ) Ha, ha ... I remember learning how to make it, way back in art class ... decades ago. It can be very beautiful ... and I've seen references to it on the runways, every few years.

Of course ... that would be of interest to some of our members. Lots of our members already know about batik ... here's the search I did and the results of all the threads (pages and pages) that have the mention of batik in them ... in case you want to do some research here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sea...rchid=27293041 You may search the idividual threads if you want to see what was said about it ... by going to the thread then clicking on the Search this Thread bar near the top, right side of the page.

For where you may talk about your fabric ... here is a general rundown:

We have Careers, Education and the Business of Fashion, which is the forum for aspiring professionals and working professionals ... information they need about all of these types of topics, plus information about techniques and sourcing.

We have Workshop/ Do It Yourself for hobbyists who want to share what they make, and their sources and ideas.

We have Personal Style, where you can share pictures of yourself in your fabric of choice and talk about your own personal style choices.

I did a search for you because most likely it will fit nicely into an existing thread about fabric and textiles. We try to keep our threads all inclusive, so we probably would merge a new thread about just one type of textile into an existing thread anyway.

Here are a few suggestions where you might post about this fabric: If you just want to offer your source to buy it (as long as you are not associated with the source, because you are not allowed to promote any business here), post it in this thread, in the Careers, Education and Business forum: Supplies/ Sources for Designers: Fabrics, Textiles, Trimings, Notions, Findings, Etc.

Or if it's a technique that you want to share (for designers, not hobbyists) post it here(also in CEB ): Techniques and technology used to make prints on fabrics / textiles?

If you are a hobbyist, you might share your projects/designs in the Workshop/Do It Yourself forum ... I didn't find a current thread about fabrics ... so perhaps you could start a new thread for all types of fabrics that people like to use (we usually lump topics like this together).

Does that cover it for you?
Thank you Bette for your help.

03-10-2014
V.I.P.

Is there a thread with showcards compilations from different seasons? I did a search and nothing came up but I don´t know if I´m looking for it the right way

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic