How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2008
V.I.P.

Advanced Search ... keyword "paid", asked for thread titles, got one page of results which included these:

In Careers, Education & Business:
How much do models get paid?
Highest Paid Models

And this in Ad Campaigns:
What's the highest ever paid to a model for a campaign?

Nothing specifically about editorials ... I think that information is in the first thread.

Found nothing specific to models when I searched the keyword "editorials".

12-09-2008
backstage pass

Scans of a particular outfit?
I wanted to request a scan (or links to a picture) of a particular dress, and I'm not sure where to ask this. I know there are rules about asking for scans, but I would really appreciate help finding a high-res picture (and back shot) of a particular dress.

The dress is from Christian Lacroix's Haute Couture S/S 2006 collection, and here is a link to the front of the dress on style.com:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co...end=&iphoto=23

I have tried searching for the show thread on TFS but I can't find it. I have also tried searching for a Lacroix thread, but no luck. Any help or suggestions at all would be appreciated. I know I must be missing the obvious... but...

12-09-2008
The future is stupid

^Here's the thread in D&C

Christian Lacroix HC S/S 06 Paris

There's a thread in the mag forum that features couture editorials. You might find a scan of it from one of the magazines in there.

Couture in Editorial

13-09-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
^Here's the thread in D&C

Christian Lacroix HC S/S 06 Paris

There's a thread in the mag forum that features couture editorials. You might find a scan of it from one of the magazines in there.

Couture in Editorial
Thank you so much for the help! I am a first class moron sometimes, lol. I will sift through the pages immediately! Thank you again!

13-09-2008
V.I.P.

Just for my intrest, How do you become a mod? Do you have to take some sort of test? and can you quit?
thanks in advance

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Just for my intrest, How do you become a mod? Do you have to take some sort of test? and can you quit?
thanks in advance
When tFS is recruiting mods there is an announcement & you can get all the details at that time if you are interested in applying.

13-09-2008
V.I.P.

thanks for the info

V.I.P.

a thread i made entitled "Celebrities appeal you don't understand" was deleted. does anyone know about this?

Last edited by Mchunu; 21-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.
26-09-2008
V.I.P.

hello..anyone?

V.I.P.

I have been on vacation, so I'm not sure why it was deleted. But I'll take a stab at it.

We try to discourage "contuned negative remarks" since that is against the Community Rules and I suspect that the moderator team felt that this topic would only encourage this type of comment. The Rule about Negative remarks:
Quote:
Continual negative comments about models or celebrities will be regarded as trying to start a flame war and as such is grounds for a warning.
Occassional negative remarks are OK ... you don't have to love everybody ... but we don't want tFS to become a catty, nasty place and this sort of thread is just asking for the wrong type of posts.

I know that we have a similar thread about models ... and we are allowing it because it was started a long, long time ago so it's sort of "grandfathered in". If it were up to me ... and the whole mod team knows this ... I would get rid of that thread too. We just have to monitor it too closely and often have to moderate disputes ... way too often.

Last edited by BetteT; 27-09-2008 at 02:59 AM.
27-09-2008
V.I.P.

thank you for answering my question BetteT. shouldn't a member be notified if a thread they created has to be deleted? i was just wondering because there were other times where this problem had arised and a very helpful mod let me know right away! i'm not exactly sure if it was common courtesy or a mod just actually doing her job!

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
thank you for answering my question BetteT. shouldn't a member be notified if a thread they created has to be deleted? i was just wondering because there were other times where this problem had arised and a very helpful mod let me know right away! i'm not exactly sure if it was common courtesy or a mod just actually doing her job!
Actually I'm the moderator who after discussion with the other moderators deleted the thread you started & yes I should have notified you... and honestly I had good intentions but I forgot about it. Moderating on tFS isn't a job... we volunteer our time & there's always plenty to do. I apologize Mchunu<3 for not notifying you about the deletion of your thread.

27-09-2008
V.I.P.

Thanks for clarifying that, MMA.

So you know, Mchunu .... there is no rule that mods have to notify you ... but we try to let you know, as a common courtesy. And I think that most of the time we manage to get that PM off ... but sometimes the time restraints make it impossible.

28-09-2008

You know how there is the model id thread..is there anywhere where we can fashion industry people id-ed?

V.I.P.

I don't think there is, actually. I've never seen one.

I think it depends on what the person who you wish to identify as to where the thread should go. But then ... if you don't know who they are .. how are you expected to know where to post it?

For example ... if it's someone sitting at a fashion show ... it could be an editor or perhaps a stylist and that would belong in Behind the Lens. Or it could be a celebrity of some sort or a publicist ... and so those would be in different places.

Do you have something specific in mind? I'd like to take it in to the moderator team and see if we can decide the most logical place for this. I'm leaning towards Behind the Lens, since we have threads about various types of fashion people there already ... editors, stylists, makeup artists, photographers.

Last edited by BetteT; 28-09-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
find, post, starting, thread, topic